Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Tbh depending on the time LGA Centurion can be a zoo and not exactly ideal for an important business meeting.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:16 pm

One of the factors at play when I was in a supremely overcrowded lounge in LAS is that two flights had several hour delays. That is just luck of the draw....
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jimcoddington
Are the AmEx Centurion lounges enforcing there new rule by not allowing passengers who arrive at there final destination not to access the AmEx Centurion lounges? I am scheduled to meet with a client when I arrive into my final destination at LGA, my client is flying out of LGA, and we agreed to meet at the LGA AmEx Centurion lounge, I just hope the AmEx Centurion lounges are not enforcing this new rule. We will see.
As someone else said, you'll need to be guested in, as they're requesting and checking departing boarding passes at all Centurion lounges now. Not sure if LGA had a problem with people flying in, using it for meetings, and then flying out the same day (since it's landside), but I heard the lady tell someone they actually had to be departing within 3 hours or be on an actual layover as opposed to a stopover. Sounds like, if a person flies in from Boston at 10:00 am and is flying back to Boston at 6:00 pm that same day, they won't let the person in until 3:00 pm.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:32 pm

They are enforcing it as I was just there two weeks ago. Just buy a WN refundable ticket.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by windymindy
They are enforcing it as I was just there two weeks ago. Just buy a WN refundable ticket.
This is why we can't have nice things.
Steve M, SP03, levilevi and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:17 am

Right, in Airports with a huge WN presence, the 3 hour limit does nothing, except punish those playing by the Marquise of Queensberry rules. They should limit the guest crap, especially the random invite to strangers at the Airport.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Do people actually do this to enter an already crowded lounge with limited seating?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Do people actually do this to enter an already crowded lounge with limited seating?
Yep. I know of a co-worker that had a ~9hr layover in MIA, already had the WN electronic BP in hand before he departed for MIA. Once he was in I believe he changed his WN travel to some other flight he actually did need on WN. Stayed in there about 8 hrs or so...once you're in, you're in. They don't check to see if you've left.

While I don't necessarily agree with this its just a creative way to use multiple loopholes to your advantage.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gmt4
Yep. I know of a co-worker that had a ~9hr layover in MIA, already had the WN electronic BP in hand before he departed for MIA. Once he was in I believe he changed his WN travel to some other flight he actually did need on WN. Stayed in there about 8 hrs or so...once you're in, you're in. They don't check to see if you've left.

While I don't necessarily agree with this its just a creative way to use multiple loopholes to your advantage.
It's not "creative," it's abusive, of both WN and Amex.
Steve M, Statman and Visconti like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:16 am

I'm not exactly an expert on Airline T&C, but, I suspect that purchasing and check into a flight without ever having the intention of actually flying it violates even WN's refund/flight change conditions. I've noticed some of the Amex Lounge dragons (no idea whom Amex is contracting) ask for the dates of the WN mobile boarding pass. Are they completely unaware of WN's refund policy, especially with points?

Don't waste time by asking someone to show the date on their boarding pass, which only accomplishes cause others waiting in line to, er, wait even longer. Either let WNs in or exclude them.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Right, nothing creative about it. A 3 year child could figure this out.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)

Originally Posted by joe_miami
Especially since the 3 hour rule doesn’t apply to layovers.

Or was the co-workers’ “layover” really a one day trip to MIA? Think of the wasted time if Centurion Lounge deal must start determining what is a valid layover. International to Domestic... 9 hours okay? Domestic to Domestic...limited to 4 hours unless evidence of IRROPS provided?

Limit guests and/or authorized users which is much more straightforward to control.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Segments

Especially since the 3 hour rule doesn’t apply to layovers.

Or was the co-workers’ “layover” really a one day trip to MIA? Think of the wasted time if Centurion Lounge deal must start determining what is a valid layover. International to Domestic... 9 hours okay? Domestic to Domestic...limited to 4 hours unless evidence of IRROPS provided?

Limit guests and/or authorized users which is much more straightforward to control.
Or, exclude some carriers, don't really care which, only that they limit the crowding. The entire concept of an airport club lounge is to offer some peace & tranquility, a respite from the chaos of the main terminal, not be thrusted into something potentially even worse.

The meteoric downward spiral on some of these domestic Cent lounges have been disappointing. I can't ever recall ever taking the effort to write Amex to complain/whine about something, but I have with this issue.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR

Wait, are you positive that they did this in MIA? WN doesn't even fly there so if they managed to get to the MIA lounge with a WN boarding pass then they really turned the creative loopholes up to 11.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by alggag
Wait, are you positive that they did this in MIA? WN doesn't even fly there so if they managed to get to the MIA lounge with a WN boarding pass then they really turned the creative loopholes up to 11.
I agree it sounds a made-up story. Anyway, I doubt anyone would actually go through the hassle of buy/cancelling a refundable ticket so that s/he can get into a lounge 30 minutes earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.