Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Concierge: What have they done for you?

Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Amex can no longer inquire about items at Hermes. I was hoping they could check the location by my office so I could pop in to pick up a gift and was told they are not allowed to contact Hermes at all anymore. This was a request for a common item, not a Birkin or kelly
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:39 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by floridagal23
Amex can no longer inquire about items at Hermes. I was hoping they could check the location by my office so I could pop in to pick up a gift and was told they are not allowed to contact Hermes at all anymore. This was a request for a common item, not a Birkin or kelly
That's stupid. They called Sears for me, you'd think they could call Hermes! I wonder if Hermes said something to AmEx?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:55 pm

Strange...was this for a H bracelet?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by United747
That's stupid. They called Sears for me, you'd think they could call Hermes! I wonder if Hermes said something to AmEx?
I totally get that they shouldn't be contacted for birkins, kelly, special order items but the message from Amex said: Hermes’ policy states that they do not releases information to 3rd parties as they prefer to work directly with the client.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:02 pm

I totally get that they shouldn't be contacted for birkins, kelly, special order items but the message from Amex said: Hermes’ policy states that they do not releases information to 3rd parties as they prefer to work directly with the client.
I've had a hotel concierge specifically offer to call Hermes and see if they had what I wanted (tie) when I mentioned I was going there. This was just earlier in the year.

Last edited by United747; Aug 19, 2016 at 4:02 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers
Strange...was this for a H bracelet?
Not even. Wanted to pick up a scarf for a gift and was also going to ask whether they had a particular color evelyne in stock so I could use it this weekend v ordering online. This is usually a common bag and easy to find so it wasn't as though I was asking for a super coveted item.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:04 pm

I've had a hotel concierge specifically offer to call Hermes and see if they had what I wanted (tie) when I mentioned I was going there. This was just earlier in the year.
We have had hotel concierges do the same before (for rare pieces) which is why I am so puzzled.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:06 pm

We have had hotel concierges do the same before (for rare pieces) which is why I am so puzzled.
I'm tempted now to have them call the Chicago store for me. Maybe when I'm back next week...
Old Aug 22, 2016, 12:00 am
formerly leemaj

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Originally Posted by crazytravelguy
Amex has never been able to get my reservations at the House of Prime Rib in SF. Tried multiple times.

Also tried Alexander's Steakhouse in Cupertino.
Amex seems to be worse at House of Prime Rib than me going on Open Table and finding a reservation for the day I wanted.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 2:06 pm

I'm tempted now to have them call the Chicago store for me. Maybe when I'm back next week...
Let me know if you have any luck.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:11 pm

Let me know if you have any luck.
I used the text AmEx concierge and they happily called the Chicago store for me and checked inventory and gave me prices on two things.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:10 pm

Cdn Plat here, and I mostly use concierge for tough to get restaurant reservations in the US. They've been able to book most of the 3-star Michelins in NY (Per Se, EMP, Daniel, Le Bernardin, Masa) - weren't able to get Chef's Table at Brooklyn Fare (had to go through other means for that one), and Jean Georges (as someone mentioned) was fairly easy on my own. Also got Sushi Nakazawa Fri evening rez at sushi bar for me 2 years ago when it first opened and it was impossible to get.

They were also able to get TFL in Yountville through Amex, as well as Alinea and Grace in Chicago.

I've only tried once re: show tickets (Hamilton in NY), but they weren't able to get. Not sure if US Plat Concierge is different, but I asked the Canadian one quite specifically what their process was for tough-to-get show tickets (ie. do you get put in a queue based on how early you call, etc.), and there was no system at all. Basically, they have a list who want tickets, those names get divvied up to those working the day tickets are released (in no particular order), and then they just try and get tickets and go down their own list. Seemed very inefficent / disorganized, and not a good system for particularly difficult-to-get tickets.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:29 am

Sweet! Just scored 4 ticket to Hamilton in NY at $199/seat in the orchestra section. No fees, tickets sent UPS free.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Troopers
Sweet! Just scored 4 ticket to Hamilton in NY at $199/seat in the orchestra section. No fees, tickets sent UPS free.
Is there an AmEx presale for them?

Last edited by United747; Sep 25, 2016 at 9:40 am Reason: Stupid iPhone
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:42 am

Is there an AmEx presale for them?
I think so, or Amex has an reserved an allotment of seats. Feb to Aug.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.