Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR (USA) to BA/IB Avois reduced transfer ratio 1000:800 effective 10/01/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR (USA) to BA/IB Avois reduced transfer ratio 1000:800 effective 10/01/2015

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:52 pm

thanks guys

just got it done
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The new transfer ratio is displayed on membershiprewards.com as of 7:00 EDT. It is 250:200. This does mean it it possible to transfer as few as 250 points to BAEC, would could be useful if you need to round up your balance to the next thousand.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I'm just seeing this thread. I hope I don't regret this fact. If they have a transfer bonus, I'll be back in business.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
I've been busy for the past few months so not really paying attention to forums, blogs, and the like. Of course I missed this, and I don't see anything on my statement, but hey maybe it's on one from a few months before. I've had the Amex Platinum for a while. Long enough to see the benefits dwindle from alot for the money to nothing, and this is the last straw. For $450 I get access to lounges I live nowhere near. I'm NC based and usually fly US so AA now. They took their lounge access from US and setup some lounges in Las Vegas, San Francisco, and New York so unless I'm flying to those destinations, I'll never use those. The only redeeming factor was that 4500 points could get me a one way flight.

With BA's devaluation and increasingly tighter redemption windows, that's shot too. Most of my flights aren't available except Tue-Thurs. They don't seem to offer those 4500 Avios rewards on Fri-Mon most of the time it would seem. So partly due to BA, but mainly due to this devaluation, I'm cancelling my card. I already talked with Amex and they just said we'll consider this feedback. My Chase card still does 1:1, and even if it wasn't Amex's choice, its par for the course for them to take benefits with nothing to make up for it. You think they'd want to compete at least. Honestly, they don't care. They have high risk credit individuals flocking to their Platinum so they can have it, while pandering to them their extended payment option. It will be interesting how these decisions play out in the next downturn. I mean are there any redeeming benefits. Am I missing something or does Amex just want to be a high risk credit card churn company like CapitalOne instead of the better charge card company?

Last edited by MOC991; Oct 17, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Old Oct 17, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by MOC991
I've been busy for the past few months so not really paying attention to forums, blogs, and the like.

With BA's devaluation and increasingly tighter redemption windows...
They sent it out in the fine print with the statement in June, so unless you read all of that or follow travel blogs, there was unfortunately no way to know. They definitely did not publicize it.

In terms of redemptions, it sounds like you might be a bit confused here. The devaluation didn't affect flights in the US since they have only been available when the airline releases availability at the saver level. The reduction of availability is really the responsibility of the partners, AA or AS.

Though it sounds like given all the changes the Citi Prestige or Citi AA Executive cards might suit your needs better.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
No I'm not confused. I know availability is suppose to be based on when AA/US release that availability to BA, but it definitely seemed to coincide with BA's devaluation that availability reduced on my routes, but that may just be AA tightening up their inventory as they finish merging US. US was kind of devil-may-care with their saver availability. Also, the business class rewards that were affected were something I used, but at least they still have DUB-BOS and DUS-JFK routes as reasonable coach transatlantic options.

I was more interested if there was anything redeeming about the benefits now. I don't understand what the incentive to get the card is unless you connect or fly through an airport with a Centurion lounge or just want the 40,000 signup points(which are only worth 32,000 Avios now). I doubt they'd devalue them and then do a transfer bonus again. I just want the points that I essentially lost, but Amex seems like they just want to see how many benefits they can get away with cutting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.