Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
To review offers discussed during 2013 and 2014, click HERE.
Print Wikipost

Tracking Amex promotions UK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by tangey
Received my supp card the other day. Haven't had any points for it yet. I have fired off a secure email. I suspect I'll get the "90 day" thing too, but worth a go.
my suspicion was correct.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by tangey
my suspicion was correct.
Annoying, because I want to cancel the supp card, upgrade to platinum, get 5 supp cards (50K MR) and decide whether paying the fee is worth keeping the card long enough to spend £1k on it (15K MR), which I suspect it will be...all before the end of Feb
Old Jan 16, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond,
My platinum account is showing a promotion of £100 credit on a £300 online amex travel purchase on flights, hotel or car hire in the scrolling adverts towards the right of the screen. I have registered successfully it but when I tried other cards it says "Unfortunately this campaign is by invitation only" so it looks as though it is targeted at Plats. Looking at the URL it may be unique to accounts and contains "Platenroll" so I am not going to post the link. Book by 26th Feb.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
flyoff, it's not showing up on my plat account - would you mind sharing the link?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by wmaciej
flyoff, it's not showing up on my plat account - would you mind sharing the link?
I just tried registering on my wife's supplementary card and this has registered Ok. wmaciej will go against my initial concern to try and help. The offer is limited to 6600 registrations.

The link is:

Amex Plat £100 off £300

Last edited by flyoff; Jan 17, 2015 at 1:18 am Reason: Corrected ipad spelling autocorrect
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by flyoff
I just tried registering on my wife's supplementary card and this has registered Ok. Smacked I will go against my initial concern to try and help. The offer is limited to 6600 registrations.

The link is:

Amex Plat £100 off £300
many thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:31 am

I'd very much like to take advantage of this £100 rebate. Anyone have a list of airlines that are bookable with amex travel?? Most of my LH travel is redemptions, so id be most interested in ryanair, easyjet, monarch, etc.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
I'm fairly sure none of them as I was looking for Easyjet and Ryanair flights a while ago for a previous offer. The rebate is for online bookings so give it a go and see how you get on.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by louie-m
I'm fairly sure none of them as I was looking for Easyjet and Ryanair flights a while ago for a previous offer. The rebate is for online bookings so give it a go and see how you get on.
easyJet is now available through the GDS so should come up - they are on Expedia now for example. Whether the cheapest tickets are there is a different question.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Le Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Raffles
easyJet is now available through the GDS so should come up - they are on Expedia now for example. Whether the cheapest tickets are there is a different question.
I've successfully asked them to add an airline previously! The circumstances were a little different though: Air Transat (Canada-UK 'value' airline) flights were appearing on the US version of Amex Travel but not UK. I dropped them a message and within 24 hours Air Transat flights were searchable on UK Amex Travel.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Only one datapoint but when looking recently for cheap return tickets to London, shorthaul economy, AMEX was more expensive than BA.com even taking the £100 into account. Make sure you check the price elsewhere too.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Anyone still waiting for the £50 cashback for £150 Amex Travel spend?

Any idea how long it takes, the spend hit my Lloyds card end of December, even though purchase was at start of December?

Also, I did not receive the £10 cardmember offer for a Ryanair spend back in September on my Lloyds Amex. Anyone know if Lloyds are any good if chased on these offers? I am thinking given the timeframe and the fact I used my Lloyds card, it might be more effort than it is worth.. Must remember use Amex issued cards in future for these offers...

Well I phoned Lloyds and the agent was not very helpful. He claimed these offers would be for Amex issued cards only and could not see any promo on my account. Who do I contact to sort this out?

Update: I found this contact form which has an option to contact Amex for missing statement credits including on Lloyds, TSB and MBNA cards. Should do the trick for Amex Travel promo at least: https://sync.americanexpress.co.uk/T...ustomerService

Last edited by Enigma368; Jan 19, 2015 at 11:22 am
Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:20 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by price123
Only one datapoint but when looking recently for cheap return tickets to London, shorthaul economy, AMEX was more expensive than BA.com even taking the £100 into account. Make sure you check the price elsewhere too.
Same here today, with Lufthansa flights. AMEX Travel was 120 GBP more expensive than booking onto the the LH website.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:12 am

Well, I phoned up earlier today to cancel a supplementary Gold card in anticipation of upgrading to Platinum and made the comment that the 5K MR bonus for setting up that Gold hadn’t yet been issued. The agent looked through the T&Cs, said that I would receive the bonus, put a note on the account saying she’d told me they would be issued…now, having checked my MR account, the points have been issued in the past hour or so, along with a referral bonus I’d been waiting on! Not a bad day

As an aside, once I upgrade to Platinum, can I still refer people for a Gold card? Also, can people confirm that supplementary cards are sent to the main address? I've only ever had supplementary cards for someone at the same address.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat - Ambassador Managed, VS Gold, Krisflyer Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by flyoff
My platinum account is showing a promotion of £100 credit on a £300 online amex travel purchase on flights, hotel or car hire in the scrolling adverts towards the right of the screen. I have registered successfully it but when I tried other cards it says "Unfortunately this campaign is by invitation only" so it looks as though it is targeted at Plats. Looking at the URL it may be unique to accounts and contains "Platenroll" so I am not going to post the link. Book by 26th Feb.
I have a similar offer on my Cent account, except it's £200 credit on £400 purchase and above on flights, hotel or car hire.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.