Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kirkwoodj
Consolidated Q&A regarding the IAH Centurion Lounge

Q: Where is this thing?
A: Down the creepy looking elevator, located behind/in the duty free shop in Terminal D. If arriving via the Skyway, take a right at the bottom of the escalator, then bear left towards the D1-8 gates. Make a sharp left at the duty free shop and take the elevator to the mezzanine level.

Q: I'm arriving/departing at Terminal ___, how easy is to get there?
A: Super easy. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, which runs every couple minutes. Terminals C/D/E are all connected airside without the need for the skyway. To get from Terminals C-E to B or A you need to take the Skyway. Once you arrive at Terminal D via Skyway, follow the instructions above.

Q: What are the lounge hours?
A: 6am-9pm

Q: When is the bar open? (Damn the TABC )
A: A limited selection of cocktail, wine and beer available from 7:00 am (10:00am on Sundays) to 10:30am. Full cocktail menu available 10:30am - 8:30pm.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Did you notice if they finally put up the "Use a Clean Plate" signs at the buffet?
I’m there right now and I don’t see any clean plate sign near the buffet.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Did you notice if they finally put up the "Use a Clean Plate" signs at the buffet?
I did not.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I did not.
I guess Amex marketing is still dragging their feet on this issue - I guess a call to the Harris County health department might be needed to help encourage them to move forward.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Showers at IAH

I have a flight coming up where I'll be transferring at IAH to EZE originating from PEK via ORD
that will get me to the lounge around 5 PM mid week. How many showers do they have at this particular lounge (II believe I read up thread there’s only one), if so has anyone with experience at that time of day know if there's a big wait or not?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 22, 2019 at 4:10 am
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:55 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
American Express website shows that IAH has reopened.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
First time back today... glad to see the bartenders, Charles and the other guy, think his name is Brian. bocastephen seems to have finally gotten his wish now that the buffet isn't self service Today's menu featured rice, the lentils (holdovers from the old days) and meatballs which seem to be new. Everything was pretty good, the meatballs were a bit, shall I say, dense? I couldn't easily slice through them with the side of the fork and needed a knife.

Seems they got a good deal from ABInbev - the two of the beers on tap were Hoppadillo IPA and Love Street, from Budweiser's Houston craft brewery; and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

I didn't take any non food pics, but every other table, and every other seat was blocked off. No bar seating and plexiglass cladding. The big long table in the corner of the lounge is closed off. The empty kids room turned out to be a perfect place for me to have a work call

The lounge wasn't busy compared to the old days - I was one of maybe 4-5 people sitting in the dining room and I'd estimate that 75% of the allowable seats were occupied in the main room. I was there from 2:00-3:30 today or so.

kirkwoodj likes this.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Dec 11, 2020 at 6:16 pm
Old Dec 11, 2020, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
... bocastephen seems to have finally gotten his wish now that the buffet isn't self service ..
Not just my wish, the manager shared my frustration, but I am happy to hear the lounge is open, and serving hot food - something the United Club is not. Having someone serve you without sticking dirty fingers in the food trays, or re-using dirty dishes is definitely a bonus feature I hope they keep
krazykanuck and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Feb 11, 2021, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Bumping this thread with my Super Bowl Sunday experience here.

Key Takeaways
​​​​- a smaller Centurion Lounge
​​​​​​- feels like your in a basement with high windows 🤣
- food was pretty good but selection wasn’t as vast as other Centurion lounges
- nice touch bringing around pizza and nachos on Super Bowl Sunday

Flying Machine and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Feb 13, 2021, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

New food alert!

Today's selection included: curried tomato bisque, rice, roasted squash, pulled pork, some sweet potato deal (which I skipped) and pear ricotta something for dessert. The curried bisque was fantastic - seriously the best soup I've had in recent memory! The draft beer selection remains terrible and made up mostly of those that won't be named. Thankfully I'm coming back through the DEN CL on the other side.

CMK10, kirkwoodj, pmblinn and 1 others like this.
Old May 22, 2021, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

I stopped by very briefly this morning right when they opened as I had a 7:55 am departure out of A. Breakfast was good, nothing amazing. Bar service however was not set up and ready at opening, with nobody there, no ice, nothing set out and left one unprepared guy to handle a very mimosa thirsty crowd. I wound up getting a beer because it was clear that I wasn't getting a bloody mary with enough time to drink it before I had to leave. Beers on tap today were 8th Wonder Hopston, St. Arnold's Htown Pils, and "Budweiser". So at least some marginal improvement on that front.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What time are they closing these days?
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What time are they closing these days?
The website says 5pm
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Confirmed still 5pm, we went & checked a little after 5 this past Friday
Old Jun 23, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist
According to the AmEx website, this lounge is now open until 7pm. However I have not had the chance to confirm in person yet.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Any reports on crowding/wait times? I'm flying out of IAH tomorrow morning for the first time this year and I'm wondering whether it's worth making the trip or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.