Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Concierge: What have they done for you?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I have never considered using them, but a few months ago I was chatting with a fellow who has an Amex platinum card, who told me about his trip to Rome a while back and how impressed he was that they were able to plan a such a mindblowingly awesome vacation for him.

He was flat out raving.
@Points Scrounger. Do you remember what he used them for? We are heading to Rome in March and I've been reading about how challenging it can be to get Coliseum tour tickets for the english language tours and was wondering if he used them for that or was it just restaurant reservations? I'm new to the card and could assemble a list of items (Vatican tour, train tickets for Pompeii, etc..). I could also do all of that myself if I'm going to have provide nearly as much information to the the concierge versus just booking directly. Outside of the aforementioned Coliseum tickets.
lax01 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Illini_Fan
@Points Scrounger. Do you remember what he used them for? We are heading to Rome in March and I've been reading about how challenging it can be to get Coliseum tour tickets for the english language tours and was wondering if he used them for that or was it just restaurant reservations? I'm new to the card and could assemble a list of items (Vatican tour, train tickets for Pompeii, etc..). I could also do all of that myself if I'm going to have provide nearly as much information to the the concierge versus just booking directly. Outside of the aforementioned Coliseum tickets.
​​​​​​It wasn't just tickets, or restaurant reservations, or something simple like that. The rep put together an itinerary that had a lot of unique, not so touristy content which the guy felt really made the trip special.
Statman and Illini_Fan like this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by jaundicedave
Concierge was able to get reservations for dinner at El Celler de Can Roca for a trip in October. Quite pleased.
Incredible dining experience and the wine list is second to none. They have coveted wines for way under market prices. They have two menus, a classic and seasonal. We chose the seasonal and by the end of the night were kicking ourselves for not getting two reservations for our stay in Girona.

Someone mentioned Tickets, and while interesting, it's not a must visit imo. We had two reservations for our stay and canceled the second. The dishes were dated and not really memorable, tasty, or thought-provoking. After spending 300 euros on food and another 100 on wine we were still hungry, but opted to leave. We left not because of the price, but by that point we were bored with the food. I regret not getting reservations to Disfrutar instead.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Too_Fly1
Incredible dining experience and the wine list is second to none. They have coveted wines for way under market prices. They have two menus, a classic and seasonal. We chose the seasonal and by the end of the night were kicking ourselves for not getting two reservations for our stay in Girona.

Someone mentioned Tickets, and while interesting, it's not a must visit imo. We had two reservations for our stay and canceled the second. The dishes were dated and not really memorable, tasty, or thought-provoking. After spending 300 euros on food and another 100 on wine we were still hungry, but opted to leave. We left not because of the price, but by that point we were bored with the food. I regret not getting reservations to Disfrutar instead.
Great timing - our meal is tomorrow! Beyond excited.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:40 pm

Hadn't even though of using Plat Concierge for our trip to Italy in November....I just sent the team an email
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime GLD, SPG Lifetime GLD
@lax01 If you don't mind, I'd love to know what you requested of them and if they were able to help. Enjoy your trip.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:35 pm

@lax01 If you don't mind, I'd love to know what you requested of them and if they were able to help. Enjoy your trip.
I kept it pretty basic since I don't know what information they need and I figured they send back a list of questions for me to answer...this was pretty much the exact email I sent:

Hi Platinum Concierge,

I've been told that the Platinum Concierge team has created great itineraries for couples traveling in Italy. I was wondering if you could share some suggestions for the following dates and locations. We already have air travel and hotel accommodations planned and reserved so we are looking for restaurants and attractions (mix of touristy and non-touristy would be great). Would you also be able to potentially reserve us train tickets between these destinations (or does it make more sense to get those on the ground)?
  • Rome: Dates
  • Florence: Dates
  • Modena: Dates
  • Siena: Dates
  • Rome (again): Dates

Please let me know if you have any questions about our trip and thank you for any assistance you can provide!
That's it...will respond back here with what they say...
Illini_Fan likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:03 am

What's is their email? After reading so many interesting requests I came up with my own! Although seems like 5 minutes of googling would do the job.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Green_eyes
What's is their email? After reading so many interesting requests I came up with my own! Although seems like 5 minutes of googling would do the job.
[email protected].
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Quick shout out to the concierge for all their help in planning a ten-day Greece trip for me. I had flights/hotels booked and they did everything else. They booked great restaurants in each location, hotel transfers to and from the airport/port on each island, a tour guide through our hotel in Athens, and a dune buggy rental on one of the islands. The key is specificity and guidance in your emails, and providing them with permission to use your info and permission to make a backup plan if the first thing you want isn't available. Overall (granted there are exceptions), it's generally less about the specific things they can achieve for you, and more about the efficiency with which they can achieve it relative to you spending your own time to do it. Particularly as relates to international trips I have found that they are invaluable for connecting with local locations overnight (due to time differences) and in places where websites aren't an option (calling restaurants in Japan for me, for instance).
mia, Statman, Green_eyes and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
Quick shout out to the concierge for all their help in planning a ten-day Greece trip for me. I had flights/hotels booked and they did everything else. They booked great restaurants in each location, hotel transfers to and from the airport/port on each island, a tour guide through our hotel in Athens, and a dune buggy rental on one of the islands. The key is specificity and guidance in your emails, and providing them with permission to use your info and permission to make a backup plan if the first thing you want isn't available. Overall (granted there are exceptions), it's generally less about the specific things they can achieve for you, and more about the efficiency with which they can achieve it relative to you spending your own time to do it. Particularly as relates to international trips I have found that they are invaluable for connecting with local locations overnight (due to time differences) and in places where websites aren't an option (calling restaurants in Japan for me, for instance).
Did you book the flights and hotel on the Amex platform, or completely independently? Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:54 am

My experience with PC: requested where to buy good quality tea next to the hotel in Guangzhou and also kids bath robes. Reply received withing 2 days with excellent suggestions. Now they are working on finding a place to celebrate NYE in Costa Rica town. That takes them a bit longer but I am curious to see waht they come up with!
Old Oct 22, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 747FC
Did you book the flights and hotel on the Amex platform, or completely independently? Thanks.
All flights booked independently, and all hotels save one were booked independently as well. I used AmEx points to pay for one of the stays. But all that to say, the concierge was fantastic in that the trip wasn't really a revenue generator for AmEx and they still went above and beyond. I also found this to be the case with a similar situation last year on a trip to Japan where most of the hotel and flight booking was done independently by me using my own points.
747FC and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:52 pm

AMX concierge quite literally cost me $700 by clearly telling me there was no such thing as dynamic Ticketmaster pricing. Ended up buying P!nk tickets via Ticketmaster not knowing any thingt about Platinum dynamic pricing
Couldn't make the event and wasn't even able to sell these Tix per their rules. Ticketmaster pointed finger at AMX and vice versa. Of course neither stepped up and I ultimately got screwed. So much for calls being monitored for quality.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 4:16 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Hey guys, can someone pm me the U.K. platinum Amex concierge email address please?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.