Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, M-Life Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by zephyr213
Anyone has experiences with the wifi charge being refunded?

According to the terms:

In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Card Member will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Card Members final statement upon check-out.
I got a credit at the Bellagio of around $5 per resort fee, if I remember correctly. I kind of chuckled when they pointed it out to me at check-in and was told that Amex sets the amount.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Flyer545
I got a credit at the Bellagio of around $5 per resort fee, if I remember correctly. I kind of chuckled when they pointed it out to me at check-in and was told that Amex sets the amount.
I had the same credit at bellagio
Got 5 USD back in several hotels (not in vegas)
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I just completed a stay using FHR At the Delano.

At check-in, the woman at the front desk mentioned that the daily breakfast credit starts on the FIRST day of your stay, and does not qualify for the LAST day of your stay. She said that this was part of their recently re-negotiated contract with AMEX and it made no sense to her either. I had to argue pretty aggressively, as this policy is absurd, but she agreed to honor the credit on the last day vs the first day.

The breakfast charges from the last day were not automatically removed from my bill, and I had to call and have them manually removed (and again, having to argue a bit). Also the $100 credit did not automatically post either.

Anyone else with a similar experience? I don't understand why you would get a breakfast credit on the day of check-in, when you may not be in the room until 4PM vs check-out when you waking up in the room AND have a late check-out with FHR.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by roder

At check-in, the woman at the front desk mentioned that the daily breakfast credit starts on the FIRST day of your stay, and does not qualify for the LAST day of your stay. She said that this was part of their recently re-negotiated contract with AMEX and it made no sense to her either. I had to argue pretty aggressively, as this policy is absurd, but she agreed to honor the credit on the last day vs the first day.

The breakfast charges from the last day were not automatically removed from my bill, and I had to call and have them manually removed (and again, having to argue a bit). Also the $100 credit did not automatically post either.

Anyone else with a similar experience? I don't understand why you would get a breakfast credit on the day of check-in, when you may not be in the room until 4PM vs check-out when you waking up in the room AND have a late check-out with FHR.
Cause the Delano is garbage? I highly doubt this move is by amex, it's just too stupid.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:40 am
She

At the Mandarin Oriental
- early check in (we arrived at 11am and our room was ready)
- upgraded from regular room to Cityscape room. As far as I can tell the rooms are exactly the same, we are just on a higher floor with a view of the west side of town
- daily continental breakfast for 2. Can opt for in room dining too but the delivery fee is not covered
- $100 spa credit
- $5 discount off resort fee
Old Jun 15, 2016, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
My stay a couple weeks ago at Bellagio was disappointing:

1. No upgrade. The check in clerk checked the inventory when I asked about one. She wrote down at least 5 different room numbers, so it was clear there were open rooms in the next category up. She said she needed to speak to a supervisor. She came back and said there were no rooms available for upgrade. I know they aren't guaranteed, but it's hard not to conclude that they stiffed me when she wrote down so many room numbers when checking the inventory. Nonetheless, I thanked her for trying and let it go.

2. I had booked a fountain view room -- full not partial. They sent me to the spa tower in a room so low that I couldn't see most of the pond or fountains over the parking lot and trees. If it wasn't a mere partial fountain view room, I don't know what could be. I called and explained that while I understand that an upgrade isn't guaranteed, I don't understand why this is the worst fountain room I've ever had in many stays at the property. The clerk said she couldn't move me to the main tower, but she moved me to a higher floor in the spa tower. It was only three floors higher, but it made a significant difference. It was still a mediocre room because the spa tower is so far back from the fountains and, even from the higher vantage point, the parking lot is more prominent than fountains.

3. The clerk said my old keys would work on the new room -- no need to come back down to reception. Unfortunately, when I moved to the better room, the keys didn't work as the clerk said they would. Thus, I had to spend 20 minutes dragging my bags back down to reception and waiting in line to get new keys.

4. The wifi didn't work during my one night stay. I had to go to my seminar at another hotel at 5:00 a.m. the next day so I could work before the sessions started because I was unable to work in the room without an internet connection. And, because I had to leave at 5:00 to get to the other property to work, I didn't have time to eat breakfast at Bellagio because I didn't want to get up at 4:00 a.m. Although I got a continental breakfast at the seminar, I would have much preferred hot food at Bellagio. It just seems unfair that Bellagio's internet problem, and the inconvenience it caused me, resulted in them avoiding having to comp my breakfast.

5. What's worse, I spent 45 minutes on the phone with IT restarting my computer, having him add my IP address to the approved list, etc., etc., before the tech decided to check the main feed to the resort. Once he did so, he announced that the internet was down for the entire spa tower, which means everything else we tried was a waste of time.

