Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Only 3 Amex card applications allowed in 90 days? [USA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only 3 Amex card applications allowed in 90 days? [USA]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I (and am sure many many others) have applied for multiple cards within 3 months and received the sign on bonuses..
Thanks. Is 6 days too little time between apps in order to receive both bonuses? Or is that a non-issue?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Heliface
...6 days too little time between apps ..
Six days is about right, discussion here:

Applying for 2 or more AMEX cards on the same day.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by Heliface
Hello,

A gentleman with a website is claiming that Amex will not honor bonus point awards if I were to apply for 2 cards within 90 days. Source:

(link to dishonest, self-serving idiot blogger removed)

Is this accurate? I just got approved for the Platinum card, and was thinking of doing the Premier Rewards Gold Card as well(after waiting the necessary 5 days of course). However, this guy is saying I won't get the bonus if I do both cards within 90 days?

Does anyone have any insight into this situation?
Yeah, a real "expert" there, blogging from his mom's basement, like virtually all the other idiots...
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Yeah, a real "expert" there, blogging from his mom's basement, like virtually all the other idiots...
Haha i guess I have my answer then. Thanks!
Old May 16, 2018, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by shimps1
Delta Gold Biz: 1/17 Instant Approval
Delta Gold Personal: 1/19, delayed until 1/24, then approval email
PRG: 2/7 Instant Approval
Green: 2/11 Instant Approval
Gold: 2/11 Instant Approval
Everyday: 2/13 Instant Decline online. Letter in the mail stated too many accounts opened in recent months.

Just called in and requested the application to be manually reviewed. What are the chances of me getting approved for this? Reading this thread makes me think it's pretty good?
So what happened?
Old May 17, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by LWT3
So what happened?
Don't remember. It's not in my Churning spreadsheet, so I must have gotten declined.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:28 pm

2/90 all credit cards or just amex?

I can't seem to find this anywhere...

Does the Amex 2/90 mean no credit cards anywhere within 90 days? (ie I got a discover and chase less than 90 days ago)

or is it just I can't have opened 2 Amex credit cards within 90 days before applying for another?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Are charge cards applicable to any rules? looking to do 3rd within 45 days
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:59 pm

Adding authorized user - decline because of 90/2 rule?

I recently added an AU on my gold card, and got a mail from amex with "you have reached the maximum number and type of cards that we will approve within the period of a few months."

Is 90/2 rule also applied when adding AU?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:03 pm
mia

It sounds as if someone sent the wrong form. I would inquire.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Also confirming while you can get 2 cards within 90 days, getting bonus is another.

Can anyone confirm that you need to wait 90 days after opening previous card to get bonus for the next one?

In my case, I got AmEx Gold Oct 19th, 2018, waited 1 week after the third statement got posted, I thought I had set up enough time for getting new bonus (SPG)
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:49 am
mia

Originally Posted by vincewy
Can anyone confirm that you need to wait 90 days after opening previous card to get bonus for the next one?
I am not aware of any reports linking bonuses to the interval between applications. Where did you read this?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by mia
I am not aware of any reports linking bonuses to the interval between applications. Where did you read this?
Found it here. I had charge card (AmEx Gold in Oct) so it might've been ok but I waited 95 days anyway just to be safe. If confirmed perhaps this should be on some type of wiki.

https://www.rewardexpert.com/blog/am...sign-up-bonus/

"Another important restriction to keep in mind is that you cannot get a sign-up bonus if you’ve gotten a new Amex card within 90 days of your application. While you can apply for two cards within a three month period, you probably won’t want to because you won’t get bonuses for both cards."
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by vincewy
Found it here. I had charge card (AmEx Gold in Oct) so it might've been ok but I waited 95 days anyway just to be safe. If confirmed perhaps this should be on some type of wiki.

https://www.rewardexpert.com/blog/am...sign-up-bonus/

"Another important restriction to keep in mind is that you cannot get a sign-up bonus if you’ve gotten a new Amex card within 90 days of your application. While you can apply for two cards within a three month period, you probably won’t want to because you won’t get bonuses for both cards."
There is a lot of misinformation in the write-up to which you linked - including the italicized text you provided.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:41 pm

Denied due to 2/60 Limit, Recon Question

I applied for the first year annual fee waived Hilton Aspire 4k/150k on 11/04, and was instantly denied with no hard pull done due to being over the 2/90 limit.
It's been about a week now that I've fallen to 1/90.
If I call recon, can they resubmit the app and will I still get the first year annual fee waived?
The first year annual fee waived Aspire is no longer available.

Last edited by Travelchurner; Nov 20, 2019 at 12:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.