Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Thanks for the excellent post on your Thanksgiving at DELANO and Bellagio. We stayed at DELANO Friday through Monday on a split FHR reservation. We did switch rooms, but that was to our advantage, as we received a better room for the two night stay. The first night we got the accessible room we booked. While extremely close to the elevators, which was nice traveling with a wheel chair, the bathrooms are greatly diminished in features and function due to the accessible bathtub and shower.

The DELANO FHR letter spells out a list of restaurants where the $100 credit is supposed to be applied, but many of those are closed as they are pool cafes and bars which are not operating during this time, and even the "Raffles Cafe" has been rebranded for sometime as the Seabreeze Cafe. We ended up having dinner at Noodle Bar which is really much more a Chinese restaurant than just a noodle/ramen place, and that was good. We also ate at CITIZENS which is not on the list from the letter, but we did get our comps from there. Both rooms we ran into issues with our keys being deactivated around noon rather than 4pm, even though we asked for a 4pm check-out and even on our last day, I checked at the desk at 10am to be sure the key would still work until 4pm, and they input into the computer, but still, it stopped working in the afternoon. When I went to the invited guest line to have it reprogrammed I was asked who handled my 4pm check-out request, as it appeared not to have been put in the system. Hard to understand why this was such a problem with both bookings, when they knew it was an FHR reservation and reviewed the 4pm check-out feature during check-in.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by abeightol
We checked out of Bellagio that morning around 245pm
Wow, you must have woken late to consider 2:45pm morning...

Great review!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by aceman
As an addendum to my earlier post. I called up FHR UK and they had bellagio down as a hotel, so no idea why it doesn't show up on the online portal.
The Bellagio disappeared from the UK FHR site a couple of years ago. No idea why, and I've asked them about it a number of times. However as per your experiance, no problem booking it over the phone.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by clubman
Wow, you must have woken late to consider 2:45pm morning...

Great review!
guilty as charged!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:54 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Probably a stupid question, but four of us have an upcoming overnight in LAS (ski trip to Mammoth) next month and I am considering using FHR to make a booking.

We will need two rooms (4 adults) -- can I make two bookings with my AMEX and each room will get the FHR benefits or the benefits will only apply to the primary cardholder's room?
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Probably a stupid question, but four of us have an upcoming overnight in LAS (ski trip to Mammoth) next month and I am considering using FHR to make a booking.

We will need two rooms (4 adults) -- can I make two bookings with my AMEX and each room will get the FHR benefits or the benefits will only apply to the primary cardholder's room?
You can get the full benefits on up to 3 rooms at a time per cardholder.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:23 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by bgriff
You can get the full benefits on up to 3 rooms at a time per cardholder.
That is fantastic! So I can just book two rooms under one reservation and we will get $100 credit each room, free breakfast for up to four people, etc?

Sorry new cardholder, but this card is proving to be a very valuable one.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:24 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

That is fantastic! So I can just book two rooms under one reservation and we will get $100 credit each room, free breakfast for up to four people, etc?

Sorry new cardholder, but this card is proving to be a very valuable one.
Yes, that’s correct. Depending how the hotel handles the amenity, you may for example need to ask the breakfast restaurant to split the bill between the two rooms in order to get the 2-person credit from each one, but most restaurants should be able to do that no problem. Just make sure all of your credits have been applied when you check out; at many FHR properties the credits don’t necessarily apply automatically.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 6:37 am

Just booked Bellagio for 1 night via Amextravel under the FHR using my PRG (though I have Plat & Biz Plat). On my PRG I had 2 Amex Offers. First one was spend $500+ on amextravel.com and earn 10k MR. In the terms it said nothing about FHR, though it did say it needs to be prepaid, so that won't trigger right? I also had an offer of spend $500+ get 7.5k MR at MGM but said it needed to be booked through mlife.com, is there anyway I will get either of those offers to trigger?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:04 pm

Yep. Earlier this year for a guys golfing trip, I booked two rooms at Bellagio via FHR. Received the $100 resort credit and the daily breakfast for both rooms.
golfingboy likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
December 2017 - Cosmopolitan/Skylofts at MGM Grand

Just wanted to contribute my experience using FHR for multiple reservations at the end of 2017.

