Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 5:17 pm

Programs: CO Silver, Avis First
Waitlist for entry

In SEA Centurion Lounge, I was put on a waitlist to enter (15-20 min wait) as a Platinum AMEX holder. They took my phone number and stated will text me once my spot is up for the queue. Just curious, have others experienced this? Any other Centurion lounges incorporating a queue system?
Old May 23, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pkfanatic
In SEA Centurion Lounge, I was put on a waitlist to enter (15-20 min wait) as a Platinum AMEX holder. They took my phone number and stated will text me once my spot is up for the queue. Just curious, have others experienced this? Any other Centurion lounges incorporating a queue system?
Yes. I have had that happen (see my post under the SEA Cent thread). Primary cardholder on a connecting flight.
polyesther likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by pkfanatic
Yes, this morning at Seattle. Was told 15 minutes, but was more like five.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. They should just hand out buzzers like at the Cheesecake Factory.
naswi and Flying Machine like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Centurion lounge for Centurion cardholders?

Has anyone had recent experiences? The crowding and time limits as bad for cent card holders as platinum cardholders?
Old May 27, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Has anyone had recent experiences? The crowding and time limits as bad for cent card holders as platinum cardholders?
I'm not a cent cardholder. However, with most spaces not having a dedicated centurion area (like HKG) you're just getting a table in a overcrowded room. I don't even go to the SFO location anymore.

It would be interesting to see what AMEX would do if Centurion members started complaining.
cuthroat likes this.

Last edited by JHake10; May 27, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Old May 27, 2019, 8:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
....The crowding and time limits as bad for cent card holders as platinum cardholders?
The access policies for Centurion cardholders are more liberal. The "3 hours before the departure time " rule -and- the exclusion of arriving passengers do not apply to Centurion cardholders.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Let's see what additional at-airport benefits Amex will restrict. Perhaps a crackdown against Priority Pass use to reduce Amex's costs arising from cardholders' use of such facilities? I ask this now because Amex has aimed at reducing the use of restaurant/bar use for its HKG-based Amex customers with Priority Pass from the Amex Platinum -- starting in August -- and done this so soon after changing lounge access rules for Centurion-branded facilities at airports.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
........ Amex has aimed at reducing the use of restaurant/bar use ...
Discussion here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...staurants.html
Old May 28, 2019, 9:49 am

While I don’t love doing it, pulling out the Centurion card has universally had me skipping the queue (in LAS, PHL, DFW and SEA). There isn’t always available reserved seating but there usually are seating areas ostensibly reserved. That said, I can count on a single hand the number of times that the lounge staff has actually confirmed my Centurion card status when I take the “reserved” tables.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
While I don’t love doing it, pulling out the Centurion card has universally had me skipping the queue (in LAS, PHL, DFW and SEA). There isn’t always available reserved seating but there usually are seating areas ostensibly reserved. That said, I can count on a single hand the number of times that the lounge staff has actually confirmed my Centurion card status when I take the “reserved” tables.
good to hear, thanks
Old May 28, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
At the SFO lounge, there have been occasions where all reserved seats are taken, and not always with Centurion members. Matter of fact, on several occasions, I've seen people sit (just place the reserved sign to the side) and/or ask staff if they can sit, which staff obliges (at leas the few times I've witnessed it). Not sure if it's changed, since I haven't been to the SFO lounge in quite some time, but, the SFO lounge simply doesn't enforce or police the reserve seating concept.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
DFW an absolute zoo today. Way overcrowded, messy, and loud. I walked in and back out.

AMEX has to get this under control- perhaps cut access to AUs or limit access to 10x per year unless spend exceeds a certain threshold.

I sent in a poor survey and contacted AMEX. Ended up going to the D AAdmirals Club- way nicer and less crowded.
kennycrudup likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
AMEX has to get this under control- perhaps cut access to AUs or limit access to 10x per year unless spend exceeds a certain threshold.

I sent in a poor survey and contacted AMEX. Ended up going to the D AAdmirals Club- way nicer and less crowded.
100% agreed on AU's and access based on spend. 100%

Also agreed the Admirals Club/Flagship Lounge is AWESOME. Thankfully we have choices!
IndyHoosier and SeaHawg like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Pro;Ritz Carlton Ambassador;Hilton Silver: SPG Gold
I guess the 3 hour limit and no longer admitting arriving passengers isn't working ( I didn't think it would). Perhaps increase the AF?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.