Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ajhun9
Also, regarding the $80 breakfast credit, is it limited to one charge per day, or is it an aggregate per day? For example, can I buy coffee early morning and then full breakfast later on and have them both covered if under $80 together?

Thanks!
This is a good question. Since the locations are limited for where the breakfast credit works, you won't be able to get coffee just anywhere. I can imagine a Room Service coffee order followed by breakfast at one of the specified restaurants being credited up to the entire FHR value of $40 per person.

I'm usually struggling to make it to breakfast before the cutoff time, so I'm unlikely to find this out on my own stays!

Try it and let us know how that works out!
Old Aug 10, 2015, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AmEx Plat, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Looking at using FHR for an Encore stay. There aren't any Encore Tower suites listed on the site, although the direct website has them. Has anyone gotten upgraded from the standard Encore room?

Also, regarding the $80 breakfast credit, is it limited to one charge per day, or is it an aggregate per day? For example, can I buy coffee early morning and then full breakfast later on and have them both covered if under $80 together?

Thanks!
howdy, I actually found myself in this same situation a couple weeks ago and posted some thoughts on one of the previous pages (12 or 13). I ended up calling up FHR and they had me book the wynn king tower suite, then FHR called up Wynncore and got it changed over to an Encore Tower Suite. I was charged a new deposit, but haven't gotten any confirmation that I'm actually confirmed for the Encore. I tried emailing Wynn/Encore, but haven't gotten ANY response yet which is kind of annoying. If I don't hear anything by the end of the week I'll just go back to FHR and see if they can get things done.
But I guess to answer your initial question, you seemingly CAN book Encore TS through FHR, but you'll have to call up FHR and probably book the Wynn and they'll call the resort themselves to get it switched over. The FHR assistant said she would switch my reservation under My Trips as well, but that also didn't happen. The only real evidence I have that it worked is that the first night deposit for Encore TS was $10 more than Wynn, and I was charged that. But if you're asking whether you can book a regular Encore room and get upgraded into the Tower Suites, that is unlikely.

Funny how the extra charge is the one thing that went through without a hitch, huh

update: got my confirmation from the Encore confirming the Tower Suite reservation there at the price expected. So if you want to do the Encore Tower Suites instead of Wynn, call up FHR and do it that way. Be ready to book the Wynn Tower King, and then have them call Encore. You might also be able to do this yourself without using FHR too.

Last edited by mooses; Aug 10, 2015 at 7:50 pm
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:51 pm

coffee

Looking at using FHR for an Encore stay. There aren't any Encore Tower suites listed on the site, although the direct website has them. Has anyone gotten upgraded from the standard Encore room?

Thanks!
If that helps, Tower suite guests get free coffee in the downstairs lounge. I think it was 7am to 8:30am or some early time like that.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:54 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
If you are DOING IT RIGHT :
Early morning coffee =
flip flops and shorts (or a bathrobe) and t-shirt, go down to the nearest dice table (easy at Encore), buy in for a few benjis and enjoy some coffee/cappuccino and perhaps a glass of Champagne or sparkling wine while waking up in The Vegas.... playing a nice morning game of craps.

And, you are a GS member, sheesh. No wonder I never "hang out" with United folks. (joke)
Old Aug 13, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
And, you are a GS member, sheesh. No wonder I never "hang out" with United folks. (joke)
These days, i'm downright embarrassed to be associated with United. What a terrible travel summer with them!

To follow up, I finally got around to calling Amex and they were able to call over to the Encore and pull an Encore Tower King for me while i waited on the phone. Took about 5 minutes to get it confirmed. Now on to hoping that I'm not the first one on this board to not get the Parlor upgrade.

Thanks to everyone for your help!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:48 am

24 hours later and no confirmation from Amex, nothing on my account online. Only a charge on my cc for the first night. This part of their process really needs to be fixed.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:24 am
Original Poster

24 hours later and no confirmation from Amex, nothing on my account online. Only a charge on my cc for the first night. This part of their process really needs to be fixed.
Agree -- my FHR res still says wynn twr king, but what I did was e-mail the Wynncore directly and had them send over my confirmation. That email says Encore Tower King with the appropriate price (which was, importantly, lower than Wynn's). I figure between those two I'm safe. As I mentioned earlier, it took them a while to respond at the Encore, which was kind of a bummer. Guess I'm spoiled by the M.O.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 5:22 am

Programs: DL, MR, SPG, UR, HH, UA, LUV
I've checked in early at the Wynn and Encore, coming off red eye flights. Just call the hotel ahead of time and ask about it. I've done this three times and both the Wynn and Encore never had an issue accommodating me.
I successfully checked into the Wynn at 8:22am on a FHR reservation.

Also - the rooms in the Wynn have recently been refurbished. They looked new. The Encore has completed their refurbishment up to the 28th floor.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:58 pm

Just got back from my Encore FHR stay. All went well. A letter explaining the amenities was provided at check-in (although comp wifi was not listed). Upgraded to parlor suite.

All breakfast charges taken off at check-out, $100 spa credit applied and wifi comped without my asking.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Just got back from my Encore FHR stay. All went well. A letter explaining the amenities was provided at check-in (although comp wifi was not listed). Upgraded to parlor suite.

All breakfast charges taken off at check-out, $100 spa credit applied and wifi comped without my asking.
Did they say there was a breakfast $$ limit? Were you able to use it anywhere?
Old Aug 25, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by mooses
Did they say there was a breakfast $$ limit? Were you able to use it anywhere?
The wiki for this thread has the $ amount ($80) and locations for breakfast - including room service. You get a letter detailing these when you check in.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CRAZ8
The wiki for this thread has the $ amount ($80) and locations for breakfast - including room service. You get a letter detailing these when you check in.
yeah I have read the wiki, but places change policy all the time and I like to make sure everything stays current.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:30 pm

The letter at check-in detailed where I could use it and their respective hours and also said there was a $40 limit per person per day.

I didn't get around to having two separate breakfast charges in a single day so unfortunately no data on that to share.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 3:37 pm

yeah I have read the wiki, but places change policy all the time and I like to make sure everything stays current.
Good point. I've added a date to the Wynn info to show the last time someone confirmed it as current.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator observation

yeah I have read the wiki, but...
Posts will receive more useful replies if the poster mentions what he or she already knows. Summarizing the research already done provides context for a question.

Last edited by mia; Aug 25, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.