Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 9:36 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by GatorBlues

2. Can two separate FS spa credits from two rooms be combined so that my wife can apply them both to a single spa session?
I agree with Yahtzee on point 1 & 3. But point 2, since you mention children above, shouldn't be an issue if you are paying for both rooms.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:48 pm
zaf

Programs: HH Gold VIP, BonVoy Gold, BAEC Gold, AmEx Platinum, Visa Infinite
In regards to the Wynn / Encore $80 breakfast credit: any luck with using it for pool bar or any other restaurants at the Wynn/encore?
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by zaf
In regards to the Wynn / Encore $80 breakfast credit: any luck with using it for pool bar or any other restaurants at the Wynn/encore?
Take a look at the Wiki for this post. The FHR letter lists where Breakfast can be eaten, and I updated the Wiki with this info in April
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 am

Does anybody have recent experience of whether the Bellagio charges resort fees on FHR bookings?

Although a frequent visitor to Vegas my next trip will be my first using FHR. At no point during the booking process (via UK Amex Plat website) were resort fees mentioned, including in the T&Cs. However previous posts seem to suggest that resort fees are charged, at least at the B.

While I think resort fees are a pain and should just be rolled into the headline rate I don't have a problem with them as long as they are explicitly referenced before booking, but that wasn't my experience with this booking.

I'm curious whether others have had resort fees charged and if so, whether they have been able to get them waived on the basis of not being disclosed during booking, or any other basis for that matter (discreet $20s aside).

On a general note this is a great forum and thread in particular, thanks for everyone's very helpful contributions.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by djmoody
Does anybody have recent experience of whether the Bellagio charges resort fees on FHR bookings?
Welcome to Flyertalk. Scroll back to read posts 78-80, and also 170.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk. Scroll back to read posts 78-80, and also 170.
Thanks.

Yes I saw those which obviously suggest that they will try to charge resort fees, but then 170 indicates the reservation system listing it explicitly, which the Amex site most definitely doesn't currently (at least not the UK site).

My stay is in October, I will report back with my outcome. Hopefully even if they try they will see sense after some gentle push-back.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 10:08 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
Thanks.

Yes I saw those which obviously suggest that they will try to charge resort fees, but then 170 indicates the reservation system listing it explicitly, which the Amex site most definitely doesn't currently (at least not the UK site).

My stay is in October, I will report back with my outcome. Hopefully even if they try they will see sense after some gentle push-back.
You will be charged resort fees.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:07 am

Thanks Universal. Sounds like I will have to do some sweet-talking and keep my fingers crossed.

I have another question relating to upgrades and bed choices.

I am travelling with a friend and therefore we require two beds. The only option which guarantees two beds is the Resort Queen Room and I assume the most we could expect as an upgrade from this is the Fountain View. However this is in the Spa Tower and I'd prefer not to be in there.

I could switch the booking to a Fountain View for a negligible amount in the hope of an upgrade to a Deluxe Fountain View, however this comes with a couple of risks:

- only getting one bed, or
- getting two beds but no upgrade and hence being in the Spa Tower after all.

So my question is (and I realize this might be hard to answer with any certainty or even accuracy), how likely do you think we would be to receive an upgrade from Fountain View to Deluxe Fountain View given our two bed requirement? We are arriving on a Monday (which hopefully should help a lot), though in the evening.

One other thought - if I were to book a Fountain View and they weren't even able to provide two beds at that level, do you think they might trade a downgrade to Resort Queen for some extra F&B credit?

Thanks for any input anyone might be able to give.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Visa Signature, SPG Gold
Thanks Universal. Sounds like I will have to do some sweet-talking and keep my fingers crossed.

I have another question relating to upgrades and bed choices.

I am travelling with a friend and therefore we require two beds. The only option which guarantees two beds is the Resort Queen Room and I assume the most we could expect as an upgrade from this is the Fountain View. However this is in the Spa Tower and I'd prefer not to be in there.

