Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by rogbre
Did they give you any problems about the back to back stays? I got some pushback from doing this in Hawaii. I'm assuming with the overlapping check-out and check-in times that you just moved your luggage from the old room to the new room without having to store it.
There was no way to link the two reservations together; one was in my business account (under wife's AU card), and second was in my name on my Personal account.

Correct, we just switched suitcases directly from room to room then checked out of the first room.

I suspect there would be a way to link it if I had used my wife's Personal card as they would be linked, so if you have both personal and business you would be fine
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:59 am

I just wanted to give a report on my recent Vegas trip and an update to a couple of these listings since they have changed somewhat since what is in the wiki (but I don't post much so I can't edit it).

I booked Delano (my plat), Delano (SO's AU plat), Bellagio (My plat) as three different one night FHR packages. I didn't add myself or SO to each other's Delano reservation until check-in for each night. Although it confused them to check us in to night 2 when I was still in for 1, they got it taken care of. We checked in at or before 11am all three times and still got excellent upgrades despite having booked the cheapest accessible rooms, including a 25th floor room overlooking the fountain at Bellagio (on Sunday night). They seemed to think that we didn't have a choice in booking that room, and we didn't dissuade them of the notion.

Few things:
  • Delano breakfast credit is still both check-in and check-out, we did lunch on check-in at Della's, then breakfast at Della's the next day, then lunch with room service on the next reservation.
  • Delano $100 is for food only, no more spa or attractions. I have a picture of the letter (but not Bellagio's unfortunately) but can't post links. It is hosted on imgur dot com slash UQI3McR
  • You absolutely NEED to check with the front desk when checking out. All three nights had credits incorrectly assigned, but at the Delano they were happy to fix it.
  • Bellagio breakfast is not valid on check-in day. I asked the agent at check-in and they said that since it said "daily credit", I would receive both check-in and check-out breakfast like at the Delano, however at check-out they (including the manager) would not credit me the buffet we went to that morning and said that the check-in person was incorrect and AMEX is aware of their policies. I had them charge that buffet separately and have since contacted FHR who helped me dispute the charge through AMEX, but I wouldn't count on it going forward.
    • edit: the dispute was ruled in our favor and the $60 has been credited to my account, no other info given
  • Bellagio breakfast credit can be used at the poolside cafe, the buffet and a couple other places. The poolside cafe is pretty good.
  • AMEX offer $60 off $300 at MGM triggered for me, but not SO's AU card (yet), even though we both hit $300, it's possible that this is because her's included things charged to the room whereas mine was just the advanced deposits on 2 rooms.
    • edit: she did see the email saying that the offer was complete, but no credit has actually posted while my credit posted a while ago
    • double edit: apparently the advance deposit posted the day before the offer was added, amex recommended getting delano to recharge it

Last edited by madcard; Jul 12, 2018 at 8:44 am
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Bellagio has a special offer going on of $100 Spa credit for 2 nights or more on FHR bookings - this is in addition to the $100 F&B credit. AMEX CSR initially said its only 1 credit but I was able to reason with them and they contacted Bellagio who confirmed I will get 100 for spa and 100 for food. Not bad when combined with Amex offer.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Acid
Bellagio has a special offer going on of $100 Spa credit for 2 nights or more on FHR bookings - this is in addition to the $100 F&B credit. AMEX CSR initially said its only 1 credit but I was able to reason with them and they contacted Bellagio who confirmed I will get 100 for spa and 100 for food. Not bad when combined with Amex offer.
how were you able to get both? i only see one option available online right now.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lyniguez
how were you able to get both? i only see one option available online right now.
If you see - https://www.americanexpressfhr.com/fhr/offers
Bellagio has the offer for $100 spa credit under promo code - FHR22731
It doesnt show up on the reservation but I'm told by Amex that this is offered by Bellagio and they have it noted. Will find out in few weeks.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: Various
In case you're not aware, the Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas ceases to exist at end of August. It will transition to become a Waldorf Astoria. Not sure what will happen for any existing stays around benefits.
bizum likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by madcard
  • AMEX offer $60 off $300 at MGM triggered for me, but not SO's AU card (yet), even though we both hit $300, it's possible that this is because her's included things charged to the room whereas mine was just the advanced deposits on 2 rooms.
Thanks for your useful review. Also thanks for reminding me this offer - I just rebooked with my other card that has the same offer. That said, wonder if your SO got the $60 credit by now. The offer is supposed to cover both room rates and room charges.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Thanks for your useful review. Also thanks for reminding me this offer - I just rebooked with my other card that has the same offer. That said, wonder if your SO got the $60 credit by now. The offer is supposed to cover both room rates and room charges.
Glad I could help. No credit for her yet. I'll probably check in later this week. I was actually inaccurate in the post, she did get the email saying that it had triggered, the credit hasn't posted yet while mine has though.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
For those of you using FHR at MGM places, do you check M-life prices? I find the difference there to be quite large, and book through M-life as often I prefer to go out .

Another question, for MGM group properties, it looks like the FHR credit only good at the hotel you are staying at (with restrictions) or are there offers that allow dining at other MGM properites.

Breakfast and lunch, I am fine using food credits. For dinner, I'd rather go to one of my favorites.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by RichardMannion
In case you're not aware, the Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas ceases to exist at end of August. It will transition to become a Waldorf Astoria. Not sure what will happen for any existing stays around benefits.
I have a November reservation and was assured by the amex agent that there were no changes n fhr benefits. I asked for a hotel confirmation of this and got a confirmation that included

Please be advised that Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas will be rebranded as Waldorf Astoria as of August 31st 2018. Rates and conditions of existing reservations will remain as confirmed.

And

Your reservation includes the following Amex Fine Hotels & Resorts amenities: American Breakfast for 2 daily and $125 Spa credit

I did not get a confirmation of the additional centurion benefit but will deal with that in late September.

On the plus side, hilton diamond might help with upgrades.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:34 pm

Has anyone who booked FHR at the Delano had to pay room tax on top of the quoted price? I called before my booking and confirmed that the only additional charge beyond what was listed on the Amex Travel website would be the resort fee + tax on the resort fee. Upon check-in, I was told I had to also pay tax on the room (the person at the desk called the manager three times to confirm). Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by juhlee
Has anyone who booked FHR at the Delano had to pay room tax on top of the quoted price? I called before my booking and confirmed that the only additional charge beyond what was listed on the Amex Travel website would be the resort fee + tax on the resort fee. Upon check-in, I was told I had to also pay tax on the room (the person at the desk called the manager three times to confirm). Thanks in advance.
On my previous two stays, taxes were INCLUDED in the quoted rate, so I did NOT have to pay taxes except as u noted for the resort fee.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by Retired FF
On my previous two stays, taxes were INCLUDED in the quoted rate, so I did NOT have to pay taxes except as u noted for the resort fee.
Thanks -- that was my understanding when I made the booking. I've disputed the taxes with AmEx, although I'm not hopeful that they'll be able to do anything at this point.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
any update on the dispute
Old Aug 8, 2018, 12:33 pm

Any difficulty upgrading to parlor suite on longer stays

Hi! I tried to post this before but it never went through. I’m going to try again. I have a tower suite reservation at the Wynn coming up. In the past, I’ve never had problems getting upgraded to the parlor suite (which is really why I booked tower suites). But those were always shorter stays. Upcoming stay is 5 nights and over a weekend. If the hotel currently says there are parlor suites available, do you think I’ll have any issues? I will be disappointed if I don’t get the upgrade, because I really love that room...just not 600 dollars a night love it.

Last edited by Roxannex; Aug 8, 2018 at 12:34 pm Reason: Adding information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.