Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:57 pm

Bellagio back-to-backs and Spa credit question

Forgive me if this has been discussed. I don't see it in the Wiki, and I searched this thread and a fair amount of the previous one.

Has anyone had success (thinking of Bellagio specifically - but would be interested in FHR in general, too) with booking one night under one spouse's name and then the next night under the other spouse's name. Maybe an important detail is that we are on the same AMEX Platinum account (my wife is an AU), but not sure if that matters - since AMEX AU cards have different account numbers. But maybe the fact that we have the same last name and home address would be enough to "flag" us.

If this is okay and people have had success doing so, I'm assuming that we shouldn't push it and try to get them to let us stay in the same room (note that we have back-to-back reservations when we check-in)? Should probably err on the side of safety and go ahead and check-out and check-back-in? The reason I ask is that I have booked directly with Bellagio in the past (using their own "food credit" promotion - but not via FHR), with my wife doing 2 nights (the requirement for their food credit) and then 2 nights under my name. In that case, I did mention it at check-in and they allowed us to stay in the same room and made sure we got both food credits. But it wasn't as lucrative as the FHR credits.

I'll throw out one other question while I'm here. Does anyone have any "great ideas" for reasonably good-value uses for the $100 spa credits at the other Vegas hotels? I'm thinking of something along the line of a massage (couples?) or facial - something that my wife would enjoy (probably wouldn't be interested in a haircut - as I've seen many people mention). Preferably something not too much more than $100, to get as close to full benefit out of the $100 credit.

I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk. You may find this thread helpful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-question.html
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by srodr
I just got this email from Amex, so apparently Olives is back on the list for the $100 credit at Bellagio.

"It is my pleasure to provide you with the following details regarding your dining reservation to Fix. I hope you have a wonderful evening at this popular restaurant and a great time in Vegas. I have checked and the locations the $100 credit can be used at are Fix, Olives, Jasmin, Michael Mina, The Buffet, Caffe Belligo and Sensi."
Blargh I am here now and on the letter I received and also upon calling to double, check - this is the list:
The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Jasmine, Michael Mina, Lily, Petrossian, Sensi, Pool Cafe

and none are open for lunch
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by agentq
Blargh I am here now and on the letter I received and also upon calling to double, check - this is the list:
The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Jasmine, Michael Mina, Lily, Petrossian, Sensi, Pool Cafe

and none are open for lunch
Emphasis Mine

The Buffet and Cafe Bellagio most certainly are open for lunch, as, I would hope is the Pool Cafe (subject to seasonal fluctuations).
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to FlyerTalk. You may find this thread helpful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-question.html
Thanks, Mia! I did find some helpful information in there, but: a) a lot of it is fairly dated and/or conflicting, b) I'd still love to know anyone's personal experience with this in Vegas hotels (especially Bellagio), and c) would still love any insights/input on good spa "values" for the $100 credits at any Vegas FHR hotels. Thanks again!
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:15 pm

Breakfast in room

Does anyone know whether Bellagio allows the breakfast benefit to be used for room service?

MIA: maybe add to the wiki on each property what is permitted for breakfast redemption as in buffet, room service, continental only etc?

just a thought
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:23 pm
mia

Originally Posted by bizorbetter
MIA: maybe add to the wiki on each property what is permitted for breakfast redemption as in buffet, room service, continental only etc?
Excellent idea, but at this point NO ONE has contributed any content to the Wikipost. To be sure there is no misunderstanding, any member who can see the [Edit] button in the lower right corner of the Wikipost can edit every unlocked Wikipost on Flyertalk. Please don't wait for someone else to do it.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Excellent idea, but at this point NO ONE has contributed any content to the Wikipost. To be sure there is no misunderstanding, any member who can see the [Edit] button in the lower right corner of the Wikipost can edit every unlocked Wikipost on Flyertalk. Please don't wait for someone else to do it.
i will add the Bellagio after my trip next week if someone else hasn't done so by then

tx
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
Emphasis Mine

The Buffet and Cafe Bellagio most certainly are open for lunch, as, I would hope is the Pool Cafe (subject to seasonal fluctuations).
sorry wasn't clear - I was referring to the "nicer" restaurants - Michael Mina, etc. You are of course, correct.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Minor nit, but maybe someone wants to update the Wiki to show that Wynn is Spa, not F&B? I would do it myself, but I don't have an edit link - probably due to being a newbie.

