Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2019, 1:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Well, except you. ^
In which of those quotes did I claim Ameriprise freeloaders were the primary cause of Centurion crowding? I simply pointed out the obvious: No one would keep getting a new Ameriprise card each year if they weren't using the benefits.

I'll give you credit though - when you see a dead equine, you continue to flog the hell out of it.
Another bitter Ameriprise churner heard from. LOL.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:00 am

Last edited by envol; Nov 22, 2019 at 5:44 am Reason: delete
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm arriving in PHL at 2:30 and departing at 6:50 on a transatlantic. How strict is the lounge there as re the 3-hour rule? I'd like to be able to sit there from about 3-6 PM.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'm arriving in PHL at 2:30 and departing at 6:50 on a transatlantic. How strict is the lounge there as re the 3-hour rule? I'd like to be able to sit there from about 3-6 PM.
No 3-hour rule on connections
milesforhire likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....arriving in PHL at 2:30 and departing at 6:50 .....
If you are arriving by aircraft you are "connecting", and the 3 hour rule does not apply.
milesforhire likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by icelandman2
Originally Posted by mia
If you are arriving by aircraft you are "connecting", and the 3 hour rule does not apply.
Yay! Excellent news. I wasn't even thinking there was a difference.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by icelandman2
.... yet, for Centurion lounges. Just waiting to see when they try to go the way of some Priority Pass lounges, where being on a connection doesn’t come with an allowance to spend more time than say 3-4 hours per swipe.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder

.... yet, for Centurion lounges. Just waiting to see when they try to go the way of some Priority Pass lounges, where being on a connection doesn’t come with an allowance to spend more time than say 3-4 hours per swipe.
I feel like this will be very difficult to accurately enforce. If I check in on a 4 hour connection are they really going to have someone walking around to kick me out at 3 hours? Seems tedious for the staff.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:43 am
Suspended

Get there as fast as possible and grab a seat. It's been crazy crowded lately during that time frame.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by QtownDave
Get there as fast as possible and grab a seat. It's been crazy crowded lately during that time frame.
Gotcha. I wonder if part of the issue is that there’s no PP at PHL other than minute suites.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
They had a waitlist to enter the lounge at SEA yesterday at about 5PM. I had to wait about 15 minutes. They took my number and said they would text me when I'm allowed to go in.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yeah, that's the standard procedure at Seattle. You'll know there's a line if you see people standing outside the door. I prefer to wait in a nearby gate area.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
They had a waitlist to enter the lounge at SEA yesterday at about 5PM. I had to wait about 15 minutes. They took my number and said they would text me when I'm allowed to go in.
That is not my idea of a lounge.
It is more equivalent of a restaurant with a waiting list for seating.
jacca83 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Yeah, that's the standard procedure at Seattle. You'll know there's a line if you see people standing outside the door. I prefer to wait in a nearby gate area.
Originally Posted by radonc1
That is not my idea of a lounge.
It is more equivalent of a restaurant with a waiting list for seating.
Yeah. The weird thing about it is that while the lounge was crowded, it wasn't completely full. There were several empty seats at the counter against the wall when I was finally allowed in.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:19 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cmd320
I feel like this will be very difficult to accurately enforce. If I check in on a 4 hour connection are they really going to have someone walking around to kick me out at 3 hours? Seems tedious for the staff.
If they see that a boarding pass is for a flight say 6 hours later, they can make an issue out of it. Even if it’s not effectively enforced, it can and has been enforced before and can be more easily enforced as the cost of technology/equipment to track isn’t all that high and keeps falling.

Amex seems to be on a cost-cutting drive when it comes to lounge access of various sorts, and that is because it is on a cost-cutting drive. Partner lounge operators aren’t going to eat the costs, so some will become much more proactive in making sure they don’t end up eating the cost for Amex cut-backs in terms of lounge providers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.