FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 21, 20, 2:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 27, 15, 11:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, National EE, Hertz PC
Updated wiki for Wynn/Encore. Stay there usually every three weeks or so. I always book a regular tower suite for myself and have 100% success rate on being upgraded to a parlor suite at both Wynn and Encore. They will not upgrade beyond a salon suite so don't book one expecting to get upgraded to a Villa at Wynn or an apartment at Encore. Once when some family members came to Vegas with us and booked resort rooms through FHR they came with my wife and myself to the Encore Tower Suite Check-in and my wife and myself were upgraded to a parlor and my sisters resort room was upgraded to my previously assigned Tower room. The breakfast amenity is fantastic at $80 per room per morning and I have used it at the buffet during the week and at weekend brunch, Society Cafe, Terrace Point Cafe and also Tableau. We are heading out to Vegas in the morning and unfortunately Wynn was sold out so the wife and I will be doing our first stay at Palazzo under FHR, and will report back.
Old Mar 28, 15, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
I did a july 24-26 booking and got all the way to enter the email address to confirm booking without problems. At what part of the process does your problem arise?
Thanks for your reply. I get the error message on the very final click that confirms the reservation. So the only way someone else could test this would be to make a reservation (and cancel it if they didn't want it). It's very strange that it is working for me in the April time frame, but not in the July time frame (and I'm doing everything else the same).
Old Mar 28, 15, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri View Post
not everyone gambles, and some gamblers pay for expensive rooms/meals
I'm not a big gambling fanatic, I go to club etc.
Old Apr 5, 15, 1:47 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Booked two resort (basic) rooms at the Bellagio through FHR. Received an upgrade to a "suite" that was more of a corner room with a bit more space. The room number ended in 126 and I don't recommend these rooms if you want something closer to the elevators..

For those with upcoming stays, watch out for the Petrossian Bar if you're going to do a room charge. For some reason, their systems have always been down whenever I'm in town which meant I had to pay in cash or have them copy my credit card...
Old Apr 11, 15, 6:15 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
at bellagio now, upgraded to 'junior suite'. No fountain view though.
Old Apr 11, 15, 8:32 pm
Formerly known as cedricgerald

Is it new to have to junior suite upgrade at bellagio ? It used to be indicated better room view only.
Old Apr 11, 15, 10:53 pm

Anyone know the deal for Palazzo for breakfast? Seems to vary a lot over the replies...anybody have up to date info?
Old Apr 12, 15, 2:03 am

Originally Posted by CGRA View Post
Is it new to have to junior suite upgrade at bellagio ? It used to be indicated better room view only.
If the OP is referring to the corner room at the end of one of the hallways, then yes. However, you usually have the option of staying in a partial fountain view room in the Spa Tower as well. Not many people (including myself) like the location of the Spa Tower though.

The B is usually stingy as hell with fountain view rooms in the main tower. If you want a good fountain view then best to book that room category instead of hoping for an upgrade.
Old Apr 14, 15, 3:59 am

Skyloft : Is it now normal that the rate quoted by FHR is the same than on skyloft web site ? IIRC FHR used to be 15% off
Old Apr 15, 15, 7:57 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
Skyloft : Is it now normal that the rate quoted by FHR is the same than on skyloft web site ? IIRC FHR used to be 15% off
Yes, that is the new normal unfortunately. It changed last year if I'm not mistaken.
Old Apr 15, 15, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Universal View Post
Yes, that is the new normal unfortunately. It changed last year if I'm not mistaken.
Thank you for the info
assume it's the same for virtuoso etc
Old Apr 15, 15, 11:19 am
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
Hey guys, I am booked at the Palazzo in May on FHR. What are your experiences with this hotel? Both FHR benefits and general hotel experience.

Thanks
Old Apr 15, 15, 3:24 pm

I just got off the phone with Platinum Travel:

They stated that you get a $30 credit per person to use at the Grand Lux Cafe each day before 10am.
Old Apr 15, 15, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by zaf View Post
Hey guys, I am booked at the Palazzo in May on FHR. What are your experiences with this hotel? Both FHR benefits and general hotel experience.

Thanks
If you plan on shopping a lot then Palazzo is a good choice. You have the Shoppes @ Grand Canal inside the Venetian/Palazzo. You also have the Fashion Show Mall after you cross two pedestrian bridges. Plenty of restaurant choices inside the Venetian/Palazzo as well. I stayed in a Bella Suite and was happy with the room itself. I usually stay at Aria/Bellagio/Cosmo so it was a nice change in atmosphere. If you don't mind the North Strip location then this isn't a bad option. Personally, I try to choose hotels based on their location then their rooms/suites.
Old Apr 17, 15, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
I'm at the Wynn now. Booked a Tower Suite, upgraded to a Parlor Suite. I was also offered a paid upgrade to a Salon Suite for $200 total for 2 nights stay, but who needs 1800 sq ft and a dedicated massage room?

I'll find out at checkout whether the $16/day/device WiFi charge comes off the bill. There is no mention of it in the FHR letter they gave me.

I added the full breakfast location list to the wiki, with opening times. Tableau goes to 11:30am for those that have partied a little late the evening before!

This is my first time at the Wynn, and it is by far the best hotel I've stayed at in Vegas. I've yet to do Four Seasons or Mandarin Oriental, but have done Aria and Palazzo recently.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: