Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Le Club Accor Platinum (via Amex UK) downgraded to Gold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

I get my Le Club Accor Platinum status via my Amex Platinum UK card.

Yesterday I received an email from Accor, telling me that my status had been downgraded to Gold. This seems to have more or less coincided with my Amex Platinum anniversary.

I contacted Amex, who said that this shouldn't have happened and that they will get in touch with them. It's going to take some time until I am upgraded again.

Has this happened to anyone before?
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
I had an email from Accor this morning saying my membership level will remain as plat.
I haven't stayed with them yet ..
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by ringingup
I get my Le Club Accor Platinum status via my Amex Platinum UK card.

Yesterday I received an email from Accor, telling me that my status had been downgraded to Gold. This seems to have more or less coincided with my Amex Platinum anniversary.

I contacted Amex, who said that this shouldn't have happened and that they will get in touch with them. It's going to take some time until I am upgraded again.

Has this happened to anyone before?
yes - with Canadian platinum.

Called them to update/upgrade.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beep88
yes - with Canadian platinum.

Called them to update/upgrade.
Did you call Amex or Accor?

Last edited by ringingup; Mar 3, 2015 at 1:44 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:37 am
Original Poster

I have received this response from Accord, which I believe is wrong. Can anyone confirm?

We understand that since you are an American Express Platinum card holder, part of the benefit is a complimentary upgrade to Le Club Accorhotels platinum card.
However, Le Club Accorhotels card status is valid for 365 days as per terms and conditions of the program.

If your cumulated activity still meets the criteria for your current status level, you get to keep the status, or be upgraded if appropriate, for a 12 month period.
Otherwise, your status is adapted to the level that corresponds to your overall activity, in compliance with the status level definitions. In all cases, a new card will be sent to you with the status based on the recalculated amount.

If you carry points over from one year to the next, status level assignment is nonetheless based on the number of hotel nights or points acquired over a consecutive period of 365 days.

As of February 28, 2015 that is, one year after your previous status level assignment, you had not reached the required conditions to obtain the next highest level. The total count of hotel nights and points is refreshed for each new period, which is why you are being informed at this time that you still need to acquire 12928 points or 54 nights to reach Le Club Accorhotels Platinum status.

We sincerely thank you for your loyalty.

We remain at your disposal for further information you may need.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Reapply for Plat via the Plat Amex website, all will be fine (hopefully)
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
Reapply for Plat via the Plat Amex website, all will be fine (hopefully)
Thanks, Raffles. I've followed your advice and done it this morning.

I'd previously contacted Amex, who said they'd follow up for me. I'm now afraid that may process the upgrade for the wrong Accor account. Unfortunately I have duplicate accounts with different email addresses.

Anyway, I can just wait and see.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:50 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by ringingup
Did you call Amex or Accor?
AMEX.

If they set up duplicate accounts, just call the hotel service centre and merge them. I don't have any points with Accor so it doesn't apply to me.

But i had to call Radisson every year as I do have lots of points with them.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:53 am
Original Poster

It got solved by re-enrolling online.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia

Every year Accor downgrades my status and I have to call AMEX to reissue back to Accor Platinum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.