I could switch the booking to a Fountain View for a negligible amount in the hope of an upgrade to a Deluxe Fountain View, however this comes with a couple of risks:

- only getting one bed, or
- getting two beds but no upgrade and hence being in the Spa Tower after all.

So my question is (and I realize this might be hard to answer with any certainty or even accuracy), how likely do you think we would be to receive an upgrade from Fountain View to Deluxe Fountain View given our two bed requirement? We are arriving on a Monday (which hopefully should help a lot), though in the evening.

One other thought - if I were to book a Fountain View and they weren't even able to provide two beds at that level, do you think they might trade a downgrade to Resort Queen for some extra F&B credit?

Thanks for any input anyone might be able to give.
Arriving on a Monday helps quite a bit. I would have AMEX contact the hotel on your behalf a few days before arrival to explain the scenario and give the hotel your preferences.

The hotel will have more F&B leeway if you are a gambler, but I'm guessing you probably aren't if you are using FHR.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 4:06 pm

I booked two rooms at the Bellagio through FHR online. I later called Amex travel to see if they could have my rooms connecting and so they called Bellagio. After a quick 5 minute wait, they told me they will put in my request even though it is not guaranteed and it is up to Bellagio to have availability on that day of check-in. The booking is for early October.

I know it's Bellagio's decision and not Amex's, but I was hoping Amex could pull some strings. Maybe my expectations are just too high for FHR? I'd honestly take the connecting rooms over the $100 credit, room upgrade, and free breakfast for 2 daily. Anyone know what my chances of connecting rooms are? They are just typical resort rooms.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Bellagio

Stayed on a Friday night in July. Used invited guest line to check in. Asked agent to add my Mlife platinum and Hyatt diamond numbers to reservation. Booked resort room king and was upgraded to fountain view king on 26th floor. Nice room and one of my favorite views. The hotel FHR letter describes the $100 credit as if it can only be used as a spa credit OR a F&B credit. The check-in agent said it can be used for both which was my intention. I spent $40 at the spa for day use, $40 at dinner buffet and another $10 at the pool bar and those charges were removed at checkout. I spent another $10 at a gift store and that was not removed. So the $100 credit can be used for spa plus F&B charges, not just one or the other. Also received 2 $30 breakfast vouchers. I used one at breakfast buffet and another at Palio for snacks to take with me. The staff at Palio did not care if it was "breakfast" hours or if I bought "breakfast" items. I've stayed here a few times and enjoy the pool area plus the gym and spa. Staff are always friendly. The dinner buffet at Caesars is much better IMO. Good value booking a room for $218 that includes $100 credit plus $60 in breakfast vouchers. I also paid the resort fee of $29 plus tax. Taxi from hotel to airport was $12.61. Taxi from airport to hotel was $17.50 which included $2 airport fee.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
I am staying at the Palazzo (and Wynn) in a few weeks. I see breakfast times for the Wynn in the wiki. Does anyone know if there are restrictions to the breakfast time at the Palazzo?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by smitty06
I am staying at the Palazzo (and Wynn) in a few weeks. I see breakfast times for the Wynn in the wiki. Does anyone know if there are restrictions to the breakfast time at the Palazzo?
Just stayed there last week. According to the letter about the benefits, it's good at the Grand Lux cafe until 11 am.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by eeeee
Just stayed there last week. According to the letter about the benefits, it's good at the Grand Lux cafe until 11 am.
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to use it later in the day as I have an early meeting and wont return until noon. I wonder if they have take out.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Couple of Encore questions

Looking at using FHR for an Encore stay. There aren't any Encore Tower suites listed on the site, although the direct website has them. Has anyone gotten upgraded from the standard Encore room?

Also, regarding the $80 breakfast credit, is it limited to one charge per day, or is it an aggregate per day? For example, can I buy coffee early morning and then full breakfast later on and have them both covered if under $80 together?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.