Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Old Feb 20, 2016, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I would be OK with a one guest limit. I suspect that mid week it's mostly singles and on weekend when there are fewer singles traveling for biz there are more couples and families. Tweaking the guest policy should solve some of these issues. The no guest policy in Delta lounges is annoying the one or two times a year I would use it and it's best not to annoy your customers.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 6:34 pm

Centurion Lounge crowding

I am a Vegas local and think the LAS lounge is worth the annual fee. Rarely crowded and the food is excellent. I moved from MIA where the overcrowding made it a giant pain in the butt.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Originally Posted by kaw753
I am a Vegas local and think the LAS lounge is worth the annual fee. Rarely crowded and the food is excellent. I moved from MIA where the overcrowding made it a giant pain in the butt.
Was there last week in early afternoon and took about 3-4 mins for a table to open up. Not the end of the world, busy but staff was hustling to keep grub on the plates.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Looks like they added a boat load of tables in the DFW location.. Lots of people, but enough tables.. Might be a little cramped, but at least there's table space.. At DFW, I usually sit at the bar, but it was exceptionally crowded this afternoon.. Grabbed a table.. They added tables roughly 15" apart.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:59 pm

DFW was empty this afternoon today. The food is getting crappier though. We basically had some crappy BBQ chicken, and asian noodles.

So, there isn't a whole lot of reason to stop here, unless you want some dried up BBQ chicken.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by factory81
DFW was empty this afternoon today. The food is getting crappier though. We basically had some crappy BBQ chicken, and asian noodles.

So, there isn't a whole lot of reason to stop here, unless you want some dried up BBQ chicken.
Food was decent when I was there last week. It wasn't either of those options though. There was a decently tasty gnocchi and some pork tenderloin dish which were pretty solid, among other things.

Of course the alcohol continues to drink pretty nicely as well, and the massage was also very good. Fantastic masseur.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 2:10 pm

They are going to have to try harder. The desserts were all empty, except the cookies.

I am seeing less and less value from the Platinum card, the longer I have it

Originally Posted by cmd320
Food was decent when I was there last week. It wasn't either of those options though. There was a decently tasty gnocchi and some pork tenderloin dish which were pretty solid, among other things.

Of course the alcohol continues to drink pretty nicely as well, and the massage was also very good. Fantastic masseur.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
They changed the menu last week.. The chicken as well as the salmon was too dry.. The noodles were actually done nicely..
Old Mar 5, 2016, 1:50 pm

Can't even find a seat in DFW with all the families and kids running around. Food options look all empty as well. No offense, but this place is quickly becoming a hole.

Last edited by mia; Mar 5, 2016 at 2:32 pm Reason: Remove vulgar term.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Can't even find a seat in DFW with all the families and kids running around. Food options look all empty as well. No offense, but this place is quickly becoming a hole.
MIA is pretty much the same thing.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by hiima
MIA is pretty much the same thing.
Even though the AA lounge in D at DFW was equally as crowded, it felt much more relaxing as they actually have enough seating and the chairs are not hard, upright chairs at dining tables, which is 75% of the DFW Centurion lounge. I'm seriously considering cancelling my Plat card as Centurion Lounge access was one of the main reasons I kept the card. There is no point in going in the clubs if it stresses me out due to overcrowding and there never being any food. The decent alcohol can only make up for so much...
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:19 pm

Once again, it really depends on when you are there.. I can only recall overcrowding twice at DFW and that was with over 50 visits... SFO definitely gets more crowded more often, but once again, I have still not seen the consistent overcrowding (maybe 4-5 times at SFO with 30+ visits).. I was in SFO from 3-6PM last Tuesday. Was very crowded at 3 (still found a seat), but weened out by 3:30.. Probably roughly 30-35 people at any given time in the lounge from 3:30-6:00..
Old Mar 7, 2016, 9:27 pm

DFW this last Sunday evening at 6:45-8pm was really empty. They had, at first, the BBQ chicken out. They eventually switched that out with the tenderloin.

I think there isn't a crowding issue, but that is me.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:39 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by nyc2socal
They changed the menu last week.. The chicken as well as the salmon was too dry.. The noodles were actually done nicely..
The salmon also was dry for my visit but the BBQ chicken was pretty good.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
SFO is so crowded right now. Can't even sit at the bar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.