Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex SPG Card Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

I wasn't sure whether this should be posted under Amex or SPG, so I figured I'd post it here and at worst it would get moved.

So... my wife and I signed up last year for 2 SPG cards each (personal and business) to rack up bonus points for flights/hotels this summer. They have since become our primary cards for non-bonused spend. I know that we can't get the signup bonus again on the personal cards, but was wondering whether anybody has ever had success getting the signup bonus on the SPG Business card more than once.

I was thinking that when the annual fees come due later this year, I will keep my personal card, add the wife as an authorized user, and close the other 3 cards. Does this seem like a good strategy?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aeg42
I wasn't sure whether this should be posted under Amex or SPG, so I figured I'd post it here and at worst it would get moved.

So... my wife and I signed up last year for 2 SPG cards each (personal and business) to rack up bonus points for flights/hotels this summer. They have since become our primary cards for non-bonused spend. I know that we can't get the signup bonus again on the personal cards, but was wondering whether anybody has ever had success getting the signup bonus on the SPG Business card more than once.

I was thinking that when the annual fees come due later this year, I will keep my personal card, add the wife as an authorized user, and close the other 3 cards. Does this seem like a good strategy?
The one sign up bonus per card by Amex is only for their personal cards. They allow multiple sign up bonuses for biz cards you have not had for the last 12 months.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 5:47 pm

Yes, I've received the 30k bonus on the business card twice now.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 9:45 pm

If you use your SPG card a lot, you can request to have annual fee waived. Mine was waived (100k+ spending per year).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.