I think I've seen this elsewhere, but I assume that if you stay one night via FHR you do not get breakfast on both the check-in and check-out day (probably only the check-out day). I guess to even possibly get it on the check-in day, they'd have to let you check-in before noon. Is there any standard to how hotels (although I assume it varies) define "breakfast" from a timing perspective, especially if they just give you a $60 (like Bellagio) or $80 (like Wynn) food credit. For example, if you go to the buffet, I assume you need to get in by the time they switch the price to the lunch pricing (even if that's 10:30am). But do they base it off of the time of your order or what you order (off the menu) at non-buffet restaurants (or room service)?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:24 pm
mia

Originally Posted by marshdom
Minor nit, but maybe someone wants to update the Wiki to show that Wynn is Spa, not F&B?
Thank you. I have made the correction. Members may edit Wikiposts after 90 days -and- contributing 90 posts.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by marshdom
I think I've seen this elsewhere, but I assume that if you stay one night via FHR you do not get breakfast on both the check-in and check-out day (probably only the check-out day). I guess to even possibly get it on the check-in day, they'd have to let you check-in before noon. Is there any standard to how hotels (although I assume it varies) define "breakfast" from a timing perspective, especially if they just give you a $60 (like Bellagio) or $80 (like Wynn) food credit. For example, if you go to the buffet, I assume you need to get in by the time they switch the price to the lunch pricing (even if that's 10:30am). But do they base it off of the time of your order or what you order (off the menu) at non-buffet restaurants (or room service)?
In my experience, on maybe 10 FHR stays at Bellagio, I have always been able to use my "breakfast" coupon at Cafe Bellagio or The Buffet regardless of the time of day. It has a cash value, so that value is applied to the check. They have guests from around the world and someone else's "breakfast" time might be 2am. Coupons gladly accepted.

Similarly, I have used coupons upon arrival to cover what effectively is my lunch on day of check in and not used them on the day of check-out due to an early flight out of town.

Specific to Bellagio, I have found things to be very liberal with regard to the Breakfast Coupons.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:30 am

I have also always been able to use my breakfast coupon at The Buffet any time of day.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:42 pm

can we use any of the breakfast coupon or $100 F&B at Jasmine Sunday Brunch? Also are they worth it?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 5:50 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Delta Gold, Alaska Air MVP Gold
Just stayed at Bellagio for 3 nights.

1. As far as back to back bookings. My husband and I always do this. I book the first night, he books 2nd night, I book third and so on. Downside is switching rooms each night, but with the 4 pm checkout and noon check in. Never really a problem. I'm guessing if you try to combine the reservation it might be problematic. The check in agent mentioned I was coming back 2 nights later. I smiled. He knew what we were doing, but didn't care one bit. I actually asked Amex a few years ago if alternating nights with a supp holder was allowed and they said yes it was. However, like anything else if you flaunt it to the hotel you might get spanked (not literally).

2. Breakfast vouchers say not able to be used for room service. They work all day / night in the Bellagio Cafe. They accept them 24 hours.

3. $100 food credit (or spa, but didn't use the spa) works just fine and will cover a good portion of dinner for 2 at the restaurants. Olives is NOT listed as one of the restaurants it can be used at. I didn't ask either. I asked about using it at Prime and was told no.

4. Booked a basic room all nights. 1st night got a junior suite, but they're on the corners of the building so it's a long walk from the elevators. 2nd and 3rd night was upgraded to a fountain view room. Those are nice rooms. Junior suite is bigger with a jacuzzi tub, but too far away from the elevators.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.