Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:03 pm
BHC

Originally Posted by spectrablue96
I know it was reported back in October about properties changing from $100 F&B credit to Spa credit.

Has anyone confirmed with a recent stay at Bellagio that they have in fact removed the option to have a F&B credit as the Unique Property Amenity?
Now $100 Spa Credit is only option?
Bump, interested in this response as well. Specifically looking to stay at Bellagio via FHR but would like to use Food & Beverage credit instead of Spa.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by BHC
Bump, interested in this response as well. Specifically looking to stay at Bellagio via FHR but would like to use Food & Beverage credit instead of Spa.
The property will not exchange/apply one for the other if that is what you are asking. Spa=Spa and F&B = F&B. A spa credit will not be applied to F&B.

BTW- Harvest restaurant at Bellagio is awesome, best chicken I have ever had in my life.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Have not seen this posted on here, but the Waldorf has apparently increased their credit from $100 to $125 and is now including F&B:

https://milestomemories.boardingarea...egas-amex-fhr/
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Have not seen this posted on here, but the Waldorf has apparently increased their credit from $100 to $125 and is now including F&B:

https://milestomemories.boardingarea...egas-amex-fhr/
Did a search for June 2020 and confirmed this as well - all other hotels did not have this
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Waldorf has apparently increased their credit from $100 to $125 and is now including F&B:
Great news, thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:07 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
DELANO Changes as of Aug 22, 2019: (WIKI updated)

Amenity is $100 spa credit. No longer a F&B credit.

$60 breakfast (daily for 2) is only at Della's - specifically excludes In-suite dining.

Daily $5 wi-fi credit applied to daily resort fee.

source: FHR Welcome Letter at Delano on Aug 22, 2019.

big drop in value for loss of room service and F&B credit.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by BHC
When I log in to Amextravel, I see an offer on Bellagio for $100 F&B in addition to the spa credit. Read the T&C, but it looks like you have to book 2 nights by Aug 31 and stay by Dec 29. Looks like a great deal.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
DELANO Changes as of Aug 22, 2019: (WIKI updated)

Amenity is $100 spa credit. No longer a F&B credit.

$60 breakfast (daily for 2) is only at Della's - specifically excludes In-suite dining.

Daily $5 wi-fi credit applied to daily resort fee.

source: FHR Welcome Letter at Delano on Aug 22, 2019.

big drop in value for loss of room service and F&B credit.
This was a huge disappointment to me as well. Considering that you are being hit with an almost worthless $40/day resort fee, taking the $100 F&B credit just added more to the insult.
I checked out Chase's LR&H collection and found the same price for Delano with the $100 F&B credit. Since there was in essence no difference in the two choices, I reserved with Chase and used Chase CC which comes with better travel insurance.

I guess all the CC companies are going down the tubes, but Citi and Amex are vying for first place.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Am I right in thinking that given the $100 stay credit is a spa credit instead of a food and beverage credit that there is little upside in booking multiple one night stays in this program anymore?

I have four nights in Vegas coming up, thinking about just doing Wynn or Encore for four nights in a row... Any opinion on whether Wynn or Encore side is better (Wynn is about $30 cheaper per night)

Last edited by Adelphos; Sep 5, 2019 at 3:54 pm
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Am I right in thinking that given the $100 stay credit is a spa credit instead of a food and beverage credit that there is little upside in booking multiple one night stays in this program anymore?

I have four nights in Vegas coming up, thinking about just doing Wynn or Encore for four nights in a row... Any opinion on whether Wynn or Encore side is better (Wynn is about $30 cheaper per night)
no value for double dipping like previous if the bonus is spa credit - unless you want multiple spa visits
levilevi likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold

I usually book a lowest Wynn Tower room and have always been upgraded to a Parlor Suite. I like the Wynn Tower as it's right above Tableau for breakfast and steps away from our favorite Pai Gow tables. I don't even know where the regular Wynn checkin desk is!

The spa credit is not great here, I think my wife's last massage was close to $400 once she'd tipped!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
I usually book a lowest Wynn Tower room and have always been upgraded to a Parlor Suite. I like the Wynn Tower as it's right above Tableau for breakfast and steps away from our favorite Pai Gow tables. I don't even know where the regular Wynn checkin desk is!

The spa credit is not great here, I think my wife's last massage was close to $400 once she'd tipped!
For a data point, I had a friend who did this same thing based on my trip last year, he was booked Sat-Wed but was NOT upgraded, just a higher room/view...understandable as it was a long weekend.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by theranj
For a data point, I had a friend who did this same thing based on my trip last year, he was booked Sat-Wed but was NOT upgraded, just a higher room/view...understandable as it was a long weekend.
At this point I am debating between the basic rooms at Encore vs Wynn, not the Tower suite - thinking about Encore as the basic room is better
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA

At this point I am debating between the basic rooms at Encore vs Wynn, not the Tower suite - thinking about Encore as the basic room is better

agree Encore rooms are nicer. Wynn may be more convenient location for some. Can't go wrong with either, IMO.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
agree Encore rooms are nicer. Wynn may be more convenient location for some. Can't go wrong with either, IMO.
This is exactly the trade-off. Personally, I prefer the better location of Wynn, the rooms are plenty big there, I don't *really* need a semi-separate living room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.