Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by golfingboy
ETA: Looks like now all hotels in Las Vegas now only give $100 Spa Credit as the benefit starting in 2019. No more F&B credit... Disappointing if true - I am hoping this is just a kink as they load the 2019 benefits.
It's only the Bellagio and the Delano that still offer F&B credit and has been for years now, but are you sure this is changing for these two properties too?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:29 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by clubman
It's only the Bellagio and the Delano that still offer F&B credit and has been for years now, but are you sure this is changing for these two properties too?
This is what I am seeing for 2019....

Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
That would a great shame if so. F&B credit in conjunction with the breakfast credit at the Bellagio has always been an amazing benefit, and I’ve had times when the credit was more than the room rate.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I just noticed the same thing for Delano today. At first, I was just excited to see 2019 dates had been loaded. I had a great FHR stay there last month and was looking to book again in February. Chase LHRC still offers $100 F&B but doesn't offer guaranteed 4pm checkout (late checkout if available).

Now I need to decide which is more important to me. Arriving late at night and likely in F so will have dinner on the plane for a one night stay. I was hoping to use the breakfast credit in the morning and then the $100 F&B right before 4pm checkout for late lunch/early dinner. Found a great deal on a suite at Aria so moving there after the first night.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, EY Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
Those cons are really unacceptable.
Agree. Made a complaint to Hilton once home and they tossed some points in my account which I was happy with. The pros really outweighed the housekeeping issue. Would definitely stay here again, assuming the issue was a one off with the changeover to WA.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:08 pm

I booked a room at Bellagio through FHR and the temporary charge triggered the Amex MGM offer of spend $250 or more, get $50 back (despite offer terms saying reservation must be made through mlife.com, by phone or app). The $50 credit has already shown up on my account.
tobikosan likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by ewrp12
I booked a room at Bellagio through FHR and the temporary charge triggered the Amex MGM offer of spend $250 or more, get $50 back (despite offer terms saying reservation must be made through mlife.com, by phone or app). The $50 credit has already shown up on my account.

ooh, that’s a great data point, thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by ewrp12
Very useful for someone who is staying after the promo! But
​​​​​ just a clarification point, are you sure you weren't charged for the first night, which would trigger the bonus?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Honors
The advance charge (deposit) in essence is to cover the first night. So same thing pretty much. Of course, if there's cancellation, Amex will take back the credits.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
I was looking at Delano 2019 on Virtuoso and if had a $50 F&B and $50 Spa credit.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tobikosan
I was looking at Delano 2019 on Virtuoso and if had a $50 F&B and $50 Spa credit.
Yep, it's the same story with the Bellagio . Virtuoso credit was similar to FHR up until now (i.e $100 F&B) but for 2019 it's changing to a split $50-$50. I guess if you have no plans of using the Spa, this is a better option than FHR becuse you'll at least get use out of the $50 for F&B, but $50 spa credit won't get you very far...
Cosmo still seems to have $100 F&B with Virtuoso through 2019 which is good.

By the way, what's the story with using a back to back FHR and Virtuoso booking at the same hotel? Does this work, or is it frowned upon?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by rog92
The advance charge (deposit) in essence is to cover the first night. So same thing pretty much. Of course, if there's cancellation, Amex will take back the credits.
BTW- I had this happen earlier this year... got the initial Amex offer credit, changed res a little bit, which resulting in a refund of original charge and rebill the same day. Amex clawed back the $50 Amex Offer credit. Took a chat and a follow up phone call to get them to manually credit it back. Just be careful if you change the res.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Della's closes at 2pm. Try to get there earlier or you can still use check-in day's $60 credit for room service even after 2pm (I suppose..)
$100 credit can be used toward buffet. Daily $60 only on Della's or room service.
I booked the room for $200 in advance and paid resort fee+extra charges (tips at Della's etc) $100 at the hotel. That triggered $300/$60 off offer successfully.
So are you saying the $200 was only deposit, you actually did pay $300 when you check out? Did they reverse the $200 in your transaction? I am asking this because my amex card already showed $234 for two rooms. And I just got a $50 off $250 offer today. I am wondering if I need to rebook my reservation to trigger this offer or if I can wait till check out when they add the fees which would push the bill over $250.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just a quick data point; Just got back from an FHR stay at the Delano and was able to take advantage of early check-in, upgrade offered to high room from basic room type. Was told we weren't able to use breakfast credit on check-in day, only the second day and check-out day. Did some gentle pushback, but didn't get anywhere with the front desk person, so I dropped it. It worked fine when we did use it at Della's, and I was glad it was there! Food was delicious, but wildly overpriced. Two entrees and a single cocktail pushed us over $60 after tip.

$100 credit worked fine (Used it at Rivea. Short version, go for the drinks and the view, but the meal was just ok), and was able to take advantage of late check-out on our last day with no issues.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:22 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by gogomustangs
So are you saying the $200 was only deposit, you actually did pay $300 when you check out? Did they reverse the $200 in your transaction? I am asking this because my amex card already showed $234 for two rooms. And I just got a $50 off $250 offer today. I am wondering if I need to rebook my reservation to trigger this offer or if I can wait till check out when they add the fees which would push the bill over $250.
I think it's transactions adding up to $250 after you add the offer. Will you spend an additional $250 during your stay? If not then I would cancel and rebook.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.