Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 11:32 am

Tower suite. Much better experience and much better possible upgrade.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Any idea if booking an MLife property through through FHR is elibigle for MLlife Noir benefits (stay credit with Hyatt, Limousine Transfer)?
Old May 17, 2018, 8:08 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Any idea if booking an MLife property through through FHR is elibigle for MLlife Noir benefits (stay credit with Hyatt, Limousine Transfer)?
I think so. Definitely eligible for Hyatt stay credit. Not sure about any Noir-specific benefits but I've never noticed that I've been shorted any benefits at lower Mlife elite levels when booking through FHR (though most Mlife benefits at lower elite levels aren't directly tied to your hotel room, either).

But, if you are Mlife Noir, for a stay of more than 1 night there's a good chance you have a much cheaper rate available booking direct through Mlife, even if you deducted the full face value of all of the FHR benefits against the higher FHR price.
Old May 17, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Does anyone know whether FHR will cover the VIP line pass for the Wynn buffet since the buffet itself is less than $40 on weekdays
Old May 17, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
My experience with this (for other Vegas properties) is that booking through FHR, paying with the card in which you are registered for the promotion, triggers the incentive.
I used FHR in Hawaii last week and it triggered the AMEX offer for Hilton in Hawaii. I had the offer registered on my Hilton Aspire card and used that card to pay. The hotel didn't require me to use the AMEX Platinum that I used for booking FHR.
tobikosan and bizum like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by imhere2stay
works for me now as well. thank you! are there any recent reports of getting upgraded from the tower suite to the parlor suite? Im debating if i should book a regular king suite and maybe get upgraded to the panoramic suite, or book the tower suite and get upgraded to the parlor suite. the difference between booking the king suite and the tower suite is about $163/night, and we will just be going for 1 night.
I booked the Wynn tower king through FHR for May 2-4. I was upgraded to the Parlor Suite. Fantastic upgrade. My husband and I ate at Jardin both mornings and never went over the $40/person breakfast credit. We each got a day pass to the Encore spa ($40/person) which used $80 of the $100 spa credit. Having $20 of spa credit left, my husband went back the next day. He really enjoyed it. We paid $20 at check-out for 3 spa day passes.

When budgeting though, better factor in about another $80-100/day in resort fees, taxes, and tips that don't come out of the breakfast credit.
tobikosan and dpy940307 like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bgriff
I think so. Definitely eligible for Hyatt stay credit. Not sure about any Noir-specific benefits but I've never noticed that I've been shorted any benefits at lower Mlife elite levels when booking through FHR (though most Mlife benefits at lower elite levels aren't directly tied to your hotel room, either).

But, if you are Mlife Noir, for a stay of more than 1 night there's a good chance you have a much cheaper rate available booking direct through Mlife, even if you deducted the full face value of all of the FHR benefits against the higher FHR price.
Not much cheaper. My Noir Rate at Bellagio is $91.25 and $123 on FHR but with a $100 F&B credit.
tobikosan likes this.
Old May 18, 2018, 8:35 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Not much cheaper. My Noir Rate at Bellagio is $91.25 and $123 on FHR but with a $100 F&B credit.
That's a surprisingly modest Noir discount. Have you called to check if you have any individualized offers? I don't know about Noir, but at the lower status levels there is the tier-level discount, which is in the range of the savings you describe above, but then if you gamble regularly -- which I'm assuming you must since AFAIK there is no way to earn Noir other than to gamble a lot -- you have further individualized offers. Personally my actual gambling earns me somewhere in the Pearl to Gold status neighborhood and that's enough for me to pretty much always have a comp room offer for nights where the retail rate would be $123.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:20 pm

deleted duplicate content

Last edited by imhere2stay; Jul 10, 2018 at 1:19 pm
Old May 19, 2018, 10:14 pm

thanks so much!! this has been very helpful. can you talk more about the $40 encore spa day pass? this is the first time I am hearing about it, what does the day pass include?

Thanks!
The day pass got us access to all the areas that do not include treatments. They described these as "wet areas". It included the steam room, hot sauna room, 2 large jacuzzi pools, 2 smaller cool plunges (one at 80 degrees and one at 70 degrees), heated stone lounge chairs and waterfall showers. They even have a chart by the Jacuzzi that instructs you on the order to do everything in if you want to make it a circuit. You also get the use of the regular locker and shower areas. They provide plush robes, slippers, towels, bottled water and all the toiletries you would need. If you were buying a spa treatment, all of this is included in the price of your treatment. But if you want the spa experience without having to pay the high prices, this is the way to go. The pass is good all day so you can leave and come back. It's not coed because it is clothing optional. Two complete spas for men and women. You can bring a swimsuit if you want. Look up reviews for the Encore spa, it's top-notch.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:55 am

Double dip

Hey guys has anyone ever tried booking 1 day using fhr AMEX and booking the 2nd day with chase csr luxury hotel and resort at Bellagio does that work?
Old May 20, 2018, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bgriff
That's a surprisingly modest Noir discount. Have you called to check if you have any individualized offers? I don't know about Noir, but at the lower status levels there is the tier-level discount, which is in the range of the savings you describe above, but then if you gamble regularly -- which I'm assuming you must since AFAIK there is no way to earn Noir other than to gamble a lot -- you have further individualized offers. Personally my actual gambling earns me somewhere in the Pearl to Gold status neighborhood and that's enough for me to pretty much always have a comp room offer for nights where the retail rate would be $123.
As you know everything with Mlife or any players club is gaming based. I didn't do any during the last year so have zero comp offers right now. Just the regular paid rates.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:45 pm

deleted duplicate content

Last edited by imhere2stay; Jul 10, 2018 at 1:20 pm
Old May 21, 2018, 6:52 pm

thanks for the the detailed explanation! One follow up question, you mention it’s not coed, is there any area/pool that me and my partner can go together? Or will we be in separate spas throughout if we were do get day passes? Ideally we’d like to be together. Thanks!
I never saw a place that my husband and I could be together using the day pass. We checked into the spa, went to our separate sides and agreed to meet back at a specific time. There might be some other area I don't know about, like a couples message. But having a little "me" time was refreshing.
Old May 22, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
FYI- I have a FHR booking at Delano coming up in a few days and I wrote the concierge to ask about where the credits were good and whether the breakfast credit had to be used a certain time in a certain place and this was the response:

"Booking through American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts program include with you stay you get a $100 Food and Beverage credit that can be used a multiple restaurants and bars. The credit can be used at both Mandalay Bay and Delano. The places that you can use at the credit at are the following: Minibar, 3940 Coffee & Tea, Aureole, Baccarat Lounge, Bayside Buffet, Beach Grille, Bikini Bar, Delano Beach Club, Della's Kitchen, Evening Call, Eye Candy Lounge, Fleur by Huburt Keller, Franklin, In Suite Dining, Libertine Social, Lobby Bar, Mizuya, Moorea Bar, Orchid Coffee Bar, Orchid Lounge, Rhythm & Riffs, Rivea by Alain Ducasse, Seabreeze Café, Skyfall Lounge, Sports Book Grill, Sports Book Lounge, Starbucks, and Stripsteak by Michael Mina. You would only get one (1) $100 credit per room per stay.

There is no specific time that the breakfast credit has to be used by. You would get a daily $30 breakfast credit per person to used at Della's Kitchen, 3940 Coffee &Tea, and In Suite Dining."

I booked day rate at $79 and $87 a day plus $35 resort and $15 parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.