Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Concierge: What have they done for you?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2018, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
FWIW, if you have access to Amex or Visa concierge through any means, the City Guides are pretty similar for both. (At least, the type and depth of content is. The formatting/look is very different.) If folks want a sample of a City Guide, just shoot an email to the concierge and tell them you're visiting St. Louis or something and want a City Guide. It seems that they pull them off a shelf and can turn them around within a day or so.

Doesn't solve the problem for folks who don't yet hold a card with a concierge service, but this would be the interim solution for anyone who does, IMO.
747FC likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPLT
I was a proponent of the city guides, but I just got some for a trip I’m taking to New Zealand next year. This batch was pretty disappointing compared with what I’d received in the past.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by T. Sanderson
I was a proponent of the city guides, but I just got some for a trip I’m taking to New Zealand next year. This batch was pretty disappointing compared with what I’d received in the past.
I often requests the city guides since it's convenient to have a PDF with me when I travel.

However, I just assume that the content is from some sort of guide book that concierges uses. Nothing you can't get from a helpful book or website.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SP03
.... from some sort of guide book that concierges uses. ...
Copyright holder is Northstar Travel Media. They have many businesses and websites. I thought I might find a sample of the report that American Express is buying, but the closest I have found is this one, which is a different concept:

7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise and shore excursions- 5/27/16 - 6/04/16- Prepared for Jane Traveler- Courtesy of First Last, Your Company Name
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:19 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
After Nobu pulled some shenanigans, the Amex Concierge team magic'd up a table for us at our preferred time at one of our favorite restaurants. I looked at making a reservation myself through OpenTable before calling Amex, and there was no reservations available within a few hours of the time they found.

Two thumbs up for the Amex team.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 6:31 pm

Anyone know if the concierge team you reach via chat in the app different from the email team and the phone team?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by ferric
Anyone know if the concierge team you reach via chat in the app different from the email team and the phone team?
Should be the same with the same resources. Have noticed chat is faster than email
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:30 am

Concierge was able to get reservations for dinner at El Celler de Can Roca for a trip in October. Quite pleased.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
New York restaurants

Has anyone had any experience using Platinum concierge when booking restaurants in New York we are going over Christmas and want a few specific restaurants most seem only bookable one month before. Would the concierge be able to secure us a table before This time so we can make sure we get a table. We are thinking of restaurants like NoMad
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by robiles
Has anyone had any experience using Platinum concierge when booking restaurants in New York we are going over Christmas and want a few specific restaurants most seem only bookable one month before. Would the concierge be able to secure us a table before This time so we can make sure we get a table. We are thinking of restaurants like NoMad
I have, with some success. If you call before the 30-day window opens, they will do what they can to be in touch with their contact at the restaurant before booking opens or on the day booking opens. In my experience they aren't able to confirm ahead of the booking window opening, but you will hear back on the day the window opens or the following day. They may not always be able to book the exact time you want so it is helpful if you can be flexible. I have had the best success when I give them a few options to look into for a booking.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jaundicedave
Concierge was able to get reservations for dinner at El Celler de Can Roca for a trip in October. Quite pleased.
I think Amex holds a table daily at this particular restaurant - I was also able to secure a booking last year, for various dates, although I ended up changing plans and going somewhere else.

Enjoy though!
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:52 am

Any Barcelona / Sitges restaurant recs since we are talking about Spain?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:55 am

Tickets in Barcelona is still one of my all time favorite meals.

Originally Posted by Brian Chen
Any Barcelona / Sitges restaurant recs since we are talking about Spain?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:42 pm

Not a big help

So with a week and a half notice they could t get into Polo Bar in NYC, Daniel or Gothom Bar and Grill. They can’t get me on list for 1 Oak or 8pm tickets to Hamilton.

Basically no better than using the Open Table app or Stubhub. Don’t get the Platinum because of this service
Old Sep 4, 2018, 8:11 am

To be fair Polo Bar is incredibly exclusive and Hamilton tickets have sold in the the thousands. Even my friends who are insiders in the broadway community had to pull strings for me to see it. Surprised that they weren't helpful for 1 Oak /Daniel/Gotham, that should be pretty easy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.