Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum France 30k MR bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Platinum France 30k MR bonus

Hello, I ditched my UK Platinum a few years back further to the £450 fee increase. Am now in France and noticed a 30k MR bonus (24k Avios) for new local Platinum sign-up. I am actually planning a global 2 month trip so the MR points earned on the spend, plus Insurance made me think an Amex would be handy.

I am planning on flying in J so the PriorityPass is of little value.

The insurance is what concerns me - when I left Amex, I read a lot in the UK about strict new Ts & Cs for medical - on reading the France brochure however, it just says 'won't cover any pre-existing condition which required consultation or hospitalisation in prior 12 months'. But if your illness is new and unrelated then you're ok.

Anyone have any views on Amex in France? I did also wonder about the MR bonus but cannot find any Ts&Cs - I did find one for Germany where you had to renew for a 2nd year or lose the 30k bonus....
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I also saw the offer and there's another offer for a French FB Plat Amex that comes with 50,000 miles.

I've never needed to use the insurance fortunately, but otherwise the card is fine. You'll also get invitations to various events, mostly in Paris.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.