Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Concierge: What have they done for you?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 3:05 pm

I am going to Washington DC next week. I contacted Amex Plat Concierge in January. They were able to secure reservations to Minibar (for requested date/time), Pineapples and Pearls (requested date but not time), and Tour de Jose (for requested date/time). They were not able to get reservations for Komi because it was on their do not call list. They made no mention about the partnership with Think Food Group so I am not sure if we are going to get anything special.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Langham Voyager
Just was able to have Concierge secure a Friday night reservation at Girl and The Goat in Chicago with 9 days notice, which is unheard of for Girl and The Goat. They generally book up a year in advance for their weekend slots, so I'm thrilled.

Last edited by ORDAAFlyer296; May 21, 2019 at 1:06 pm Reason: clarity
Old May 21, 2019, 3:08 pm

Hope you enjoy it, I was really underwhelmed. Enjoyed publican (and their casual spot, publican quality meats) much more, but perhaps I just was there on an off night.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: *A G, HHonors Gold, Marriot Gold, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by JFSV
Not sure the UK Platinum team has an actual email for concierge queries. They do send you reservation confirmations by email but not sure they monitor further replies to that account. Perhaps someone else can confirm?
They do. [email protected]
Old May 23, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by itsilyas
Thanks. But do they actually receive (and action) requests from this email address? If yes, how do they run their security checks to make sure you are who you are claiming to be, etc?

Based on my prior experience, when I have done booking through UK Platinum Concierge, I ask them to confirm the reservations by email and they do so. But that is about it as it relates to email communications. Maybe your email channel works though and I have just never seen it before !
Old May 23, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: *A G, HHonors Gold, Marriot Gold, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by JFSV
Thanks. But do they actually receive (and action) requests from this email address? If yes, how do they run their security checks to make sure you are who you are claiming to be, etc?

Based on my prior experience, when I have done booking through UK Platinum Concierge, I ask them to confirm the reservations by email and they do so. But that is about it as it relates to email communications. Maybe your email channel works though and I have just never seen it before !
No problem! They have your email on file, and don’t do much verification before sending you flight quotes or restaurant suggestions, for example. I’ve booked flights only via email, and on the last step, right before payment they call me and ask for the security info and ask if they can charge the platinum account.

I do think that replies through email take a little longer than expected, and can take up to 3 days. It may be better to just call up to begin with.
Old May 23, 2019, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by ORDAAFlyer296
Just was able to have Concierge secure a Friday night reservation at Girl and The Goat in Chicago with 9 days notice, which is unheard of for Girl and The Goat. They generally book up a year in advance for their weekend slots, so I'm thrilled.
AMEX has a partnership with Stephanie Izard, so they have preferred access to reservations.
rasheed and ORDAAFlyer296 like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Dill Restaurant

About a month ago, I tried booking Dill, a Michelin-starred restaurant in Reykjavik. I contacted the AMEX concierge, who, after investigation, said that Dill would not take reservations that far in advance. They offered to reconnect with Dill when the booking period opened. I gave them our desired date and time. Recently got an email from the concierge with the desired reservation, my first success using the concierge.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I left my laptop at security in Shenzhen while groggy during a BKK-PEK-SZX-JNB itinerary. Didn't realize until I got to my hotel in Johannesburg. NO ONE at SZX speaks a lick of English, I don't speak Mandarin and Air China could not have been less interested in helping. Concierge contacted the airport got a translator, tracked down the laptop, got them to confirm based on a description that it was mine, negotiated with the airport, prepped letters to provide the airport authorities and provided me with everything necessary. Turned these docs over to a friend in HKG who took the train to SZX and picked up the laptop for me. Was an astounding feat and one that will make me loyal to AMEX for life. Figured I'd never see that laptop again.
mia, Statman, levilevi and 11 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:19 pm

china

family member had a tricky legal issue in china and amex helped them get in touch with the right people

Last edited by kcihtred2; Jan 17, 2022 at 12:06 pm
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I left my laptop at security in Shenzhen while groggy during a BKK-PEK-SZX-JNB itinerary. Didn't realize until I got to my hotel in Johannesburg. NO ONE at SZX speaks a lick of English, I don't speak Mandarin and Air China could not have been less interested in helping. Concierge contacted the airport got a translator, tracked down the laptop, got them to confirm based on a description that it was mine, negotiated with the airport, prepped letters to provide the airport authorities and provided me with everything necessary. Turned these docs over to a friend in HKG who took the train to SZX and picked up the laptop for me. Was an astounding feat and one that will make me loyal to AMEX for life. Figured I'd never see that laptop again.
Considering what the MSS likely loaded on the laptop in your absence, I'd probably have left it with them.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by kcihtred2
not myself in particular but my Aunt. She was in China adopting a little girl. She had the girl but couldn't go through with it because of some real-life stuff that had come up. She didn't know who to call. She called Amex and got the return of the child and all the paperwork covered.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AMEX Plat
Got me a reservation at Zahav in Philadelphia, with a few weeks notice - a very tough get!! Took a few days - agent told me from beginning that Zahav was not great about even answering the phone. Zahav is part of global dining, so apparently they hold a table and I was lucky enough to get it. Dinner was really awesome. There was a parting gift as well. Set of condiments, one of my colleagues took them.

Michael Solomonov, the chef, also handles cuisine at the Philadelphia Centurion lounge.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: Amex Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Apparently you all have a different concierge than I do... 1) called them for help to find a hotel while driving in Ireland, no help; 2) made reservations at China Chilcano twice, no "special in-restaurant experience"; 3) tried to find a reservation at a restaurant during christmas eve, nothing; 4) tried to find tickets for a sold out concert, they went into reseller website (something that I could've done). Maybe I am not that big of a spender for them to care... LOL! The other benefits of this cards are good, though.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Globalist
The concierge was able to secure a reservation at Chez Panisse when we requested a date greater than 30 days in advance. When we requested reservations closer in, they were always unsuccessful (although quite nice about it). We could have tried ourselves exactly at 9am on the appropriate date, but it was very nice to hand the process over to someone else. All communications with the concierge were positive - particularly the confirmation email, which was quite effusive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.