Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Originally Posted by madcard
I just wanted to give a report on my recent Vegas trip and an update to a couple of these listings since they have changed somewhat since what is in the wiki (but I don't post much so I can't edit it).

I booked Delano (my plat), Delano (SO's AU plat), Bellagio (My plat) as three different one night FHR packages. I didn't add myself or SO to each other's Delano reservation until check-in for each night. Although it confused them to check us in to night 2 when I was still in for 1, they got it taken care of. We checked in at or before 11am all three times and still got excellent upgrades despite having booked the cheapest accessible rooms, including a 25th floor room overlooking the fountain at Bellagio (on Sunday night). They seemed to think that we didn't have a choice in booking that room, and we didn't dissuade them of the notion.

Few things:
  • Delano breakfast credit is still both check-in and check-out, we did lunch on check-in at Della's, then breakfast at Della's the next day, then lunch with room service on the next reservation.
  • Delano $100 is for food only, no more spa or attractions. I have a picture of the letter (but not Bellagio's unfortunately) but can't post links. It is hosted on imgur dot com slash UQI3McR
  • You absolutely NEED to check with the front desk when checking out. All three nights had credits incorrectly assigned, but at the Delano they were happy to fix it.
  • Bellagio breakfast is not valid on check-in day. I asked the agent at check-in and they said that since it said "daily credit", I would receive both check-in and check-out breakfast like at the Delano, however at check-out they (including the manager) would not credit me the buffet we went to that morning and said that the check-in person was incorrect and AMEX is aware of their policies. I had them charge that buffet separately and have since contacted FHR who helped me dispute the charge through AMEX, but I wouldn't count on it going forward.
    • edit: the dispute was ruled in our favor and the $60 has been credited to my account, no other info given
  • Bellagio breakfast credit can be used at the poolside cafe, the buffet and a couple other places. The poolside cafe is pretty good.
  • AMEX offer $60 off $300 at MGM triggered for me, but not SO's AU card (yet), even though we both hit $300, it's possible that this is because her's included things charged to the room whereas mine was just the advanced deposits on 2 rooms.
    • edit: she did see the email saying that the offer was complete, but no credit has actually posted while my credit posted a while ago
    • double edit: apparently the advance deposit posted the day before the offer was added, amex recommended getting delano to recharge it
I plan to go to Delano next week. So once we checkin like at 2:00 pm we can go to Della's for lunch and then we can use the $100 credit for the buffet and the next morning we can eat at the buffet? Would that all be considered free if we book one night at the Delano.
Also I would like to use the $60 off $300 credit. If i book the room for $244 would the taxes and resort fee push it to over $300? And if not, if I were to eat over $100 would that excess be covered as part of the hotel fee?
Thanks
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
I plan to go to Delano next week. So once we checkin like at 2:00 pm we can go to Della's for lunch and then we can use the $100 credit for the buffet and the next morning we can eat at the buffet? Would that all be considered free if we book one night at the Delano.
Also I would like to use the $60 off $300 credit. If i book the room for $244 would the taxes and resort fee push it to over $300? And if not, if I were to eat over $100 would that excess be covered as part of the hotel fee?
Thanks
Della's closes at 2pm. Try to get there earlier or you can still use check-in day's $60 credit for room service even after 2pm (I suppose..)
$100 credit can be used toward buffet. Daily $60 only on Della's or room service.
I booked the room for $200 in advance and paid resort fee+extra charges (tips at Della's etc) $100 at the hotel. That triggered $300/$60 off offer successfully.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 12:04 pm

Thanks
No matter what you're doing in any MGM-owned property, I believe you should be able to charge it to your room in the Delano (gambling excluded of course), which will count towards the $300. The $100 credit is for Mandalay/Delano food charged to the room (see the list of restaurants above), same with the breakfast credit for Della's or room service. Della's closes at 2 but we were successful in getting a 4pm room service on the check-in day paid back and Della's the next morning.

Best advice I can give: Keep the letter they give you at check-in, verify that both check-in and out days get a breakfast credit, and check out in person and verify charges were covered as they promised, they often aren't.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 4:29 am

For the FHR can we use the VIP checkin for bellagio and Wynn Encore? I booked Encore Tower Suites
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5*, IHG RA, Hyatt Diamond, Amex Plat, SPG Gold
For the FHR can we use the VIP checkin for bellagio and Wynn Encore? I booked Encore Tower Suites
Tower Suites has a separate check-in lobby. You can pull up to the Tower suites valet entrance
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by silver-tls
Tower Suites has a separate check-in lobby. You can pull up to the Tower suites valet entrance
I think the room (with the door) on the right of the TS checkin lobby is the checkin area for VIP's. Not FHR 😁
Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:13 pm

Anyone stay at Cosmos recently can elaborate on breakfast credits and upgrades?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: OZ *G, HHonors Gold, Aclub Plat
Staying at the Encore for 4 nights. Booked Tower Suites hoping to get upgraded to Parlor Suites and it paid off

Tower Suite guest get to use same line as folks who have line passes at The Buffet.
levilevi likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:06 pm

Awesome!

I am checking in tomorrow for three nights but only booked a resort king. I’m going to see if I can modify the reservation to a tower suites king. Thanks for the heads up.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:24 am

I booked a Encore Tower Suite but did not get upgraded to parlor suite. The letter from FHR does not mention any upgrades (Even when available) option. I was told by rep they don't upgrade the tower suite to parlor. Is this true? I keep reading in this thread that they do upgrade tower suite to parlor. I even asked the rep if I want to upgrade I can pay for it as there are a lot of rooms available. I went on weekday
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:25 am

on the letter was there a line for upgrade? I was in the same situation as you but they refer back to the FHR letter and they said they don't offer the upgrade option.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by calvinoeh
Staying at the Encore for 4 nights. Booked Tower Suites hoping to get upgraded to Parlor Suites and it paid off

Tower Suite guest get to use same line as folks who have line passes at The Buffet.
on the letter was there a line for upgrade? I was in the same situation as you but they refer back to the FHR letter and they said they don't offer the upgrade option.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 9:08 am

hmm... just read the letter and there's no mention of upgrade in the letter.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:55 pm

I think you got lucky. Did you ask for it or did they just give it to you
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:58 pm

I think you got lucky. Did you ask for it or did they just give it to you
they just gave it..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.