Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:16 am

Applied today through link on first page. I used Firefox in Private Mode on a Macbook. The first offer I saw was for 50,000 this way.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:20 pm

I just finished applying for 3 new cards in the beginning of March including a Hilton Amex, bringing me to a total of 3 Amex cards now. Should I bother applying or wait? What say ye'? I was able to get the 50K offer to pop right up...So I am very tempted...
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:59 pm

Time to get 50 k posted to account?

How long after spending the 1000$ did it take the points to be posted to the account? Also, when I log into the account it doesn't say anything about the 50k, should I be worried?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I may eventually switch this over to a HK gold card, but one thing I really enjoy with amex is the in house easy claims for warranty protections, CS etc. Does anyone know how good the CS is for amex in other countries or the non-in house insurance provider "ACE Insurance Limited" Amex HK uses for claims ease of use?

Last edited by HGHUA; Apr 8, 2015 at 9:25 am
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:46 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by gakgx6
How long after spending the 1000$ did it take the points to be posted to the account? Also, when I log into the account it doesn't say anything about the 50k, should I be worried?
I believe the sign up bonus may actually post to your account as soon as you hit the spending threshold. (Whereas the actual points earned will post as "pending" upon the closing of your statement and not become available until the statement thereafter.) And no, you won't see any mention of the sign-up bonus when you log into your account.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 11:26 am

Will loading $1000 on serve card with this amex card count towards minimum spending requirement? I know that it won't earn points.

Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:42 pm

Today i got the same offer in the mail. Sounds like a great deal!

However, I got my amex platinum 1 week ago, with the 100,000 bonus points offer.

Will I now be able to make use if this offer?
Old Apr 8, 2015, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA DL
Signed up for this offer and instantly approved ^. Now waiting for 100k plat offer.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Thino
...Will I now be able to make use if this offer?
Yes
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:45 pm

Thanks a ton, worked on the first try.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
Yes
Worked indeed. Very nice to have two of these offers in two weeks
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Is 50k a good offer? How often do the 75k (or other) offers come along?
How does this compare with SPG sign-up bonuses?
Are there referrals for sign up?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:20 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Jlove
The standard SPG offer is 25,000 Starpoints. Once a year it is 30,000.

Look for referrals here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...e-posting.html

...but most likely the referral offers will be for a lower bonus.

This card will be refreshed in June. It is possible that American Express will have a better offer then. It's also possible that they will figure that the improved benefits make a lower offer sufficient.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-2015-a.html
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:20 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Jlove
Is 50k a good offer? How often do the 75k (or other) offers come along?
75K offers do come up occasionally on the business version of this card, but AFAIK this is about as good as has ever been seen on the personal version. And IMO with the upcoming changes to this card, it is no longer as interchangeable with the business card (especially since this card will now effectively have a $95 annual fee after the airline fee credits, while the business version is still $175).

Hard to compare to SPG, and depends what you want ... if you want to redeem for SPG hotels, then the SPG sign-up (usually around 25K) is about as good as you're going to get; personally I would never recommend transferring MR points to SPG points at 3:1, even if you're just making use of a big sign-up bonus. If you want to transfer either MR points or SPG points to airline miles, then this is better, assuming you want to transfer to an airline that partners with MR. If you want to transfer to an airline like JAL or Alaska that partners only with SPG, then SPG is your only real credit card option.

Referrals are occasionally available on some Amex cards, though generally not in combination with these higher bonuses for the person receiving the card.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Thanks, mia and bgriff, for the fast, and informative, replies!

I was confused when I noticed the referrals for the lower sign up bonuses. Just wanted to give a FT referrer a chance for a referral bonus, and make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.