FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   FHR Experience Las Vegas Hotels only (2015 - 2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1646682-fhr-experience-las-vegas-hotels-only-2015-2019-a.html)

Tibs Jun 21, 2015 12:33 pm

Bellagio Suite - 6 nights - rate was lower than players discount by a buck or two per day not factoring in the food vouchers.

VIP check in apparently coded - Found that out after standing in the invited guests line for 10 minutes (players club uses that line normally).

Thats a first for me with just a Suite. Maybe FHR did it as I normally don't use FHR unless close and have never been sent there for that room.

$30 per person credit - can use pretty much anytime though at Cafe and a few other places. Most days used one for breakfast with Mrs. and the other for late lunch/early dinner.

$100 credit (said it would be applied at end of stay, somehow it got added to my express comps balance...so I just had them apply to bill either way same thing)

Early in (Used it at 11:45am)
Late out (don't use this as I leave at 4am usually).

Since you never really know where you were and are with respect to upgrade I don't really care as long as I get the room I want. 32nd floor main tower Mountain View (I requested that since the shooters and super shooters of fountain can wake me up when taking 'naps' and since not sleeping past 6am I need my 'naps' for late night)

Anyway, even though I know credits cover tips, they apparently only charged my room for anything over $60 which was $1.19 one time when we had desert.

TOMFORD Jun 22, 2015 4:19 pm

This is not about Vegas FHR, just FHR in general, since I can't find an FHR thread. How does complimentary 3rd night work? When I try to book something with complimentary 3rd night, the bill still charges for all three nights. Will I get reimbursed later?

LadyNOLA Jun 22, 2015 4:42 pm

My plane gets into Vegas before 8AM. Any advice as to which Vegas FHR hotel might give me a very early check in? Thank you!

Yahtzee Jun 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by agp423 (Post 25011257)
This is not about Vegas FHR, just FHR in general, since I can't find an FHR thread. How does complimentary 3rd night work? When I try to book something with complimentary 3rd night, the bill still charges for all three nights. Will I get reimbursed later?

The charge for the last night is removed at checkout.

Yahtzee Jun 22, 2015 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by LadyNOLA (Post 25011378)
My plane gets into Vegas before 8AM. Any advice as to which Vegas FHR hotel might give me a very early check in? Thank you!

SLS or Trump I would guess.

CRAZ8 Jun 22, 2015 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee (Post 25011828)
The charge for the last night is removed at checkout.

Make sure to check the bill during checkout that the breakfast/$100 credit/free nights are applied correctly.

My last FHR stay I had to explain to the desk personnel what FHR was, and that I had a free night. Their manager fixed it in 2 minutes, but it would have been harder to do later

eccentricfusion Jun 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by LadyNOLA (Post 25011378)

I've checked in early at the Wynn and Encore, coming off red eye flights. Just call the hotel ahead of time and ask about it. I've done this three times and both the Wynn and Encore never had an issue accommodating me.

TOMFORD Jun 27, 2015 12:31 pm

Has anyone had a hotel not honor the $100 food/beverage/spa credit if only staying for one night?

Yahtzee Jun 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by agp423 (Post 25035629)
Has anyone had a hotel not honor the $100 food/beverage/spa credit if only staying for one night?

Yes. Numerous times.

Oh -- missed the "not". Never had an issue getting it.

CGRA Jun 27, 2015 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by agp423 (Post 25035629)

Never happened to me so far
Should be easy to fix

Jimgotkp Jun 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Tibs (Post 25004994)
Bellagio Suite - 6 nights - rate was lower than players discount by a buck or two per day not factoring in the food vouchers.

VIP check in apparently coded - Found that out after standing in the invited guests line for 10 minutes (players club uses that line normally).

Thats a first for me with just a Suite. Maybe FHR did it as I normally don't use FHR unless close and have never been sent there for that room.

$30 per person credit - can use pretty much anytime though at Cafe and a few other places. Most days used one for breakfast with Mrs. and the other for late lunch/early dinner.

$100 credit (said it would be applied at end of stay, somehow it got added to my express comps balance...so I just had them apply to bill either way same thing)

Early in (Used it at 11:45am)
Late out (don't use this as I leave at 4am usually).

Since you never really know where you were and are with respect to upgrade I don't really care as long as I get the room I want. 32nd floor main tower Mountain View (I requested that since the shooters and super shooters of fountain can wake me up when taking 'naps' and since not sleeping past 6am I need my 'naps' for late night)

Anyway, even though I know credits cover tips, they apparently only charged my room for anything over $60 which was $1.19 one time when we had desert.

You got the comp. round-trip limo transfer to the airport right?

TOMFORD Jun 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Yahtzee (Post 25037022)
Yes. Numerous times.

Oh -- missed the "not". Never had an issue getting it.

Originally Posted by CGRA (Post 25037045)
Never happened to me so far
Should be easy to fix

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't some minimum stay requirements, since I'm only staying for one night.

Tibs Jun 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp (Post 25037094)
You got the comp. round-trip limo transfer to the airport right?

I always rent a car, so never even ask.

scuac Jul 1, 2015 11:53 pm

Botched FHR reservation?

I made a reservation for the Bellagio yesterday and it never showed up on My Trips and I never received a confirmation email from Amex. But today I got the deposit charged by the hotel, so I called Amex and the rep couldn't find the reservation. He called the hotel and they had it, so he asked them to email me the confirmation. He assured me that it was an FHR reservation. I now got the email and it doesn't mention anything about FHR, but it mentions checkout at 11am. :mad:

Has anyone ran into an issue like this before? I will call Amex again tomorrow (too tired now), but I don't want to arrive there to find out I didn't get any of the benefits.

LadyNOLA Jul 2, 2015 4:57 am

Originally Posted by eccentricfusion (Post 25016699)
I've checked in early at the Wynn and Encore, coming off red eye flights. Just call the hotel ahead of time and ask about it. I've done this three times and both the Wynn and Encore never had an issue accommodating me.

Thank you! I booked the Wynn!