Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge crowding (access limited to 3 hours before flight departure)

Centurion Lounge crowding (access limited to 3 hours before flight departure)

Hide Wikipost
Old May 27, 19, 12:45 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 11, 16, 2:37 pm

Programs: Mariott Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold
LAS lounge yesterday afternoon (was there around 12:30 local time) was completely packed. No seats anywhere for me or my wife - not even the big conference table at the end of the lounge. Lots of babies/toddlers who were screaming also.
Old Apr 11, 16, 5:57 pm

I just used the Studio lounge in Seattle today (international F out on AA via DFW but AA provides no lounge access in SEA as far as I can tell). I have used it with my family of 5 repeatedly and it's pretty much a family lounge when I've been in there, today being no exception. If you know Seattle corporate travel you wouldn't be surprised, and it's not a bad thing in my book (my kids aren't any better or worse than the other ones in here). I also don't care because I like seeing kids when I am out on business travel because I miss mine ;-) I like the F&B choices here too, there is always a healthy salad option. But no doubt, seats are not easy to come by most of the time.
Old Apr 12, 16, 6:38 pm

gonna be traveling between SFO and LAS in the next couple months, can anyone tell me what time the staff changes the food from breakfast/lunch and lunch dinner? is it something like 12pm for lunch and 6pm for dinner?
Old Apr 12, 16, 6:42 pm

If you look at the Centurion Lounge website, it'll tell you generally what menu is available when give or take a few. For example, at SFO it says breakfast is from 6-11A, the the lunch/dinner is from 11AM-10:45PM and at LAS it says breakfast is 6-11:30AM and lunch/dinner if from 11:30AM-10PM.

google is your friend...
Old Apr 12, 16, 11:06 pm
nrr

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by swirlsaepi View Post
LAS lounge yesterday afternoon (was there around 12:30 local time) was completely packed. No seats anywhere for me or my wife - not even the big conference table at the end of the lounge. Lots of babies/toddlers who were screaming also.
At 9:00 pm on Sunday, 4/10 the LAS lounge was NOT too crowded.
When I checked in, the agent noted that due to weather (earlier in the day) many flights were delayed/cancelled, this could account for over-crowding.
Old Apr 15, 16, 6:23 am

Programs: UA:1K & MM
Originally Posted by swirlsaepi View Post
I was in Vegas last week and dropped into the Centurion Lounge. It wasn't too crowded (around 9AM on a Friday) but nothing really special. I wandered down to the United Club and have to say it was much nicer.

(Thinking about it a bit more, those goofy boxed in seats at the Centurion Club were very uncomfortable. Not sure I'd want to spend more than a few minutes sitting in one of those anyway...)

I haven't really tried to A-B the two clubs before so I'm not sure how that plays out across the portfolio but I'm pretty sure I'll be in the United Club when flying out of LAS from now on.

FWIW
DLM

Last edited by dmunz; Apr 15, 16 at 6:26 am Reason: Add comment about the seating.
Old Apr 16, 16, 5:40 am
mia
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of using an American Express Platinum "credit" card for Centurion lounge access has been moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...edit-card.html
Old Apr 17, 16, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Not crowded this morning at SFO around 8 am. A few empty tables in the dining area.
Old Apr 17, 16, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Glob
Originally Posted by wesheltonj View Post
I would like to know, what some of you call crowded. I have been in only DFW and LAS and there has always been a place to sit. Some you must think that if anyone else is there other then yourself it's crowded. Get a life, it's an airport lounge.
In general, the DFW lounge is not as crowded. It could be that the terminals at DFW are separated and if you are flying out of A or C, you are unlikely to travel to D just for the lounge unless you have a long layover.

The MIA lounge is usually very crowded unless you are there early in the morning. The D terminal houses most AA flights and so people don't have to switch terminals like they need to at DFW.
Old Apr 17, 16, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by steveman518 View Post
If you look at the Centurion Lounge website, it'll tell you generally what menu is available when give or take a few. For example, at SFO it says breakfast is from 6-11A, the the lunch/dinner is from 11AM-10:45PM and at LAS it says breakfast is 6-11:30AM and lunch/dinner if from 11:30AM-10PM.

google is your friend...
From personal experience, not sure how well the lounges stick to the posted meal time. was at amex sfo last month shortly before 10pm and all thats out is hummus, some bread, and mixed veggies. last call for drinks is 30 min before closing.
Old Apr 17, 16, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by gsxsilver View Post
From personal experience, not sure how well the lounges stick to the posted meal time. was at amex sfo last month shortly before 10pm and all thats out is hummus, some bread, and mixed veggies. last call for drinks is 30 min before closing.
IME the hot food tends to last until around the posted times, and unless it runs out about 20 minutes to go it usually gets replaced. I've only been to SFO and LAS around closing time so YMMV
Old Apr 21, 16, 2:39 pm

Was in MIA this afternoon and it was busy but not over flowing. Though there was one group of women on either a Vegas or Caribbean trip that were quite loud, but it didn't really distract from my experience.

Last edited by mia; Apr 22, 16 at 12:36 pm Reason: Conform to FT rules
Old Apr 23, 16, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA PP, AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott LTPP, Avis President's Club
SFO lounge has no seating right now with a line to check in. One of three united clubs will have to do.
Old Apr 23, 16, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by JHake10 View Post
SFO lounge has no seating right now with a line to check in. One of three united clubs will have to do.
Saturday morning? I thought that's supposed to be a slow air travel time. Bummer.
Old Apr 23, 16, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Pretty crowded at SFO last night (Friday) around 6:30. All the tables were taken... just a few seats on the couches available. Not overcrowded but definitely right around capacity. And on the whole better than I expected for a prime business travel time.

Search this Thread