Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:46 pm

@bgriff thanks for the summarized explanation. I highly doubt I'll hit $300 alone, but as you said if I book through mlife, it will trigger the regular amex benefits with the resort credits etc. when I check in. Amex FHR doesn't offer the run of the mill room, but through mlife I can get this offer and atleast save another 20 or so. Hmm now that I am re-reading it I wonder if the offer showing up for me is different. As when I click the Amex offer for mlife, it takes and states in the terms that I must book through mlife.com in order to qualify, that said, my question would be if I booked through mlife, would I lose those regular benefits of late check out, breakfast etc had it been through the amextravel portal?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:56 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by wooguay
@bgriff thanks for the summarized explanation. I highly doubt I'll hit $300 alone, but as you said if I book through mlife, it will trigger the regular amex benefits with the resort credits etc. when I check in. Amex FHR doesn't offer the run of the mill room, but through mlife I can get this offer and atleast save another 20 or so. Hmm now that I am re-reading it I wonder if the offer showing up for me is different. As when I click the Amex offer for mlife, it takes and states in the terms that I must book through mlife.com in order to qualify, that said, my question would be if I booked through mlife, would I lose those regular benefits of late check out, breakfast etc had it been through the amextravel portal?
The MGM offers always say you have to book direct with the property, and it is definitely true that if you booked through Expedia, Priceline, etc., you would not qualify for the offer (for one thing, because the charge would show up on your bill as an Expedia charge and Amex's systems wouldn't register that you had in fact met the terms of the offer by spending at an MGM property). But FHR bookings are charged as coming direct from the property so the experience has been that FHR bookings do in fact end up qualifying for the offer, despite what the T&Cs say.

And to answer your last question, if you don't book through FHR, you definitely don't get the FHR benefits including breakfast and the $100 credit. (But also worth comparing to what rates you get direct from Mlife, because in some cases the Mlife direct rate may be so much cheaper that it's worth forgoing the FHR benefits.)
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by bgriff
The MGM offers always say you have to book direct with the property, and it is definitely true that if you booked through Expedia, Priceline, etc., you would not qualify for the offer (for one thing, because the charge would show up on your bill as an Expedia charge and Amex's systems wouldn't register that you had in fact met the terms of the offer by spending at an MGM property). But FHR bookings are charged as coming direct from the property so the experience has been that FHR bookings do in fact end up qualifying for the offer, despite what the T&Cs say.

And to answer your last question, if you don't book through FHR, you definitely don't get the FHR benefits including breakfast and the $100 credit. (But also worth comparing to what rates you get direct from Mlife, because in some cases the Mlife direct rate may be so much cheaper that it's worth forgoing the FHR benefits.)
Thanks for the quick reply. If I end up spending $300 as one person i've had too much fun hah. Looking forward to trying everything out and hopefully add a helpful post back to this thread. Thanks everyone.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by levilevi
I'm actually in the middle of this right now - $60 credits as I booked two reservations - but cancelled one, so it reversed, offer gone, final charge was over $300, so I *should* qualify, but i know i'm going to have to go through a long process, which will likely include an agent telling me to wait 6-8 weeks before i ask them to manually credit
update - with minimal effort this was resolved via online chat
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:50 pm

does FHR have a "price guarantee" like amex travel if there is a lower rate available online?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mr_rogers
does FHR have a "price guarantee" like amex travel if there is a lower rate available online?
Dont think so. FHR is usually the “best available rate” which is normally the first or second least expensive of the refundable rates a hotel offers
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:20 am

I didnt' see it written in the Wiki, but does Cosmo refund the resort fee if you book through FHR program?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:28 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by United747

Dont think so. FHR is usually the “best available rate” which is normally the first or second least expensive of the refundable rates a hotel offers
Yes, it usually is equivalent to the best available rate, but as the FHR rates are actually contracted rates, from time to time with some properties there will be some variation (either higher or lower).

Corp, AAA, advance purchase and other discounted rates, when available, will usually be lower than FHR rates, so I always need to evaluate the benefits to see if it’s worth the higher rate.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by infernoflo
I didnt' see it written in the Wiki, but does Cosmo refund the resort fee if you book through FHR program?
No. Some hotels will refund the portion of the resort fee they deemed allocable to wifi - $5 or so.
levilevi likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yahtzee
No. Some hotels will refund the portion of the resort fee they deemed allocable to wifi - $5 or so.
Or some, like Palazzo, just claim that it's part of the "enhanced" breakfast credit.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Or some, like Palazzo, just claim that it's part of the "enhanced" breakfast credit.
Because breakfast credit went up when internet became part of FHR benefits....

And they have the gut to write it....
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:24 pm

can you exchange $100 "spa credit" to "foot/beverage credit"?

Does the hotel charge your amex card for the first night after booking? (I think most Las Vegas hotels require one-night deposit at booking, not sure if this the same for FHR booking)
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
can you exchange $100 "spa credit" to "foot/beverage credit"?

Does the hotel charge your amex card for the first night after booking? (I think most Las Vegas hotels require one-night deposit at booking, not sure if this the same for FHR booking)
In my experience with Las Vegas hotels, the spa credit is a spa credit. Property Credit or Food/Beverage Credit can be used for dining. The deposit policy usually mirrors what the normal deposit for that property is, usually in Vegas that would be one night plus tax/fees.etc.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by dlnewbie
In my experience with Las Vegas hotels, the spa credit is a spa credit. Property Credit or Food/Beverage Credit can be used for dining. The deposit policy usually mirrors what the normal deposit for that property is, usually in Vegas that would be one night plus tax/fees.etc.
so basically, i shall assume the spa credit exchange is non-negotiable at check-in?

and, even if the FHR confirmation page shows "charge today" being 0, the hotel will charge the first night plus tax soon after booking to my amex card?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
so basically, i shall assume the spa credit exchange is non-negotiable at check-in?

and, even if the FHR confirmation page shows "charge today" being 0, the hotel will charge the first night plus tax soon after booking to my amex card?
Correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.