Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2015, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of a discussion which started HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Concierge: What have they done for you?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
They got me reservations for valentines day at Canlis, the fanciest restaurant in Seattle (well, maybe second fanciest).

I asked back in December for them to get the reservation, and they reported back that Canlis doesn't accept reservations until a month out. They said they'd call on Jan 14th. I completely forgot about it.

Lo and behold, on the 14th I get a mail from the concierge. We're booked.

Could I have done this myself? Sure. Was I happy to avoid the hassle? Yep.

Neil
Old Jan 17, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
They got me reservations at the French Laundry on the first try for the date and time I wanted. The two times I tried with Visa concierge, they only got my 3rd option date.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
They've booked a Sweet Sixteen High Tea function at the Plaza Hotel in NYC for my daughter's birthday celebration
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
I was right! Circles is no longer American Express' concierge provider. Concierge is now contracted through Aspire Lifestyles.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by JAGMAP
I was right! Circles is no longer American Express' concierge provider. Concierge is now contracted through Aspire Lifestyles.
How recent was the switch? Anyone noticed any difference in service/ability?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:53 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by gooselee
How recent was the switch? Anyone noticed any difference in service/ability?
They seemed to do a pretty good job for a valentine's day reservation. Person I texted with said that she talked with the managers at two restaurants I gave her and got me a time I could not get on my own at both of them. But then again, I have heard/seen the same from Circles.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, A3-Gold, HHonors-Gold, Marriott-Gold
I realize this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know how to dial the extension to reach a specific concierge? I was given the extension and asked to return a call. But I cant figure out what number to dial before inputting the extension...
Old Feb 11, 2015, 11:18 pm

My experience with Aspire so far has been mixed. Concierges aren't as intuitive, bright or open minded as Circles. When I ask for something, I don't want to be told "they've never done this before."

When I give them a roadmap of options on how to possibly execute, I'm told "we'll do everything given the tools at our disposal."

Seriously

When I bought a car in Australia and expected to drive off the lot, but was told buying a vehicle was a 2 week process, Circles called the dealership and coordinated a complimentary loaner.

When I wanted to sail aboard a sold out Quantum of the Seas cruise, but had my reservation lost in an IT glitch...Circles contacted the head of AX Travel and RCCL's executive office.

When I got rid of my Personal Platinum card, Circles migrated my profile and preferences to my Business Platinum without a fuss. Disappointedly, my profile, preferences and history weren't transitioned.

Anywho, that's the bar, Aspire Lifestyles. You can do it!
imnotalawyer likes this.

Last edited by JAGMAP; Feb 12, 2015 at 4:09 am
Old Feb 12, 2015, 7:38 pm

My experience has been worthless. I am better of researching on the internet, paying the hotel staff, etc. The reservations have never worked out for me in NY or London.
crisdean and adrianelvn like this.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:39 am

Leaving my original post but I've been threadcrapping! I have an email from September 4 from an Aspire concierge. I thought the transition was in November-December!

So Quantum of the Seas story was Aspire, not Circles.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:38 am

With the right expectations going in, I've been happy with Circles. Interestingly, I just had the occassion to engage Plat Concierge via email to gather some city guide, hiking maps, helicopter tour info, etc for an upcoming HNL/LIH trip.

Sent in request by email - told them no rush, take time and would appreciate some thorough research.

City guide which were pre-printed of course came within 12 hours. Hiking and helicopter tour pricing/options/routes came a day later - but the attachment for hiking was a city guide for LAX, helicopter tour options/pricing was cursory info at best.

I'll hop on the phone this weekend (figure easier to communicate the correct info I need on phone, not email) and try to clarify - but seemed like a little lack of attention to detail - again, I know its always a function of *who* you get to do the work, not the company itself, but hope Aspire works a little harder.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:12 pm

Just noticed that my Gold status on my SPG account had dropped off so I shot an e-mail to Amex Plat concierge with all of my details thinking it'd be a fairly easy thing for them to fix. All I get back is the following standard form letter. Annoying.

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your recent request on your account. In order to ensure that the best person works on your request, please contact American Express Customer Service. They will be able to provide answers and information on your account.

You can reach Customer Service by calling 800-345-2639 and then pressing 4 at the prompt.

Regards,

Platinum Requests
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:19 pm

Concierge can't handle that issue because they're not American Express. They want you to call because they conference in SPG to confirm you're a Platinum cardholder.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:45 pm

Unsurprisingly, I've had better luck with the Visa Signature concierge. Although I've had the occasional hiccup with VSC as well.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPLT
I had them put together some guides for new cities. Reasonably good info in there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.