FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019)

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 21, 20, 2:52 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: mia
Wiki Link
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE
Current (2020) thread is HERE

FHR properties in other cities are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
    • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
      • Daily breakfast for two people
        • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

ARIA Sky Suites
Upgrades: typically to a better view
Breakfast: room service, buffet or cafe, $30 per person, per day
$100 Spa: covers spa treatments (no longer includes salon)
$5.60 resort wifi fee taken off per day

Bellagio
Upgrades: one level typical; sometimes Junior Suite (really just a corner room with a little more space)
Breakfast: 2 X $30 credits per day; Cafe Bellagio, The Buffet, Palio, Cafe Gelato or Pool Cafe
$100 Property Credit - Dining: The Buffet, Cafe Bellagio, FIX, Harvest, LAGO, Lily Bar, Jasmine, Michael Mina or Petossian Bar. Spa or Salon services - no merchandise.

Four Seasons
Upgrades: typically one level
Breakfast: room service or Verandah - $60 a day
$100 Spa: Expensive services doesn't get you far.

Mandarin Oriental
Upgrades: occasional
Breakfast: room service or MOzen, enough to cover std breakfast ($30 per person) but they will charge for excess
$100 Spa: can be used treatments but also just about covers two day passes to the very cool spa
Wifi: $5.00 plus tax of the resort fee is refunded

Palazzo
Upgrades: Strip View
Breakfast: $65 total/day at Grand Lux Cafe (any time) or Room Service
$100 Spa: Not valid for express service, specials, or spa passes (changing to $100 Property credit for all booking starting 2020)

Skylofts at MGM Grand
Upgrades: rare
Breakfast: in room or at The Mansion; no apparent cap
$100 Spa:

Wynn - April 2016
Upgrades: Usually to higher floor if you book resort room and to the next room category in the tower if available if you booked a Tower Suite.
Breakfast: $60 ($30 per person) at any restaurant that serves breakfast including the buffet. Also covers in-room breakfast.
Note:Resort fees are no longer waived for Tower Suites customersWynn
The Buffet - 8-11
Tableau - 7-11:30
Terrace Point Cafe - 6-11
In Room - 5-11

Encore
Lobby Bar and Cafe - 6-11
Jardin - 7-11:30
In Room - 5-11
$100 Spa: Can be used at Wynn or Encore Spa, or either resort's Salon.
$18.99/device/day internet charge removed from bill
If selecting the basic internet charge (May 2017), $5/day is deducted from the resort fee.

Delano - Aug 2019
FHR amenity is $100 spa credit, excludes salon services (e.g. haircut), merchandise, and products.
Spa adds a 20% service fee on all services.
Daily $60 ($30 x 2 people) credits only for Della's (open 6am-2pm)
Room service specifically excluded.
Resort Fee: $41.95 plus tax, minus a $5 wifi credit (about $40 total)

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 21, 15, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Bellagio Suite - 6 nights - rate was lower than players discount by a buck or two per day not factoring in the food vouchers.

VIP check in apparently coded - Found that out after standing in the invited guests line for 10 minutes (players club uses that line normally).

Thats a first for me with just a Suite. Maybe FHR did it as I normally don't use FHR unless close and have never been sent there for that room.

$30 per person credit - can use pretty much anytime though at Cafe and a few other places. Most days used one for breakfast with Mrs. and the other for late lunch/early dinner.

$100 credit (said it would be applied at end of stay, somehow it got added to my express comps balance...so I just had them apply to bill either way same thing)

Early in (Used it at 11:45am)
Late out (don't use this as I leave at 4am usually).

Since you never really know where you were and are with respect to upgrade I don't really care as long as I get the room I want. 32nd floor main tower Mountain View (I requested that since the shooters and super shooters of fountain can wake me up when taking 'naps' and since not sleeping past 6am I need my 'naps' for late night)

Anyway, even though I know credits cover tips, they apparently only charged my room for anything over $60 which was $1.19 one time when we had desert.
Old Jun 22, 15, 4:19 pm

