Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dhuey
Saturday morning? I thought that's supposed to be a slow air travel time. Bummer.
Agreed. Strange time for it to be crowded barring some sort of weather delay or massive UA computer issue.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by cmd320
Agreed. Strange time for it to be crowded barring some sort of weather delay or massive UA computer issue.
Maybe a big conference in the area ended the night before. I recall earlier this year with the Super Bowl that we get about 6-7 influxes per year of comparable scale to what we had with the Super Bowl.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Saturday morning? I thought that's supposed to be a slow air travel time. Bummer.
Yep, it was Saturday morning around 11 AM PDT. The UA clubs were pretty empty as they are heavily skewed towards business travel. I feel more lesiure travelers happen to have platinum cards.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
SFO was really crowded last Friday. Granted it was Friday afternoon at about 4ish... maybe that was it. Barely anywhere to sit and the bar line was the longest I've ever seen it. Granted it didn't help that everyone was ordering custom cocktails.
Old May 6, 2016, 3:12 pm

Here now (Friday 2pm) at SFO. Many delays due to rain. Not too crowded. A few empty tables.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:04 am
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Was at SFO two weeks ago (forgot to post) on a Tuesday from about 10AM-2PM. Many seats to choose from the whole time I was there, and I had one of those chaise lounges/sleep chairs in the middle/back of the club, and could have pretty much sat anywhere else.

Food was awesome, as always--got to experience breakfast and lunch. Still classify the french toast as the best I've had anywhere. Also found the iced tea which I'd never seen before--really appreciate that.
Old May 9, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sitting in the SFO lounge right now, and it's a major cluster. No place to sit, going on a 90 minute wait for the shower, and just an overall miserable experience.

Coming off my flight from NRT, I should have just gone to the UA Arrivals Lounge to shower and clean up and poked in here for a few minutes before boarding - now I get to fly my connection all dirty and crappy from my TPAC flight

Bottom line, I don't think I'll be back here.
Old May 13, 2016, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Coming off my flight from NRT, I should have just gone to the UA Arrivals Lounge to shower and clean up and poked in here for a few minutes before boarding - now I get to fly my connection all dirty and crappy from my TPAC flight

Even if the Centurion Lounge hadn't been crowded, I think UA Arrivals would have been the better choice in your intercon circumstances.
Old May 13, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Centurion Lounge SFO; Thursday, May 12, 2016; 9:45AM-10:30AM: I would estimate the lounge was about 60%-70% full. I was able to easily find a seat in my favorite area of the lounge. I overheard one of the other guests in the lounge calling someone on her cell phone and stating her flight had been delayed, so there were probably slightly more people in the lounge than usual due to flight delays. (But there will inevitably always be some sort of flight delays going on, so that must be accommodated for by airport lounges.)

I stopped in briefly to grab some food before my on-time flight. I prefer the normal french toast to the "fancy" french toast squares with apple on top they were serving Thursday morning. The scrambled eggs with tomatoes and the sausage links were very good for this hungry person that morning. The fruit was adequate, but nothing special. The egg frittata wasn't bad, but I didn't like the goat cheese inside. Unfortunately, there were no desserts out during the short time I was there.

FYI for anyone who is wondering: I timed myself from the Centurion Lounge in Terminal 3 to the my gate in Terminal 2. The entire process took me eight minutes (five minutes to walk from the lounge in Terminal 3 to security at Terminal 2, and three minutes to get through TSA Pre-Check and walk to my gate). My normal walking pace is faster than most, though, so keep that in mind if you are planning to get from the lounge to Terminal 2.
Old May 15, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Sitting in the SFO lounge right now, and it's a major cluster. No place to sit, going on a 90 minute wait for the shower, and just an overall miserable experience.

Even if the Centurion Lounge hadn't been crowded, I think UA Arrivals would have been the better choice in your intercon circumstances.
Completely agree: there's only one shower in the SFO Centurion Lounge, versus many, many more at the UA SFO Arrivals Lounge. Similar situation at MIA and DFW if I have an onward AA connection (since there aren't AA arrivals lounges there). I will always get cleaned up at the lounge that has the largest number of showers and only then make my way to the Centurion. Why put yourself into a situation where you're in a time crunch for a single contested resource?
Old May 15, 2016, 6:27 pm

SEA is packed right now-there's a short waiting list at times, though they are handing out $10 starbucks gift cards if you do get placed on the wait list. Also, first time seeing the reserved signs for Centurion cardholders out at SEA. Oddly enough there's yet to be a wait for the restrooms.
Old May 15, 2016, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
I will always get cleaned up at the lounge that has the largest number of showers and only then make my way to the Centurion. Why put yourself into a situation where you're in a time crunch for a single contested resource?
I've come to realize how revitalizing a private bathroom and shower can be after a >10 hour flight, and before a shorter connecting flight. Get the old clothes off, shower, take your time, dry off, fresh clothes. Such a simple routine, but I'm so much happier after I do it.
Old May 16, 2016, 12:29 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I can't imagine how much worse it might get with all the new Plat cardholders that took advantage of the 100K offer.
Old May 16, 2016, 1:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by steveman518
SEA is packed right now-there's a short waiting list at times, though they are handing out $10 starbucks gift cards if you do get placed on the wait list. Also, first time seeing the reserved signs for Centurion cardholders out at SEA. Oddly enough there's yet to be a wait for the restrooms.
I've seen those the last two weeks.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
I was in a very crowded MIA lounge last week. I had to wait 10 minutes to seat. When I entered they were announcing a bunch of AA flights "ready to boarding", so I asked the attendant if now they announce boarding, which I found unusual. He admitted they do this when the lounge is very crowded, hoping that some people will anticipate leaving, hearing their flight announced. It did not seem to work, for what I have experienced...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.