Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[AMEX Canada] $30 Credit for 3 $50+ buys, $20 credit for 2 $45+ Speedpass buy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

In case some AMEX cardholders didn't get the email, AMEX Canada now has 2 offers. I hope they stack as well to minimize my visits to Esso

Time to REGISTER and use your AMEX Cards at Esso for some free credits. I registered all my 4 AMEX cards (you'll get a confirmation email)
For example
(1 Card earns $30 from 3x$50 buys + $20 from $90+ Speedpass transactions) x 4 cards = Spend $1000 (could be $1000 gift cards), earn back $200 in credits

Promo 1 - Spend $50+ at Esso (Gas/gift card) & participating merchants and earn $10 credit (max $30) PER AMEX Card
https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/CA/en...6&om_lid=amex9
Earn Statement credits for purchases you make on a daily basis
The first 30,000 Consumer or Business American Express® Cards to be successfully registered between April 30, 2015 and May 30, 2015 are eligible for this offer. Once registered, each time you shop at any of these participating merchant locations in Canada and make a single purchase of $50 (CAD) or more in a single transaction, including taxes, to your registered Card, you'll earn a $10 Statement Credit. Up to a maximum of three (3) statement credits per Registered Card.
Promo 2 - Link AMEX to your Esso Speedpass, make TWO $45+ gas/gift card, and get back $20 credits
https://enroll.amexnetwork.com/CA/en/speedpass-2015/
Enjoy faster fuelling with Speedpass™ and you can earn up to $20 in Statement Credits*!
The first 15,000 Consumer or Small Business American Express® Cards to be successfully registered are eligible for this offer. Once registered, link your registered Card to your Speedpass™ key tag, use it to make a purchase of $45 or more (including taxes) between April 21 and July 31, 2015 and you can earn a $10 statement credit. Up to a maximum of two (2) Statement Credits per registered Card.

Last edited by jerryhung; Apr 30, 2015 at 8:09 pm
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:28 pm

Definitely hoping that these two offers stack. Not completely sure that they will, though.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CorSter
Definitely hoping that these two offers stack. Not completely sure that they will, though.
I did 3 transactions today, will post back the results
$45 gas on Speedpass linked to AMEX Plat -> $10 credit

$50 GC on Speedpass (AMEX Plat) -> $10 credit
>> switch Speedpass to another AMEX once $20 posted
>> Let's see if this one STACKS for extra $10 credit

$50 GC on AMEX Biz Gold -> $10 credit
>> if it works, 2 more $50 GC on this card (ie. buy 3 $50 GC with each AMEX card)
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott
Recieved email for both so registered for both. Probably not stackable.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:03 am

If it lets you register for both I don't see how they can not allow them to both work.

@Jerryhung please post back with results I am waiting for you before I delve in
Old May 1, 2015, 10:43 am
alc

Thanks Jerry for Promo 1, I just register all my AMEX in my family (7 of them) and will start the Giftcard purchase later today. Based on historical AMEX Canada promo, we should see the statement credit 1 or 2 days after the transaction posted.

In regarding Promo 2, is this the same as the thread you started a couple weeks ago?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-per-card.html

I really need to get my speedpass fix so I can get back to these speedpass promo again.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc
Thanks Jerry for Promo 1, I just register all my AMEX in my family (7 of them) and will start the Giftcard purchase later today. Based on historical AMEX Canada promo, we should see the statement credit 1 or 2 days after the transaction posted.

In regarding Promo 2, is this the same as the thread you started a couple weeks ago?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-per-card.html

I really need to get my speedpass fix so I can get back to these speedpass promo again.
Yep, Promo 2 is that thread
This thread is Promo 1 AND Promo 2 both combined

Why would they start concurrent promos (in a week) is beyond me, but if we can double dip/stack, all the better
Old May 3, 2015, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I did 3 transactions today, will post back the results
$45 gas on Speedpass linked to AMEX Plat -> $10 credit

$50 GC on Speedpass (AMEX Plat) -> $10 credit
>> switch Speedpass to another AMEX once $20 posted
>> Let's see if this one STACKS for extra $10 credit

$50 GC on AMEX Biz Gold -> $10 credit
>> if it works, 2 more $50 GC on this card (ie. buy 3 $50 GC with each AMEX card)
Confirmed, 4/30 transactions resulted
#1 $10 credit
#2 $10 credit (from Speedpass) + $10 credit from Promo 2
#3 $10 credit

So both promos do STACK, go Esso shopping happy!!
Old May 3, 2015, 8:49 am
Suspended

#1 $10 credit
#3 $10 credit

Thanks for posting! I was curious about that.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan , AMEX
Thank you , I registered for both .
Old May 4, 2015, 7:34 am

#1 $10 credit
#3 $10 credit

Fantastic.

Purchased one gift card by swiping, and a second by Speedpass - looks like I'll be able to max this one out with a third purchased by Speedpass.
Old May 4, 2015, 7:48 pm

Thanks for posting! Did not get any emails notifying me (assume it's not targeted as I was able to register for both). The nice part is the first $50 spend promo also includes Safeway (not driving as much as usual for work this month).
Old May 5, 2015, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Thanks for posting! Did not get any emails notifying me (assume it's not targeted as I was able to register for both). The nice part is the first $50 spend promo also includes Safeway (not driving as much as usual for work this month).
Fair warning - last time Amex had a similar promotion back in November, the credits weren't posting automatically for people who made qualifying transactions at Safeway.

I believe a call to Amex was enough to get the proper credits applied, but something to keep in mind nonetheless.
Old May 5, 2015, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by CorSter
Fair warning - last time Amex had a similar promotion back in November, the credits weren't posting automatically for people who made qualifying transactions at Safeway.

I believe a call to Amex was enough to get the proper credits applied, but something to keep in mind nonetheless.
Thanks! Noted.
Old May 7, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Another confirmation the promos stack at Esso. First $50+ transaction followed two days later by two emails each confirming one of the $10 credits had been earned in each of the promos followed two days later by the credits showing up. All automatic.

Have a Safeway transaction in the mix, but no email or credit yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.