Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by happyvoid
I booked a Encore Tower Suite but did not get upgraded to parlor suite. The letter from FHR does not mention any upgrades (Even when available) option. I was told by rep they don't upgrade the tower suite to parlor. Is this true? I keep reading in this thread that they do upgrade tower suite to parlor. I even asked the rep if I want to upgrade I can pay for it as there are a lot of rooms available. I went on weekday
I just stayed at Wynn 2 weeks ago and booked through FHR and booked a Basic Tower Suite. I got upgraded to Parlor Suite. Don't look at the letter, look at what is says on the FHR website. Call AMEX if they refuse to upgrade you if you see availability.

Also I got upgraded to a Salon Suite after already getting upraded to the Parlor Suite because there were some serious problems with my room that I brought to the attention of the manger. Great stay
Old Aug 23, 2018, 3:38 pm

Wynn Encore Upgrade

Im here at Wynn now. I only booked the basic King room. At check-in the agent said I do get a room upgrade with booking with FHR. She mentioned it so I inquired for more details. She said the upgrade is one tier up in room type. Since I booked the basic King I was upgraded to the Panoramic King. Pretty much the same room but with a killer view of the strip.

She also said the tiers are different when booking the Tower Suites and is why most people get upgraded to the Parlor as that is their next tier up from the Tower Suite King. And of course it’s based on availability.
levilevi likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:47 am

There’s an Amex deal for Marriott hotels right now $60 off $300. It includes autograph collection so Cosmo is included. The offer does say booking must be made on Marriott.com but does anybody have experience booking this on FHR? I mean at checkout you still pay with the same CC so the charge shouldn’t look any different.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:36 pm
used to be 'Flyfarfar'

Programs: DL, AA, SPG, MR, HGP, IHG
Encore Las Vegas

Had a nice stay at Encore Las Vegas a couple weeks ago.

Noon check-in, (offered, and used)
Room upgrade upon arrival, (was able to get upgraded from a king room, to a room with two beds)
Daily breakfast for two people: $40 per person, per day max $80, (used at the buffet)
In-room Wi-Fi ($5 resort fee credit)
Guaranteed 4:00pm late check-out (offered and used)
Additional special amenity: $100 Spa services credit to be used during your stay, (used for $40 spa day passes at Encore spa)

If you're interested in my full review with pictures check out my blog post here.
Old Sep 17, 2018, 2:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just checked into the Encore Las Vegas.

Did not use early check-in, note: A 20 min line at check-in around 3:30

Room uprade on arrival. Not offered, but then again I asked about it and was given a Panoramic Suite on Strip side. Note: Great room, but while the view is nice, I'm guessing the Wynn would have been better as the Wynn Hotel blocks most of the view of the strip.

Breakfast for 2 at $40 each. I also asked since we couldn't use the breakfast on the last day due to an early flight if we could use it for the Dinner buffet on day of arrival. This was granted and I'll double check at check-out.

We will not use late check out.

$100 Spa or Salon credit. My wife used the Salon which also comes with free spa use which is a $40 value. So basically we got $140!!! Great deal. ( My wife just came back. While the deal was good, she said she did not have a good experience in the Salon and would not go back???)

Last edited by tpsmith82; Sep 18, 2018 at 12:06 am
Old Sep 20, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
LIVID - CHARGED $325 fee for cancelling

i made an FHR COSMO reservation like i always do, and cancelled same day.. for a reservation 3 months laters

was charged $325

the wording is completely bogus!!!

$325 USD CXL FEE PER ROOM CANCELLATION PERMITTED UP TO 3DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL

am i wrong or is the wording completely deceiving?

It should say, NO CANCELLATIONS othewise $325 fee will be charged for first night up to 3 days before arrival?

Last edited by broncophil; Sep 20, 2018 at 9:41 pm
Old Sep 20, 2018, 10:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Just checked into the Encore Las Vegas.

Did not use early check-in, note: A 20 min line at check-in around 3:30

Room uprade on arrival. Not offered, but then again I asked about it and was given a Panoramic Suite on Strip side. Note: Great room, but while the view is nice, I'm guessing the Wynn would have been better as the Wynn Hotel blocks most of the view of the strip.

Breakfast for 2 at $40 each. I also asked since we couldn't use the breakfast on the last day due to an early flight if we could use it for the Dinner buffet on day of arrival. This was granted and I'll double check at check-out.