6. I politely complained about the internet and wasted time on the phone with IT at check out and the clerk waived the resort fee. I would have gladly paid the fee in exchange for the chance to work in the room and to avoid the frustrating process of dealing with IT for so long when he should have checked from the beginning to see that the entire internet was out.

5. On the bright side, after hanging up with IT, I went to Fix and used my $100 resort credit. The sea bass over risotto was delicious and I had a couple nice glasses of wine. Everything but the tip was removed from my room bill at checkout.

I'm not sure where I'll stay on my next trip. I much prefer the resort credit properties because I'm not a spa person. However, Delano is farther from the center of the strip than I prefer. Although Bellagio has been nice in the past, my most recent experience has me seriously questioning whether I'm willing to stay there again, especially because a work colleague had a similarly bad experience there a few months before my stay.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Shame about your Bellagio experiance. I've always had a good experiance there.

I've never booked anything but a basic room, and always been upgraded to a nice full fountain view.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:59 am

Anyone know how long it takes stays to post to Hyatt accounts? It's been almost 2 weeks and I still have seen any stay credit. Email both Hyatt and MGM and Hyatt replies they couldn't do anything and no MGM reply.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by roder

Stayed there a copule of weeks ago and $60 credit from breakfast on day of check-out was reflected on the final bill.

FWIW, I hadn't reviewed the bill before checking out at the desk, so I don't know if the credit had been automatically applied, or if the front desk clerk made some kind of manual adjustment before finalizing the bill. Either way, it was never mentioned that breakfast wouldn't be covered on day of check-out.

Agree that this would be pretty absurd if this is in fact a new policy.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:38 pm

I stayed at Delano from June 7-8. Got the breakfast $60 credit applied on my day of check out without much hassle.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles, RBC Rewards, British Airways Avios, American Airlines Aadvantage
Originally Posted by OUTraveling
Stayed at the Wynn Two night.

Landed around 930 and requested Super Early Check In at 1000.
>Not successful.

Stayed At Centurion Lounge until 1140 and arrived at 1200 for early check in.
>Recieved.

Attendant mentioned we get a room upgrade without being prompted. Requested double beds for my friend and I. (We are both gay but not in a relationship.)
>Both requests recieved.

Breakfast at the Wynn Buffet with $40 per person credit.
>Recieved.

Accessed the Wynn Spa after a hike.
>Spa Credit Recieved.

Room service for breakfast at $40 per person.
>Recieved

Service flawless. Excellet time except losing a net total of $50 from gambling though I probably tipped more.
Thank you very much for this detailed event. I was going to ask about the breakfast if it was room service or buffet. It looks like its both and that it's $40 per person each day. I just booked today for a stay there (3rd night free offer for the month of July they have on the website)
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pmich
Thank you very much for this detailed event. I was going to ask about the breakfast if it was room service or buffet. It looks like its both and that it's $40 per person each day. I just booked today for a stay there (3rd night free offer for the month of July they have on the website)
The Wiki page at the top of this post lists all the places at the Wynn you can use your breakfast credit - The Buffet and Room Service are both on that list
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Airmiles, RBC Rewards, British Airways Avios, American Airlines Aadvantage
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
The Wiki page at the top of this post lists all the places at the Wynn you can use your breakfast credit - The Buffet and Room Service are both on that list
Thank you!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:28 pm

Wynn stay from 23-26

First time poster, long time lurker. If you see an asian girl named Gina there, she is amazing! I booked tower suites- she hooked us up. Went from tower king suite to parlor suite. I had friends booked in another regular king suite on resort side, and she offered to upgrade them to rooms attached to parlor suite for only $65 a night- worth it since resort fee is $32, and I only paid $525 for the 3 night stay via a 3rd party booking. Got a free rollaway bed for all nights and had a special stay 3 nights, 4th is free- so my friend left monday instead of sunday. Checked in early. Used spa credit for a $90 pedicure. Then used google express to deliver water, food, snacks, from smart and final to our room. There was a $75 surcharge for that though (which I didn't know about- live and learn I guess)
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:41 am

Hi, I searched and couldn't really find anything. I just booked at the palazzo via FHR and I was wondering if anyone has done FHR & the $20 trick? Me and my friends have attempted it on multiple occasions at multiple properties with various results each time. We've gotten upgrades (1 level or view, etc.), resort fees waived, free wifi, etc. I didnt see if the resort fee was covered in FHR booking (I'm assuming not) but has anyone attempted both FHR & $20 (or $50) trick?

I'll be going weekend after labor day so like 9/9 onwards.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.