Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:52 pm

And airline clubs have never been packed? Give me a break.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by TravelStar

The lounges were never built or intended to have the type of volume they're seeing. Most have reached capacity and are turning people away at peak times.
Have there been any reports of turning Cent's away? I would hope that Cent's are always given access, and then Platinum and day-pay guests limited based on capacity.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion
Good Question. Not sure how that works. While I have been at the SFO lounge three times, I've seen three scenarios. 1. Close to empty. 2. Full but manageable. 3. Standing Room only...reminded me of a college fraternity party! Although they continued to let all in.

The turn away scenarios have been reported on FT, though I haven't personally witnessed it.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:04 am

The day I was turned away from SFO they had someone stationed outside the entrance downstairs simply saying it's completely full.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:32 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
The day I was turned away from SFO they had someone stationed outside the entrance downstairs simply saying it's completely full.

Did they suggest any other lounges?

The other thing about SFO and many people looking young... is that it is SFO and many people making a ton of money are young...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:24 am

Pulling complimentary access for Platinums isn't a solution. It's a pipe dream. If Centurion members want a more exclusive lounge, their annual fee is going to need to be more than it is today to cover that.

If Platinums have to pay, you're going to start seeing more cancellations. There's almost nothing left of lounge access on the Platinum card as is. $450 a year for Delta clubs and Priority Pass Select, neither of which include any guests?

Jeez, and to think I'm on the fence right now about keeping my Platinum card + AU.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Pulling complimentary access for Platinums isn't a solution. It's a pipe dream. If Centurion members want a more exclusive lounge, their annual fee is going to need to be more than it is today to cover that.
Yeah, I mean Plats pay what, $8/week for their card?

These clubs should cut the guests of Plats immediately. LAS and DFW are a gong show a lot of the time.
How shocking. Well, other than most of us expecting it a year ago ...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ge-las-34.html
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
With all of the benefit cuts that the Cent card has seen over the last couple years, there is no way in hell that they can justify an increased fee.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say, Cent card holders probably won't get turned away if the lounge is full (nor should they).
Old Jan 26, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
That would be quite upsetting as I typically go through an additional TSA checkpoint in order to access this location.

Have you noticed a pattern (day of the week/time) for when the lounge is so full that they turn people away?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: Amex MR, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by RogerMurdock
That would be quite upsetting as I typically go through an additional TSA checkpoint in order to access this location.

Have you noticed a pattern (day of the week/time) for when the lounge is so full that they turn people away?
It's worth it to you to go through security an extra time to visit the SFO Centurion Lounge? (I assume you know that if you are flying on AS out of SFO you do not need to go through security to get to the Centurion Lounge.)
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by taliesin
It's worth it to you to go through security an extra time to visit the SFO Centurion Lounge? (I assume you know that if you are flying on AS out of SFO you do not need to go through security to get to the Centurion Lounge.)
Just to correct this, if you're flying AS out of SFO you do need to clear security an extra time. International Terminal Concourse A (where AS flies out of) and International Terminal Concourse G/Terminal 3-Concourse F (where the Centurion lounge is) are not connected airside.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by ffflllyyyeeerrr
I was at the DFW lounge a week ago and it was absolutely packed. We couldn't find seating with a table to eat our food, it was so crowded. They really need to figure something out to fix this issue, or I'll just drop my Platinum card and switch back to using airline clubs.
What time did you get there???!
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:15 pm

For those that have expressed concerns about over crowding, what time of day did you go to the lounge? Just curious...
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Never had an issue at DFW or LAS in the afternoon, evening or late nights. In fact, loved going to LAS before my redeye out of LAS.

As a platinum card holder, I would be canceling my card if it was not for the card access, even as I would use it 10 times a year, max.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by maksimfa
Never had an issue at DFW or LAS in the afternoon, evening or late nights. In fact, loved going to LAS before my redeye out of LAS.

As a platinum card holder, I would be canceling my card if it was not for the card access, even as I would use it 10 times a year, max.
Thanks!

I have a flight into DFW arriving at around 2:30pm and have 2 hours to use the facilities. Less crowding would be optimal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.