Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 7:33 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by lizs
Looking at Bellagio for two nights. So two breakfast credits for two - $60 + $60. Does it track per day or can I use both credits in one day? (have an early morning flight on day of checkout so will just be jumping in taxi very early in the morning).
IME, its tracked per day.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:00 pm

Fine Hotel & Resorts 2019 Las Vegas Amenity - Spa Service only?

Hi,

I noticed the unique property amenity has changed from dining credits & spa services to a $100 spa credit for all properties in 2019. The dining credit was the primary reason I used my AMEX platinum card in Las Vegas and will consider using my Chase Reserve for future bookings. Does anyone have any insight or knowledge of the 2019 unique property amenities?

Thanks,
Krusty
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no particular insight here, but if it's true, it's definitely a downgrade of the FHR program. Especially with the inflation in spa service prices over the past 5+ years. $100 barely gets you a pat on the back.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
It looks like that's the case which is a bummer since the spa credit is hard to use (or of no interest). But before jumping over to your Chase, keep in mind that some FHR hotels are rolling out 5X earnings if you prepay (still refundable) and depending on what the rate is compared to a nonrefundable prepay, you might still come out ahead just from breakfast and late-checkout.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 12:33 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by krustykramer
....amenity has changed from dining credits & spa services to a $100 spa credit for all properties in 2019....
Welcome to Flyertalk. I have move your question into a thread where this change has already been discussed. First reported HERE in October. If this were a data entry error, I expect it would have been remedied by now.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon
I have no particular insight here, but if it's true, it's definitely a downgrade of the FHR program. Especially with the inflation in spa service prices over the past 5+ years. $100 barely gets you a pat on the back.
agree! plus they offered a spa credit in conjunction with the dining credit so this is a real step backwards. i recently joined for the benefits since I stay in Las Vegas frequently but will now reconsider my AMEX Platinum card.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
So for Delano hotel is it confirmed that it is just $60 only for breakfast per night stay? So if we stay on December 20-21, we only can get credit for breakfast on the 21st and not on the 20th? because I read some posts where they say it works per day and another post saying only the checkout date
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by valerioa
Just got back from a 1 night stay at Delano with almost exact same experience. Rate of $119 with $100 F&B. Got upgraded to a room with a nice view. Was told breakfast credit would only apply for checkout day. Didn't argue it but had a 1pm "breakfast" at Della's anyway armed with the info from this site that they honor it on the check-in day. Went to pool for a few drinks with some late afternoon sun then to Skyfall Lounge for a snack and a bit of wine with the excellent view. Next morning had an very early flight so didn't take advantage of breakfast other than an espresso.

At checkout ALL the F& B was wiped out except for the tips (of course) including my check-in day breakfast at Della's. Was a little concerned as I almost checked out on the TV but didn't when I didn't see any of the credits applied. All good in the end. This is a great benefit and sorry to see it go away and only being able to take advantage of it once.

BTW, Mlife was offering a super-special $55/day rate at Delano with no credits of course. Almost decided to cancel the FHR reservation but with the credits figured I was about even or maybe a little ahead. Would have definitely used it instead or in conjunction if staying more days.
So do you think you could have gotten $30 each day per person for breakfast? and did you ever use that $100 food and beverage credit
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Any reports of being upgraded from the category below the TS (e.g. Encore Panoramic) to the TS? Virtuoso lists the upgrade for this category as the Tower Suite, but want to see if its actually done in practice. Also traveling during a relatively busy time (12/26-12/31) which probably won’t help.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue & Southwest
I definitely could have used the $30 on my checkout day but it was just too early for me to eat. I grabbed something quick at the Centurion Lounge just before flying out.

And oh yes, used every penny of the $100 F&B credit on the rather expensive drinks by the pool and a nice light meal at Skyfall. BTW, really enjoyed their platter of cheese and meats. It was actually well worth the price.

Selection of charcuterie & cheese $22
Culatello, San Danielle, Bresaola served with pickled vegetables and focaccia
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue & Southwest
Originally Posted by happyvoid
So for Delano hotel is it confirmed that it is just $60 only for breakfast per night stay? So if we stay on December 20-21, we only can get credit for breakfast on the 21st and not on the 20th? because I read some posts where they say it works per day and another post saying only the checkout date
Unless it has also recently changed, you can get credit for both days.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:57 pm

I think it change because they only gave me $160 instead of $220. So $100 + $60 instead of $100 + $60 + $60
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by valerioa
Unless it has also recently changed, you can get credit for both days.
I believe there have been reports that it has changed.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
Just completed a FHR stay at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas from 12/22 - 12/24:
Room: Booked City studio
Checkin: Checked in around 12:30pm at the Autograph lounge.
Upgrade: Offered upgrade to City Room One Bedroom Suite (I could not find the room type on their website, the closest would be the Two Bedroom City Suite but with one bedroom)
Checkout: Used 4pm checkout.
Credits: Used the daily breakfast at Wicked Spoon Buffet. Did not use the $100 spa credit
Overall: Fabulous stay at the Cosmopolitan. The upgrade was a very nice gesture, as I did not have any other status with the hotel besides the Marriott Gold that came with Amex Plat. The room was nicely renovated and very large I would say roughly 1300 sqft or so. It also came with a half bath which is a nice touch. It didn't have a full view of the Bellagio Fountains but there was just enough to see the show throughout the day. The rest of the view were of city lights and the mountain.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by martial
Just completed a FHR stay at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas from 12/22 - 12/24:

Credits: Used the daily breakfast at Wicked Spoon Buffet.
Do they also give you a cut-the-line pass for the buffet?

Thanks for the review!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.