Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Boraxo
This thread is for discussion of lounges accessed by presenting the Centurion or Platinum Card.

Click HERE for discussion of the separate Priority Pass benefit.

All American Express Centurion and Platinum charge cards issued worldwide provide access to:
  • Delta SkyClubs when flying DL.
  • Airspace lounges when flying any airline. Current location: SAN.
  • US Escape Lounges when flying any airline. Current locations: BDL, GSP, MSP, OAK, ONT, PBI, PHX, PVD, RNO, SMF. (N.B. UK locations are accessible via Priority Pass.)
  • Most Plaza Premium lounges; Plaza Premium First lounges seem to be excluded.
  • AMEX Centurion Lounges when flying any airline. (Please do not use this thread to post about individual Centurion clubs. Use the dedicated thread for each location.)

Current Centurion Lounges:
  • DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
  • DEN Denver (2021)
  • HKG Hong Kong (2017)
  • IAH Houston (2016)
  • LAS Las Vegas (2013)
  • MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
  • LGA New York, La Guardia (2014)
  • PHL Philadelphia (2017)
  • PHX Phoenix (2020)
  • SFO San Francisco (2014)
  • SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

These additional locations are announced, but not yet open:
  • CLT Charlotte
  • LHR London, Heathrow
  • LAX Los Angeles----open now in TBIT
  • JFK New York, Kennedy---open now in T4

Current international locations: CGH, EZE, HKG, GDL, GIG, GRU, MEX, MTY

Cards issued in USA also include:
  • Priority Pass Select which includes most AS lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but no AA, DL or UA lounges. AS lounges exclude Priority Pass at peak periods.
  • $200 Airline Fee Credit which can be used to partially reimburse the cost of an AA, AS, DL or UA club membership.

Cards issued outside the USA include:
  • Priority Pass.
  • Access to other lounges or networks which vary by country.

Airspace lounge access includes spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, at no cost.
DL no longer accepts guests at no charge. Discussion here: Delta Skyclub-- no more free guest
Priority Pass access includes the cardholder plus two guests. Additional guests are $27 each per visit.
Escape lounges will admit AU cardholders who are minors traveling solo. Amex and DL explicitly prohibit minors from entering without adults, but YMMV.

Access to select Lufthansa Lounges When Flying Lufthansa: There does not seem to be a page announcing this, but if you go to the Lounge Finder here: https://www.americanexpress.com/idc/...llection.html/ and enter a German airoport (I know that FRA and MIC works) you get the listing. It basically bumps you up one lounge - so if you are travelling coach, you get access to the Business Class Lounge, if you are flying Business Class, you get the First Class (Senator) Lounge.

Print Wikipost

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:27 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Centurion® Members and Platinum Card® Members who receive complimentary access may enter with either up to two guests or immediate family (spouse or domestic partner, and children under 18) at no additional charge. Guest or family access is per Card Member, not per Card. Family and guests may not enter or remain in the lounge unless accompanied in the lounge by the Card Member.
http://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:32 pm

oh..no go then.
Thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Newbie here considering an AA (EDIT: I meant Amex) Plt card. Are they usable as arrival lounges, or only departure?

I'm looking to fly into SYD and would love a shower and a breakfast before leaving the airport.

Last edited by Gig103; Jan 27, 2017 at 10:31 pm Reason: Wrong program
Old Jan 18, 2017, 12:54 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Gig103
Newbie here considering an AA Plt card. Are they usable as arrival lounges, or only departure?

I'm looking to fly into SYD and would love a shower and a breakfast before leaving the airport.
I assume you mean an American Express Platinum card, not an American Airlines Platinum card?

Regardless it doesn't matter -- there are no arrival lounges of any sort for any passengers at SYD (assuming you are flying in internationally). I believe there may be some pay-in showers you can use but no way to get free access to them.

