Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedSun
I would keep my faith with the "no life time language". We all know of AmEx's life-time bonus policy. AmEx can also change the policy any time it wants.

But there are exceptions. You'll have to call in to understand the offer and SUB policy.
There is absolute no need to call if you receive the targeted offer without the lifetime exclusion language. The bonus is all handled automatically by the system based on the offer codes which are different from the Public Offer.

Originally Posted by RedSun
Sure certainly you can dis-agree. I received the offer on AmEx BGR offer without the once lifetime language. Called the application line to apply. I was told I had the BGR opened two years ago (though I never received the SUB) and I would not receive the SUB. I told them about the offer and it was still no-go. The BGR is one of the "once lifetime" cards.

Then I contacted AmEx through a different channel. I stated that I opened the BGR by mistake before, closed and never received the SUB. Then I received special individual offer on the BGR. Regular CSR would not do.

I would not want to play the "once life" game and risk of spending $5,000 or $7,000 and get empty handed. But if this is $1,000 spending, you sure can try. Wish the best luck of it.
By the way, AMEX exclusion is not based on receiving bonus before - it is based on whether you have same product before. Therefore explaining your "mistake" in opening the BRG in the past, has absolute no bearing.

For the record, this is the 2nd targeted offer on the PRG I have gotten. Definitely received bonus on the first targeted offer which came about 2 or years after I canceled the 1st PRG and the lifetime exclusion was already in effect. This one came after I canceled the 2nd BRG in Mar 2017.

I also received second DL bonus thru targeted offer as recently as 4th quarter 2017.

What you need to be very careful is to read through all the T&Cs because the language may be hidden in the dense text and not prominently displayed at the top in bold, right above the T&Cs.
Just click open any clickable links to make sure the exclusion does not show up then you are good to go.

Another way is to compare your targeted offer code versus the public offer code - they definitely are different - that is how the system differentiates whether you get the bonus or not.

Never ever call to clarify anything as it has well documented all over net that bonus will be awarded on Targeted Offer without lifetime exclusion language. AMEX has started the targeted offer strategy for several years now. There are even discussions here and there about HOW to generate an AMEX Targeted Offer so to be able to get repeated bonus.

Last edited by Happy; May 13, 2018 at 6:23 pm
Old May 13, 2018, 6:26 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Happy
There is absolute no need to call if you receive the targeted offer without the lifetime exclusion language. The bonus is all handled automatically by the system based on the offer codes which are different from the Public Offer.

By the way, AMEX exclusion is not based on receiving bonus before - it is based on whether you have same product before. Therefore explaining your "mistake" in opening the BRG in the past, has absolute no bearing.

For the record, this is the 2nd targeted offer on the PRG I have gotten. Definitely received bonus on the first targeted offer which came about 2 or years after I canceled the 1st PRG and the lifetime exclusion was already in effect. This one came after I canceled the 2nd BRG in Mar 2017.

I also received second DL bonus thru targeted offer as recently as 4th quarter 2017.

What you need to be very careful is to read through all the T&Cs because the language may be hidden in the dense text and not prominently displayed at the top in bold, right above the T&Cs.
Just click open any clickable links to make sure the exclusion does not show up then you are good to go.

Another way is to compare your targeted offer code versus the public offer code - they definitely are different - that is how the system differentiates whether you get the bonus or not.

Never ever call to clarify anything as it has well documented all over net that bonus will be awarded on Targeted Offer without lifetime exclusion language. AMEX has started the targeted offer strategy for several years now. There are even discussions here and there about HOW to generate an AMEX Targeted Offer so to be able to get repeated bonus.
Very interesting. I look forward for my 3rd and 4th 100k MR targeted offers.... Wish me the luck...
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received ANOTHER targeted offer without restrictive language while am working on the MSR on the first targeted offer.

Different invitation code and offer code, expiration July 27th (the previous one on June 1st). Could not understand why I keep getting the PRG offers while husband has not ever received any but he got much better offers on DL Gold cards while mine were crummy.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Received ANOTHER targeted offer without restrictive language while am working on the MSR on the first targeted offer.

Different invitation code and offer code, expiration July 27th (the previous one on June 1st). Could not understand why I keep getting the PRG offers while husband has not ever received any but he got much better offers on DL Gold cards while mine were crummy.
I got a targeted offer without restrictive language by email a couple of times now, and when i login to a couple of my Amex accounts it shows the same offer also without the restrictive language, but it shows as Pre-approved, while the email says ( pre-selected or invited to apply), i have been also targeted in the last couple of months and was pre approved for a business gold ( applied and approved in June) and business blue ( applied and approved in July), am i pushing my luck if i apply for a 3rd card (PRG) in 3 months with Amex? i had the PRG and business gold before and was very excited to get the offers again without the language. any thoughts are appreciated.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:28 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ninim2200
... pushing my luck if i apply for a 3rd card (PRG) in 3 months ...
Discussion here:

Only 3 Amex card applications allowed in 90 days? [USA]
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:33 am

So, a couple of months ago I received the targeted 50k offer without the lifetime language under my offers on the web site. I got the card, and I'm actually still working on the $2000 spend. Now I see the same offer appears again under my offers. Is the consensus here that I can get another PRG card now and get the 50k on that one too?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by UserMark
So, a couple of months ago I received the targeted 50k offer without the lifetime language under my offers on the web site. I got the card, and I'm actually still working on the $2000 spend. Now I see the same offer appears again under my offers. Is the consensus here that I can get another PRG card now and get the 50k on that one too?
can’t you just apply and see if bonus message appears?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:02 am

Doesn't the incognito offer have the lifetime language?
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyershmlyer

can’t you just apply and see if bonus message appears?
Yes. I just wanted to see if anyone has experience with this situation.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Doesn't the incognito offer have the lifetime language?
It does. But my offer is after logging in, in the section with the other Amex Offers.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:51 am

It does. But my offer is after logging in, in the section with the other Amex Offers.
Yeah, sorry. I clearly misread your OP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.