Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Failed redemption on Cathay Pacific -- whom to contact?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: willieedwardcarrington

Used 290,000 AX miles deposited to CathayPacific in July for trip in March. Booked trip with CP at same time. Checked a few weeks later and was told we were booked. Discovered yesterday that AX miles still in account and no flights booked for me and my wife. Business Class not available anymore. Who should we contact?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk… since your situation appears to involved an AmEx redemption/transfer, I've retitle your post and moved it to the dedicated American Express program forum.

Good luck!

Moderator, Asia Forum
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:06 pm
Suspended

I'm not sure if I'm quite following? So were your Amex MR transferred to Asia Miles or not?

Who "booked" the trip for you?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by willieedwardcarrington
Used 290,000 AX miles deposited to CathayPacific in July for trip in March. Booked trip with CP at same time. Checked a few weeks later and was told we were booked. Discovered yesterday that AX miles still in account and no flights booked for me and my wife. Business Class not available anymore. Who should we contact?
I don't follow either. Did you receive confirmation that it has been transferred to asia miles account?

Offtopic: Short code for Cathay Pacific is CX not CP if I understand correctly there.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:03 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

When you arranged the transfer and reserved the seats did you speak with:

• American Express
  • Cathay Pacific (the airline)
  • Asia Miles (the frequent flyer program)

Airlines will not issue award tickets until the required miles are in your frequent flyer account. Membership Rewards does not offer instant transfers to Asia Miles. The published terms stipulate that transfers may take "up to" 90 days, but if you initiated the transfer in July 2014 the process would have completed or failed by now.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
>> Checked a few weeks later and was told we were booked.

You did not receive/ask for e-ticket? confirmation? bookg reference? ( in July/Augustm that is)
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by willieedwardcarrington
Who should we contact?
No one. You are SOL.

1. Even you made the transfer request, you still need to see this through.

2. A flight can be booked without paying. The issue is you must have a ticket. The ticket, nor the PNR, is your ultimate proof of reservation.

BTW (OT) - MR (Membership Rewards) are points, not miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.