Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by alggag
I'm a little surprised PHL didn't get hit with the 2 hour rule. I've only been there once but it was absolutely packed and overcrowding seems to be a pretty common problem there from what I've read.
Is it ever... Showed up last Friday afternoon and not a single place to sit, bartenders overwhelmed, buffet destroyed. Was back through on Sunday afternoon and at least a couple of spots to sit, didn't last long till they were all taken. Food/Drink was in better shape at least.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Well, this thread is about 2.5 years old with greater than 1,300 replies. I'm not really sure what else can be said other than, it's likely to not get better and in fact its probably going to get worse.

Regards
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Just attempted to visit and was turned away because I was arriving. Never has been an issue before, as the wiki shows. The place seemed especially crowded. They have a problem.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by sfolawyer
Just attempted to visit and was turned away because I was arriving. Never has been an issue before, as the wiki shows. The place seemed especially crowded. They have a problem.
SFO?

I was at HKG yesterday morning and it wasn't even 1/2 full. Not a universal problem, IMO.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
SFO?
Yes indeed. Sorry, I meant to post this In the thread specifically about the SFO location. I had both threads open on my phone and did this in the cab!

Last edited by sfolawyer; Sep 14, 2018 at 10:22 pm
Old Sep 17, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
SFO?

I was at HKG yesterday morning and it wasn't even 1/2 full. Not a universal problem, IMO.
Because HKG has even nicer lounges. I'd imagine many Plat and esp Cent cardholders are flying business or first class and have access to alternatives to the amex lounge.

In the US on the other hand, there's really no comparison to the amex lounge
dw likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SP03
Because HKG has even nicer lounges. I'd imagine many Plat and esp Cent cardholders are flying business or first class and have access to alternatives to the amex lounge.

In the US on the other hand, there's really no comparison to the amex lounge
I had access to the United Club while flying ANA business class that day and chose the AMEX lounge. The last time I was in the UA club it was jam packed, few-to-no seats available, and the wifi was awful. I'll take the AMEX lounge over that experience any time.

Last edited by Diplomatico; Sep 18, 2018 at 7:08 am
Old Sep 26, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Business Traveler reporting that AMEX plans to roll out a feature where you can book lounge time via the app.

McKay said new technology rolling out over the next few months will enable card members to book lounge visits with the Amex app and allow the company to manage lounge demand in real time.
https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...bership-grows/
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by JHake10
Business Traveler reporting that AMEX plans to roll out a feature where you can book lounge time via the app.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...bership-grows/
How in the world is this going to work?

1. "sorry Mr Smith, you need to pack up and leave the lounge, we have 40 reservations arriving in the next 15 minutes"

or

2, "sorry Mr Smith, you cannot enter the lounge, it is already reserved full"
JHake10 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:43 pm

I would assume they wouldn’t reserve to the full capacity. Perhaps they will combine this with a limit on number of guaranteed reservations each card member can make. This way you can decide which trips you want to use your number of lounge visits. They can always admit more on a First come first serve basis if there’s additional capacity, like early mornings or late evenings.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Correct, the same system as already used by lounges which offer paid pre-booking or contract with airlines to accept premium cabin customers.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen

“but did you know that you can make a reservation for your next visit?”
Old Oct 4, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Various
Not sure I think the reservation in advance is a good thing for a concept like that - reminds me of the utter chaos that I see at Disney now that they opened FastPass up way in advance.

Wonder how they will handle Centurion customers and the reserved tables - hope they leave those alone.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SP03
That's too bad. I hope this restriction doesn't become the norm.
It pretty much already is becoming the norm

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...e-to-crowding/

Regards
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW, I'm kind of wishing it were easier to share that Citi AA credit card that gives up to 10 people (and their guests) AA lounge access. The problem is that all your "additional card members" get an active credit card they could use. It would take a lot of trust to share it! It doesn't make sense for me to buy AA lounge membership when I can usually get into these Centurion Lounges or Priority Pass lounges.

Last edited by mia; Oct 9, 2018 at 2:59 pm Reason: Post split into two sections in separate threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.