Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:59 pm
c2d

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott, HHonors, Avis et al.
I tried around 8pm ET, got the 100k offer on my 2nd try in Chrome incognito, but had to go somewhere so couldn't finish the app. Now, I've been trying for the past 1 hour on multiple browsers on multiple PCs, with and without VPN, no dice. Anyone got the offer after midnight ET? Thanks in advance for any tips.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by javabytes
CreditKarma is a FAKO score, while Amex shows you a FICO score. I'd think you should have no problem financing a car at an excellent rate with a FICO score in that range, regardless of whether you apply for this card or not. Generally the best rates are for 720-730+, with no incrementally better rates for being higher than that.

Amex will likely pull a report from one credit bureau, which may or may not be different than the bureau pulled when you apply for the auto financing. (And if you're applying for financing through the dealer, don't let them shotgun your credit all over the place). So they may not even see the inquiry from applying for this card. Even if they do, it shouldn't matter. Unless you have a multitude of other recent credit applications in the mix, I'd just apply. This is a very valuable offer and who knows how long it will be around.
Thanks, java. Citi and Barclays also have my score over 800. So I shouldn't worry about a small hit (one dealer said 760+).

What other cards should I include in this application since it'll only counts as 1 pull?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:16 am

Called, worked fine. No hiccups. Just a lot of disclosures they had to read.

Approved.

Card will be sent next day delivery.

Thank you 100,000 X to the OP of this
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:48 am

Doesn't seem to be working anymore. Has anyone got this to work today?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by knn9413a
Doesn't seem to be working anymore. Has anyone got this to work today?
Have you tried calling? For people who can't get the link to come up, they've reported success in asking to apply for 100k over the phone.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:29 am

After getting this early yesterday afternoon I was able to get the PRG 50k offer to populate using the same method. Each time it only took me one or two tries using Google Chrome Incognito mode. This morning I just tried each about ten times to see if it would come up, doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Just curious if this was a short lived deal or if it's still working for anybody today...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by TravelingFitzMe
After getting this early yesterday afternoon I was able to get the PRG 50k offer to populate using the same method. Each time it only took me one or two tries using Google Chrome Incognito mode. This morning I just tried each about ten times to see if it would come up, doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Just curious if this was a short lived deal or if it's still working for anybody today...
I was able to get it to come up like clockwork yesterday, as well. Applied and combined with an SPG Personal application to combine hard pulls.

Today it is not showing up for me.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by missing_link
I was able to get it to come up like clockwork yesterday, as well. Applied and combined with an SPG Personal application to combine hard pulls.

Today it is not showing up for me.
I'm guessing that if it works, it will come up within 5-10 tries. But if it's not targeted (?) for your computer/isp/ip/whatever then it doesnt matter how many times you tried... I tried continuously for 1 hour non stop and it never came up even with 5 different browsers (opera, IE, chrome, firefox, safari). Although calling did work with no issues.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat, AA Gold, Avis PresClub
No go for me at 7am CST this morning. I couldn’t get any of the links to work so i called up the number. I told them i wasn’t at my computer but was hoping to get the $100k offer. After 37 minutes, they said they didn’t see any 100k offers in the system and if i had a code they might be able to pull something up.
Also, i did my AOR on monday and had to call into AMEX for a bus card i applied for. the CSR told me that i could only have 4 AMEX credit cards at a time including business cards. I had 8 at the time, so i had to close some. Charge cards do not count though as i had 2 of those which were counted seperately. I am not sure how she counted because she didn’t mention partner cards like a Citi AA Amex…. Not sure if that is news or not and not a big deal, it will just hurt me on small business saturday.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:14 am
c2d

Originally Posted by DBCme
Called, worked fine. No hiccups. Just a lot of disclosures they had to read.

Approved.

Card will be sent next day delivery.

Thank you 100,000 X to the OP of this
Could you share which number you called and what you mentioned for them to pull up the offer? Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:44 am

Hey guys, first off - thanks for the Reddit shoutouts! We appreciate it. I don't think we're quite as thorough as Flyertalk, but it can be a little more simple to get information across all the various programs and banks. The two websites work in unison beautifully.

Edit: It does seem that it is still possible! Just may need to try 50+ times on the application page or call the CSR a dozen times. I would say it's very much YMMV but people are still reporting success.

Disregard this below now

Anyway, it does appear the deal is dead. The link no longer works and calling doesn't seem to get you anywhere either. A few guys have tried calling 4 or 5 times with no luck. Appears it was just a one day thing, likely a glitch or bug on the back end? Can't think of any other reason the deal would be publicly available for a couple hours.

Last edited by dugup46; Aug 27, 2015 at 8:06 am Reason: Updated to say it is still possible!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by dugup46
Hey guys, first off - thanks for the Reddit shoutouts! We appreciate it. I don't think we're quite as thorough as Flyertalk, but it can be a little more simple to get information across all the various programs and banks. The two websites work in unison beautifully.

Anyway, it does appear the deal is dead. The link no longer works and calling doesn't seem to get you anywhere either. A few guys have tried calling 4 or 5 times with no luck. Appears it was just a one day thing, likely a glitch or bug on the back end? Can't think of any other reason the deal would be publicly available for a couple hours.
Not sure if any of the bloggers credited Reddit initially.

That's fine, though. The Platinum orgy was great while it lasted.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:14 am
c2d

Not quite dead yet, but definitely on its death bed. Just got off the phone with approval.

Be polite and be clear about why you want the card (not just the bonus offer). Just got off the phone (877-621-2639). Lines seem to be getting slammed, I was on hold for 15 minutes before I got an agent. I think they are now quite wary of calls about this offer, the agent asked me a lot of questions (which other amex cards I have now, what kind of benefits I liked, which airlines/hotels I use etc) before he offered me the 100k offer. He asked for my existing PRG card# to pull up my info and fill out the application. I was approved and the card will be here tomorrow! Good luck everyone.

A good last hurrah for a while before I move to Japan next month

(Data point: I have 810 FICO, several other Amex (never platinum), first amex from 2001).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:21 am

It's not dead yet!

I was unable to get the offer with IE, Chrome, or Firefox after about 20 min total trying. So, I tried calling - 800.243.3888. Had to hold for about 10 min to get a rep. Told her I saw the offer early this morning but had my internet service cut out. She first wanted the invitation code. I just told her I didn't have it due to internet access still out. She asked for the details of the offer - 100k MR for 3k spend in 3 months. She found it right away and processed the app over the phone. Instant approval and they overnight the card. Thanks whoever found this deal! I've been waiting for a year to be targeted. The call was 8/27/15 at 08:40 CST
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by c2d
Could you share which number you called and what you mentioned for them to pull up the offer? Thanks!
800-243-3888

About a 20 minute wait time to speak with a rep.

He first asked what specifically about the card I liked, I mentioned the 100k bonus for $3k spend, no foreign trans fee... he initially started to ask if I had an offer code, but then seemed to be searching and easily found a 100k offer and we were set and he was able to read off a script then take the application

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.