In general, with the Amex Platinum card, if you can gain access to the lounge you want, you can usually use it on arrival -- but at most airports for international arrivals you can't gain access to the lounge upon arrival since you usually have to go straight through customs and out to the public areas.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
There are free showers in intl arrivals at SYD, but you must bring your own towel & soap
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by bgriff
I assume you mean an American Express Platinum card, not an American Airlines Platinum card?

Regardless it doesn't matter -- there are no arrival lounges of any sort for any passengers at SYD (assuming you are flying in internationally). I believe there may be some pay-in showers you can use but no way to get free access to them.

In general, with the Amex Platinum card, if you can gain access to the lounge you want, you can usually use it on arrival -- but at most airports for international arrivals you can't gain access to the lounge upon arrival since you usually have to go straight through customs and out to the public areas.
Yes, Amex Platinum. Thanks for clarifying, I didn't think about the fact that I'd be exiting customs and not staying in airside.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Is arrival access policy the same for Delta SC? Domestic delta flight, plat amex - will I get into the SC at my destination? (As far as I can tell it's possible, I just want to make sure I've not missed some hidden term or other loophole.)
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:02 am
mia

Originally Posted by televisor
Domestic delta flight, plat amex - will I get into the SC at my destination?
Yes
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:06 pm

Got AMEX Platinum and Priority Pass for wife and I. in a couple weeks were flying Southwest ATL-BOS (companion pass) and then Delta BOS-LHR later same day, 5 hour layover. Will we be able to show our Delta BOS-LHR boarding passes in ATL to gain access to Sky Clubs in ATL that day before our Southwest flight?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:47 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Got AMEX Platinum and Priority Pass for wife and I. in a couple weeks were flying Southwest ATL-BOS (companion pass) and then Delta BOS-LHR later same day, 5 hour layover. Will we be able to show our Delta BOS-LHR boarding passes in ATL to gain access to Sky Clubs in ATL that day before our Southwest flight?
I suspect not. But there is a Priority Pass lounge in ATL concourse F you could use.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 9:50 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Thanks. Next question, wife is an authorized user with Platinum card, so I assumed I'd be able to sign her up for Priority Pass (as AUs get all the same Platinum benefits?) but Priority Pass isn't listed under the benefits on her online account?
It should be possible ... my husband is an AU on my account and he has PP through Amex Platinum. Could try calling Amex?
Old Feb 27, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I think you should have access at ATL

Hi dmbolp,

I actually think you will have access to the ATL SC with your BOS-LHR Delta boarding pass and Amex Plat. The reason I think it'll work is that you have to have a "same-day boarding pass" which BOS-LHR does satisfy. I have been able to access the SkyClubs in different scenarios that are somewhat similar:

HOU-ATL-EWR (was able to get in the EWR SkyClub with the HOU-ATL boarding pass, since I misplaced my ATL-EWR boarding pass).. agent didn't care (I was struggling to find the ATL-EWR boarding pass), she said, oh, HOU-ATL is fine, that's a same day boarding pass... scanned it, swiped my Amex Plat and was ok

other scenario:
LGA-MSP (on Delta), MSP-DFW (on American). I accessed the MSP SkyClub ok with my LGA-MSP boarding pass even though I was going on to DFW with AA.

I think as long as it's a same day boarding pass on Delta, you should be good with your Amex Platinum. But as bgriff mentioned, you have the 1 PP lounge at ATL (The Club at ATL) as a backup option if Delta refuses entry with the same day BOS-LHR boarding pass.

Last edited by HankAAFlyer; Feb 27, 2017 at 10:10 am
Old Feb 28, 2017, 7:10 pm
mia

Side discussion about activating Priority Pass for supplementary cardholders moved:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html
Old May 15, 2017, 3:57 pm
mia

Discussion of new Escape Lounge access is here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...k-bdl-msp.html
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:10 am

For DL lounge access privileges--does a VS-marketed/ticketed DL-operated flight count as eligible or does the flight have to be DL marketed/op/ticketed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.