Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by AAerSTL
...September 2013 ...
Start reading at post 39 of of this thread, October 1, 2013, and I think you will see that American Express already knew that AA was not renewing the contract because they started to remove references from their promotional material.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21536324-post39.html

Official announcement is made around December 1st.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Again, simple solution. If the person who's paged to leave doesn't volunteer themself, then that person's card is flagged and all future lounge privileges are revoked.
Good idea, but there are some problems here. What if the "offender" snuck out when no one was looking, and wasn't even in the lounge at all?

IMHO, a better idea would be to look the person up on social media, find their picture, then hire ex-TSA agents to track them down, throw the offender on the ground, put a foot on the side of their face and have another ex-TSA'er drag the criminal out by their feet, face down. The whole time one of the officers should be shouting "out of the way, dangerous criminal coming through". That would be much, much more efficient.

Also instead of kicking out the Plat who has been there the longest, run some quick credit reports and kick out the Plat with the lowest income.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:30 am
mia

Originally Posted by Soccerdad1995
Also instead of kicking out the Plat who has been there the longest
I think Member Since date is the best measure of loyalty, and those who have held American Express cards longer should be permitted to stay .
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:48 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Announcement of eviction by lottery. Once found, member to be flogged outside the entrance.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:09 am

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
centurion lounges w/ free food are so much nicer than standard airline club lounges. I hope they keep this concept going forward and don't revert to smaller lounges w/out food like the one planned for SEA.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by safra1
centurion lounges w/ free food are so much nicer than standard airline club lounges. I hope they keep this concept going forward and don't revert to smaller lounges w/out food like the one planned for SEA.
Sadly, I think this is the idea behind the "Centurion Studio" in which more smaller lounges would be utilized to save operating costs. Quantity over quality.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
Originally Posted by steve4
Sadly, I think this is the idea behind the "Centurion Studio" in which more smaller lounges would be utilized to save operating costs. Quantity over quality.
Hopefully this won't be the norm.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:35 am

Are any other Centurion Studios planned that we know about?
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:21 am
mia

Originally Posted by safra1
Are any other Centurion Studios planned that we know about?
No further Lounges or Studios have been announced other than Miami and Seattle.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:27 pm

I frequented the Dallas club multiple times, and the LAS club over around a dozen times. Never once would I call it too busy to enjoy myself. Popular? Yes.

One day I went to the Centurion Lounge, i stopped at one of the other clubs in DFW the Priority Pass Select granted access; and I was denied entry due to overcrowding at that club.

Don't know what to say to you folks. All Centurion lounges are small compared to the massive clubs AA/US has.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by factory81
I frequented the Dallas club multiple times, and the LAS club over around a dozen times. Never once would I call it too busy to enjoy myself. Popular? Yes.

One day I went to the Centurion Lounge, i stopped at one of the other clubs in DFW the Priority Pass Select granted access; and I was denied entry due to overcrowding at that club.

Don't know what to say to you folks. All Centurion lounges are small compared to the massive clubs AA/US has.
I can't speak for LAS, but for DFW there's definitely certain peak hours where a lot of people come by, then the rest of the day can seem pretty empty.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:53 am

More often than not, LAS is actually pretty empty...

Unless there is weather or a conference.

Originally Posted by nall
I can't speak for LAS, but for DFW there's definitely certain peak hours where a lot of people come by, then the rest of the day can seem pretty empty.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WheelsFirst
I would propose either no guests, a limited number of guests per year, discounted guest pricing, or restricting guests to those on the same flight as the cardmember. Cent would still have guests because they pay a much higher AF.
yeah, limiting guests is definitely something that needs to happen. I don't see how they can maintain the clubs with each member bringing in 2 guests.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
yeah, limiting guests is definitely something that needs to happen. I don't see how they can maintain the clubs with each member bringing in 2 guests.
I agree they will inevitably need to limit guests, but Amex really needs to find ways to improve upon the benefits of the Platinum card (and not just keep removing benefits). They need to sign new contracts w/ their partners that bring loyal cardmembers more value. Hoping they announce something to this effect in the coming weeks or months.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 3:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Soccerdad1995
Good idea, but there are some problems here. What if the "offender" snuck out when no one was looking, and wasn't even in the lounge at all?
How would the card have been signed in if not for the person in question being in the lounge? Also, they can't sneak out if they need to return the pager given to them at check-in (Giving everyone a pager is my idea. When your pager beeps, time to leave. If you don't leave within 10 minutes, all future lounge privileges are revoked). Once pager is returned, that person is checked out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.