At Cosmpolitan, booked three rooms via FHR (three separate reservations, all done via americanexpessfhr.com). At check-in, used the VIP Lounge (was initially turned away by a guard outside the lounge as he implied the lounge was for Marriott Platinum only - I asked him to double-check with manager and was allowed in). Check-in was as seamless as possible for the three reservations, and was advised of the FHR benefits related to breakfast, spa credits, and late check-out. I was not offered, nor did I mention, any sort of upgrade (I had already booked fountain-view rooms that I was happy with, though any upgrades would have been welcome).

Took advantage of the breakfast credit at the Wicked Spoon each day. As there were 8 of us total (2 being children, though 1 child qualified as an adult), used the "2 per room" breakfast credit each day and the Wicked Spoon staff let us just pay for two child meals, even though one child was slightly older. Appreciated that. Also took advantage of the $100 spa credit per room; the spa staff understood the multiple rooms and worked some billing magic to minimize our out of pocket costs. Also used the VIP Lounge for check-out without issue.

At Skylofts, booked one two-bedroom loft. We were checked in in-loft, and was provided details of the FHR benefits (including that we had been upgraded to a strip-view loft). Took advantage of the late checkout without issue, and used the daily breakfast credit toward breakfast at The Mansion. As always, Skylofts was an out-of-this-world experience and the level of service is simply unmatched anywhere else on the strip, in my opinion. While the rooms may not be as hip as some of those at the Cosmopolitan or Aria Sky Suites, their size, and truly amazing service, make it my go-to.

My only comment to make from this experience is that Cosmopolitan made the billing incredibly complicated. When I booked on americanexpressfhr.com, I was charged the FHR rate for the room immediately on my card (I.E. if each room was lasted as $200 on the FHR site, I received three $200 charges the second I made the reservation). At check-in, I was then charged a "deposit" of an additional nightly rate, plus incidentals, then at check-out, was charged for the room again + additional charges. Once the deposit came off of my pending charges, everything balanced out properly, but the hotel seemed to think that it didn't make sense that American Express FHR had already charged me for the room (again, the charges worked out fine). Skylofts was much simpler as I was charged for the room at time of booking, then at check-out, was only charged for incidentals + additional charges.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:39 am

As others have mentioned, it applies to up to 3 rooms. Stayed at the Bellagio two weeks ago. Had three fountain view rooms booked (all under the same reservation) and all rooms were ready for check-in around 12:50pm, all rooms received the $100 credit, and all rooms received the guaranteed 4pm check-out.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:33 pm

Got a great rate later in Feb at Mandarin mid-week , so grabbed it - base standard room - wiki says upgrades occasionally - any recent experiences? Never stayed there, its just me, and probably just hoping for a strip view - which seems next level up. Also, wiki says room service OK and SPA treatments, any success on using credit at the bar?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:35 pm

Delano Hotel, Las Vegas

Just checked out yesterday from Delano. Booked Strip View King Room.

- Didn't get an upgrade because the hotel was full, but the room is so big so I didn't mind.
- Allowed $60 ($30 per person) in-room dining/Delia's Kitchen credit that can be used the day of checkin at any time (not only for breakfast) and another $60 for breakfast the next day. Tax, delivery fee, and tips are not included. So we ate. A lot.
- $100 F&B credit could be used for all F&B outlets in Mandalay Bay and Delano and in-room dining, and for salon and spa. As usual: tax, deliver fee, and tips are not included
- Received automatic 4pm checkout.

The hotel charges $35 resort fee daily and $12 parking fee, and that's not comped. All in all, this is an amazing hotel and greatest FHR deal in Las Vegas. The hotel doesn't smell of smoke and the lobby has this cool and welcoming vibe. Everybody from valet to room service was really nice. Wife and I will definitely return when we're in town.
SFO 1K likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by koprok
Just checked out yesterday from Delano. Booked Strip View King Room.
Awesome...we are booked here in June as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.