Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, AMEX Plat (Marriott Gold), AMEX Hilton Aspire (Hilton Diamond)
Originally Posted by Gig103
Value is usually personal and subjective. In Vegas, the early check-in and late checkout are pretty valuable (Mandalay Bay wands $50 for a 1pm check out on a normal booking), but not if you're flying in at 6pm and flying out at 10am. Will someone in your party use the $100 spa credit? Would you skip breakfast otherwise or eat a cheaper meal?
Thanks! We won't be able to enjoy the early check in and late checkout b/c flight times. Spa credit isn't that useful to us. The benefits that we really need is the upgrade and breakfast
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by dpy940307
Thanks! We won't be able to enjoy the early check in and late checkout b/c flight times. Spa credit isn't that useful to us. The benefits that we really need is the upgrade and breakfast
If you have a suitable Chase card, you may be able to find a better deal in Vegas with their Leading Hotels (Luxury Hotels and Resorts Collection) program. At least I did.

tobikosan and akr1970akr like this.

Last edited by 747FC; Apr 18, 2019 at 1:17 am Reason: added info.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:26 pm

delete
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
is it just me... ?
First reported HERE , in October.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by mia
First reported HERE , in October.
thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I have to say that with the move to spa credits only across LV and the inability to reserve several hotels online, I've started booking through mlife instead. Room rate savings for my lowest-level membership status outweigh the breakfast benefit and what's effectively 50% off a massage (and the Mandarin Waldorf and 4 Seasons rarely give good upgrades).
tobikosan and akr1970akr like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: Lifetime Levels in AA & Marriott
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I have to say that with the move to spa credits only across LV and .....
This, and the fact that I can only seem to book and prepay the stay on AMEX FHR, after years of only having to pay for the first night in advance, has really turned me off using this service.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:51 am

Breakfast credit at Bellagio

Bellagio $30 x2 breakfast credit: Does anyone know if this is a general dining credit that can be used at all times of day? Also do you actually get $60 a day if you are flying solo? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
I have to say that with the move to spa credits only across LV and the inability to reserve several hotels online, I've started booking through mlife instead. Room rate savings for my lowest-level membership status outweigh the breakfast benefit and what's effectively 50% off a massage (and the Mandarin Waldorf and 4 Seasons rarely give good upgrades).
Same here, especially with the 25x tier points on room stays that no longer appear if you prebook with FHR.
Although there's STILL the "free" late check out and early check in benefits that mLife will nickel and dime you over.
Non-MLife properties (Wynn, Venetian, etc) are still a good deal with FHR though.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Skywise
Same here, especially with the 25x tier points on room stays that no longer appear if you prebook with FHR.
Although there's STILL the "free" late check out and early check in benefits that mLife will nickel and dime you over.
Non-MLife properties (Wynn, Venetian, etc) are still a good deal with FHR though.
Just to be clear since I haven't used FHR in Vegas in a while ... Can you still call Amex and set up a post-pay reservation (not getting 5x MR but getting the tier credits)?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can definitely still do post-pay / pay-at-hotel, either by booking online or over the phone. I can't speak to MLife credits specifically, but you would get regular hotel points from whatever chain (e.g., HHonors at the Waldorf).
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by Stephanie Elizabeth Gambino
Bellagio $30 x2 breakfast credit: Does anyone know if this is a general dining credit that can be used at all times of day? Also do you actually get $60 a day if you are flying solo? Thanks in advance!
DITTO on this. Any ideas?
Old May 1, 2019, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by theboss7593
DITTO on this. Any ideas?
Yes you’ll get 60 traveling solo.
Not sure for the other but IIRC I was over the dining credit and didn’t pay anything probably as I was under the 60 breakfast credit
Old May 1, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by CGRA
Yes you’ll get 60 traveling solo.
Not sure for the other but IIRC I was over the dining credit and didn’t pay anything probably as I was under the 60 breakfast credit
Cool thanks for the heads up!
Old May 2, 2019, 8:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

I know it was reported back in October about properties changing from $100 F&B credit to Spa credit.

Has anyone confirmed with a recent stay at Bellagio that they have in fact removed the option to have a F&B credit as the Unique Property Amenity?
Now $100 Spa Credit is only option?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.