This is not about Vegas FHR, just FHR in general, since I can't find an FHR thread. How does complimentary 3rd night work? When I try to book something with complimentary 3rd night, the bill still charges for all three nights. Will I get reimbursed later?
Old Jun 22, 15, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL, MR, SPG, UR, HH, UA, LUV
My plane gets into Vegas before 8AM. Any advice as to which Vegas FHR hotel might give me a very early check in? Thank you!
Old Jun 22, 15, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic
Originally Posted by agp423 View Post
This is not about Vegas FHR, just FHR in general, since I can't find an FHR thread. How does complimentary 3rd night work? When I try to book something with complimentary 3rd night, the bill still charges for all three nights. Will I get reimbursed later?
The charge for the last night is removed at checkout.
Old Jun 22, 15, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by LadyNOLA View Post
My plane gets into Vegas before 8AM. Any advice as to which Vegas FHR hotel might give me a very early check in? Thank you!
SLS or Trump I would guess.
Old Jun 22, 15, 10:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; SPG Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
The charge for the last night is removed at checkout.
Make sure to check the bill during checkout that the breakfast/$100 credit/free nights are applied correctly.

My last FHR stay I had to explain to the desk personnel what FHR was, and that I had a free night. Their manager fixed it in 2 minutes, but it would have been harder to do later
Old Jun 23, 15, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by LadyNOLA View Post
I've checked in early at the Wynn and Encore, coming off red eye flights. Just call the hotel ahead of time and ask about it. I've done this three times and both the Wynn and Encore never had an issue accommodating me.
Old Jun 27, 15, 12:31 pm

Has anyone had a hotel not honor the $100 food/beverage/spa credit if only staying for one night?
Old Jun 27, 15, 9:07 pm

Has anyone had a hotel not honor the $100 food/beverage/spa credit if only staying for one night?

Yes. Numerous times.

Oh -- missed the "not". Never had an issue getting it.

Last edited by Yahtzee; Jun 28, 15 at 12:27 pm
Old Jun 27, 15, 9:17 pm
Formerly known as cedricgerald

Never happened to me so far
Should be easy to fix
Old Jun 27, 15, 9:38 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
Bellagio Suite - 6 nights - rate was lower than players discount by a buck or two per day not factoring in the food vouchers.

VIP check in apparently coded - Found that out after standing in the invited guests line for 10 minutes (players club uses that line normally).

Thats a first for me with just a Suite. Maybe FHR did it as I normally don't use FHR unless close and have never been sent there for that room.

$30 per person credit - can use pretty much anytime though at Cafe and a few other places. Most days used one for breakfast with Mrs. and the other for late lunch/early dinner.

$100 credit (said it would be applied at end of stay, somehow it got added to my express comps balance...so I just had them apply to bill either way same thing)

Early in (Used it at 11:45am)
Late out (don't use this as I leave at 4am usually).

Since you never really know where you were and are with respect to upgrade I don't really care as long as I get the room I want. 32nd floor main tower Mountain View (I requested that since the shooters and super shooters of fountain can wake me up when taking 'naps' and since not sleeping past 6am I need my 'naps' for late night)

Anyway, even though I know credits cover tips, they apparently only charged my room for anything over $60 which was $1.19 one time when we had desert.
You got the comp. round-trip limo transfer to the airport right?
Old Jun 28, 15, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee View Post
Yes. Numerous times.

Oh -- missed the "not". Never had an issue getting it.
Originally Posted by CGRA View Post
Never happened to me so far
Should be easy to fix
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some minimum stay requirements, since I'm only staying for one night.
Old Jun 28, 15, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp View Post
You got the comp. round-trip limo transfer to the airport right?
I always rent a car, so never even ask.
Old Jul 1, 15, 11:53 pm

Botched FHR reservation?

I made a reservation for the Bellagio yesterday and it never showed up on My Trips and I never received a confirmation email from Amex. But today I got the deposit charged by the hotel, so I called Amex and the rep couldn't find the reservation. He called the hotel and they had it, so he asked them to email me the confirmation. He assured me that it was an FHR reservation. I now got the email and it doesn't mention anything about FHR, but it mentions checkout at 11am.

Has anyone ran into an issue like this before? I will call Amex again tomorrow (too tired now), but I don't want to arrive there to find out I didn't get any of the benefits.
Old Jul 2, 15, 4:57 am

Programs: DL, MR, SPG, UR, HH, UA, LUV
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion View Post
I've checked in early at the Wynn and Encore, coming off red eye flights. Just call the hotel ahead of time and ask about it. I've done this three times and both the Wynn and Encore never had an issue accommodating me.
Thank you! I booked the Wynn!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: