Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge Day Pass fee - Per Lounge or Per Day?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage

If traveling from DFW with a connection in MIA, I'm deciding between the Centurion Lounge rather than the Admiral's Club. As a non-Centurion/Plat cardholder, would I be paying the entrance fee once for the day or once per lounge?

Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sant
If traveling from DFW with a connection in MIA, I'm deciding between the Centurion Lounge rather than the Admiral's Club. As a non-Centurion/Plat cardholder, would I be paying the entrance fee once for the day or once per lounge?

Thanks.
Have you thought about checking their website, or call the lounges directly?

http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/terms
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:18 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Have you thought about checking their website, or call the lounges directly?
I have, and the terms are vague on this issue. The closest we get are these two statements:

One Day Passes are valid for 24 hours from the time of first use....
One-Day Passes do not provide access to any American Express lounges outside the U.S. One-Day Passes are valid for use only at The Centurion Lounge and not at any other lounge facility.
I am not aware of published phone numbers for the lounges. Please mention if you have found them.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
I am not aware of published phone numbers for the lounges. Please mention if you have found them.
If not directly into the lounge, wouldn't an AMEX Rep help to find the info from their internal system whether the phone number or the Day Pass issue?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:34 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Or the OP could ask other folks who might be knowledgeable about the issue. Maybe like minded folks could even create a web site designed to share information on this and other travel related topics.......

To the OP - Sorry, but I do not know the answer to your question. If you are able to find out, it would be great if you could share it here.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

The pass is non-transferable, so it's per lounge unlike AA's one-day pass which I've used at multiple AA clubs on the same day.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:39 am

Can Day Passes be used at multiple Centurion Lounges?

Hope this is the correct place to post this question; I searched FT and couldn't find another suitable forum to lodge this question.

I have a non Centurion/Plat Amex card. If I purchase a day pass at LGA, and use it at the LGA lounge, can I also use it later (same day) at DFW when I connect to an onward flight?

Or do I have to purchase another new day pass?

If I have a long same day layover at DFW, can the day pass be used to enter the lounge in the AM and again in the PM?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:24 am
mia

The pass is non-transferable,
I believe this means the pass cannot be given to another person, but does not tell us whether it can be used at another location on the same day.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:09 am
mia

Press release announcing the opening of the Seattle Centurion Studio mentions some exceptions to the admission policy:

The Centurion Studio is open daily from 5a.m. – 10p.m. Due to the smaller setting of The Centurion Studio, access** is complimentary and limited to Platinum Card and Centurion Members, and their immediate family (spouse or domestic partner and children under 18 years of age) or one travel companion. The Centurion Studio does not sell one-day passes. One-day passes purchased at The Centurion Lounge locations are not valid at The Centurion Studio.
They would not need to include the last sentence, unless day passes are otherwise valid at more than one Centurion Lounge location. Based on this, my guess is that a pass purchased in, say, Miami will be valid later the same day in New York, Dallas or San Francisco, but not in Seattle. Now we need a report from someone who has tried it.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Why would they specifically exclude Seattle?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wripro
Why would they specifically exclude Seattle?
Too small of a lounge which is why it's called "Studio". Only Plats and Cents are allowed access to the Seattle location and both can only have one guest.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
I believe this means the pass cannot be given to another person, but does not tell us whether it can be used at another location on the same day.
The pass can not be used at another location on the same day.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:17 pm
mia

It would be helpful to others if you explained how you verified this.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:10 pm
`X'

Programs: QFF NB, DJ Gold, A3 Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Silver, A|Club Gold
Originally Posted by mia
It would be helpful to others if you explained how you verified this.
Passes can be used across multiple lounges within the 24hr period. Passes are non transferable (tied to your card used to pay). Passes can't be purchased or used in SEA.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:11 pm
mia

Originally Posted by `X'
Passes can be used across multiple lounges within the 24hr period.
Conflicting conclusions, but no indication of how either poster knows. Specifics, please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.