Fine Hotels & Resorts: 2016 Bookings Not Available?

Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:17 am
Moderator: National Car
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton DM
Fine Hotels & Resorts: 2016 Bookings Not Available?

Trying to price compare AMEX Fine Hotels against some other rates, but it seems that I can't price beyond 12/31/15 (trying to search for a February 2016 reservation). Anyone know when the 2016 bookings become searchable?

For clarification, I know that AMEX travel allows 2016 searches. I am specifically looking for the Fine Hotels & Resorts search function, as FHR gives additional perks (like vouchers for food/drink at the hotel, fourth night free, etc.) So, maybe my question is when are those perks announced?

TIA.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:29 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
This problem occurs each year. The FHR contracts for 2016 have not yet been agreed, therefore no bookings. Here is a previous discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...contracts.html
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks mia!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:43 pm

Depending on the booking, you can sometimes call in and get it set up through FHR anyway. I had that experience for a stay over New Year's day. They did need to check it with the hotel first.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by billatq
Depending on the booking, you can sometimes call in and get it set up through FHR anyway. I had that experience for a stay over New Year's day. They did need to check it with the hotel first.
That's also good info - I will try that and report back.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Any update here? Still can't book FHR past 12/31/2015. So basically I can't book anything more than 10 weeks out. Silly.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Any update here? Still can't book FHR past 12/31/2015. So basically I can't book anything more than 10 weeks out. Silly.
I'm annoyed as hell because I'm trying to book an FHR hotel for NYE. It's disallowed because of the 2016 check out date.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:06 pm

Did you try to call? I already have reservations in Feb, Mar, and May...cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jeepie
Did you try to call? I already have reservations in Feb, Mar, and May...cheers.
Calling seems insane to be honest. CSR would have to go through every hotel, every option offered, room type etc for all the hotels in London for 3 different sets of dates. Currently there are 21 hotels showing on FHR. My travel plans aren't as simple as "find me a room anywhere in London for $500/night".
Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:06 pm
mia

FHR doesn't have a monopoly on hotel benefits. You could contact a Virtuoso travel agency and see what can be done:

http://www.virtuoso.com/

http://www.virtuoso.com/hotels#Searc...e=HotelNameAsc

http://www.virtuoso.com/hotels#Facet...chTerms=london
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:18 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by mia
FHR doesn't have a monopoly on hotel benefits. You could contact a Virtuoso travel agency and see what can be done:
^

You pay an annual fee to Amex to be treated like cattle.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by mia

http://www.virtuoso.com/

http://www.virtuoso.com/hotels#Searc...e=HotelNameAsc

http://www.virtuoso.com/hotels#Facet...chTerms=london
Originally Posted by ABG
^

You pay an annual fee to Amex to be treated like cattle.
Thanks for the Virtuoso links; I didn't know about that. Shall investigate, but it seems I must go to a local travel agency to get rates and availability. Am I missing something? Or do I find out rates and availability from the hotel site and then go to local agency to book for added benefits? Seems like a lot of work.

What I really need to be able to do is search for rates and availability from home. This is why FHR is useful, but of course it's useless when one can't book more than 10 weeks out.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 12:28 pm
mia

Based on previous years this problem is likely to be resolved soon when American Express has negotiated FHR contracts for 2016 and loads the rates. You can find a similar thread every year. You don't have to wait, but you will need to work by phone in the interim.

... I must go to a local travel agency ....
Review this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

There are Virtuoso travel agents on Flyertalk. Let me know if you cannot identify some from reading that thread. I cannot "recommend" anyone because I have no direct experience, but I can tell you where to look.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:23 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
What I really need to be able to do is search for rates and availability from home. This is why FHR is useful, but of course it's useless when one can't book more than 10 weeks out.
If you wish to remain a faceless, nameless traveler arriving at a hotel then yes FHR is very useful for that. It is mass market but a company that doesn't care about your travel experience. If you want to research hotel rates prior to any communication, Virtuoso rates much like FHR rates, are frequently tied to the "Best Available" or "Rate of the Day" that is displayed on the website of said hotel or chain. Sometimes the rate is lower which is just another advantage to you.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's the point in doing work to check some other rate plan that might or might not equal the FHR rates? If I'm deciding about hotel reservations, I don't want to guess about rates and perks that might be included.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.