We will not use late check out.

$100 Spa or Salon credit. My wife used the Salon which also comes with free spa use which is a $40 value. So basically we got $140!!! Great deal. ( My wife just came back. While the deal was good, she said she did not have a good experience in the Salon and would not go back???)
Couldn't figure out how to edit the post, so here s an update.

At check-out I had a few issues, although they were resolved.

1. I was 1st given a folio that had many charges that were not credited from the FHR credit. The $80 credit that I had asked about using during our 1st night there at dinner was not on the bill. She eventually credited it and this was resolved.

2. The resort fee was charged at $39. There was no $5 credit for wifi. I had to ask, and it was taken off to bring charge to $34 per night.

3. The Spa credit was not posted. My wife used the Salon, which we asked at check-in if we could use the credit there and were told yes. She made the adjustment and resolved the charge.

4. After leaving and checking out, I noticed the charges for our breakfast were not adding up correctly. Had to call front desk while at the airport and spoke with an agent over phone. Fore whatever reason they did not apply the credit to the drinks that were purchased while in the buffet dining room. Essentially a separate charge but still under the $80. She was able to make the adjustment and fix the charge.

Overall the original folio I was given was off by more than $200. Had I not been diligent and checked the account I would have been way over charged. Just a reminder to make sure and check the bill before you leave. Pretty frustrating to deal with, but also fairly easy to resolve.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by broncophil
i made an FHR COSMO reservation like i always do, and cancelled same day.. for a reservation 3 months laters

was charged $325

It should say, NO CANCELLATIONS othewise $325 fee will be charged for first night up to 3 days before arrival?
I think it's wrong and you should call Amex Platinum Travel to have it resolved.
As a side note - I had a reservation (not FHR, regular AmexTravel) that I cancelled one day after making it, and the charge never came off my account. After multiple calls Amex customer service had me 'dispute it'. I think there's something going on with their system, not that yours and my experiences are conclusive.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro

was charged $325

I've noticed Vegas hotels will charge first night upfront but you'll get a refund within a couple days after canceling within the permitted time frame. This seems to be the norm even when booking directly with the hotel.
levilevi likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club

was charged $325

Ambiguously worded, as that could easily be read as cancellation permitted up to 3 days before arrival, i.e. no cancellations within 3 days of arrival. And if you cancel, which you can only do 3 or more days before arrival, the fee is $325.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Originally Posted by javabytes

Ambiguously worded, as that could easily be read as cancellation permitted up to 3 days before arrival, i.e. no cancellations within 3 days of arrival. And if you cancel, which you can only do 3 or more days before arrival, the fee is $325.
thats my point.

Amex is saying that’s the terms the hotels set. I’m saying it’s on ur fhr website you should take responsibility.

If if they don’t correct this I will not hesitate to cancel my three cards. Two of which are $1000 in annual fees. Plat and aspire.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
As stated above, most Vegas hotels charge a one-night deposit when you book but refund it as long as you cancel before the deadline. I'd just wait a few days to see if the refund shows up before getting too upset.
levilevi likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:49 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K

thats my point.

Amex is saying that’s the terms the hotels set. I’m saying it’s on ur fhr website you should take responsibility.

If if they don’t correct this I will not hesitate to cancel my three cards. Two of which are $1000 in annual fees. Plat and aspire.
Why not call the hotel and either ask them to refund it or ask them how long the refund will take?
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by United747
Why not call the hotel and either ask them to refund it or ask them how long the refund will take?
Since the cancellation terms and conditions were actually set by the hotel, what exactly would be the hotel's motivation for not enforcing them?

Regards
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Cosmopolitan Las Vegas

Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
Barely any recognition whatsoever -- pretty disappointing overall. I am Platinum Premier at Marriott too.

Noon check-in - Did not use
Room upgrade upon arrival - Not as far as I could tell; asked about suites and he offered a paid upgrade, which I found distasteful. I didn't push the issue.
Daily breakfast for two people - Buffet at Wicked Spoon. Pretty huge buffet, food quality was average to good (not great). Lacked fruit for such a huge buffet. Service was top-notch.
In-room Wi-Fi - Yes
Guaranteed 4:00pm late check-out - Proactively offered and used
Additional special amenity: $100 Spa services credit to be used during your stay - Only services that went for this amount were a 20-min massage or a haircut, sprung for the latter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.