Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:00 am

Originally Posted by Electroman
That's true of Chase Freedom; I'm not sure about the Everyday.
The points earned on Everyday card are added to the pool of MR points, with one-month lag.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:33 am

Has anyone had luck with getting a 75k offer? I got the 50k to show up in Chrome after 2 tries.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:41 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mia
1.19.2015 Applied
1.22.2015 Purchased airline tickets
1.25.2015 50,000 bonus points posted
When you applied through Incognito, on the app page, did it still say on side: If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by elg26
When you applied through Incognito, on the app page, did it still say on side: If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
I can't confirm for him, but it still had that language for me. I have Green, Plat and a few others, but have never had Gold.

Charges posted for me on 1/26, bonus posted today (was never pending)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Yes, but I no longer saw the red notice, "You have been identified..."
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by mia
Yes, but I no longer saw the red notice, "You have been identified..."
Got it....me neither.... just double checking....thanks

One other question....once approved will it automatically link with my other Amex cards online? Or do I have to do it manually? And should I?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:36 am

"If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you."
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...will it automatically link with my other Amex cards online? Or do I have to do it manually? And should I?
I do. American Express knows all about you when you provide your Social Security number.

Originally Posted by Kadence
"If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you."
Question? This wording has appeared in American Express online offers for several years. It will not prevent you from obtaining a new account bonus if you follow the procedure explained in the previous posts.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I do. American Express knows all about you when you provide your Social Security number.

Question? This wording has appeared in American Express online offers for several years. It will not prevent you from obtaining a new account bonus if you follow the procedure explained in the previous posts.
So I was approved.... So its now ok to "Add card to an existing account" online?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
So I was approved.... So its now ok to "Add card to an existing account" online?
I logged in and added my new card to my existing online profile after I received the card. Just figured there was less chance of messing up.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Ritz-Carlton, Amex PRG, Citi DC, Cap 1 QS, Discover It
I applied and was approved for the card on 1/20/15. Received card on 1/23/15 - made my first/minimum spend purchase on the same day. Once the transaction posted, I saw 50K MR points posted (not pending).

I did have an AMEX Plat card when I applied. I applied in the incognito tab. I did confirm with the AMEX CSR that I was signed up for the offer. I put my PRG onto my Plat online account. My T&C did have the same terms as the offer I applied under.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Sailor_Neptune
I applied and was approved for the card on 1/20/15. Received card on 1/23/15 - made my first/minimum spend purchase on the same day. Once the transaction posted, I saw 50K MR points posted (not pending).

I did have an AMEX Plat card when I applied. I applied in the incognito tab. I did confirm with the AMEX CSR that I was signed up for the offer. I put my PRG onto my Plat online account. My T&C did have the same terms as the offer I applied under.
Do you think Ill have an issue (with getting the bonus) that I linked my accounts before I received the card? I did get the # from the website and have used it on a purchase already....
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:21 am

Do you think Ill have an issue (with getting the bonus) that I linked my accounts before I received the card? I did get the # from the website and have used it on a purchase already....
No, because I linked my card to my online account immediately after seeing an approval. The very same say I confirmed with a CSR. When my card came in the mail, I made sure to read the T&C. I also saved the chat conversation with the CSR confirming that I was going to receive the sign up bonus.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:47 am

I currently have a Delta Plat Card, which I plan to cancel soon after my next Delta purchase.

When I opened the link in Post#1 using home personal computer, I got the red notice, "You have been identified as a current American Express Card Member. You may have seen an offer advertised for this product previously, but the offer is not available to current American Express Card Members."...

But if I use another computer from my office at work, I got the 50K bonus points offer. Does that mean I can apply using the computer at work and get the 50K even though I have Delta AmEx card? I believe I had (and canceled) AmEx Personal Reward Gold couple years ago...
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I currently have a Delta Plat Card, which I plan to cancel soon after my next Delta purchase.

When I opened the link in Post#1 using home personal computer, I got the red notice, "You have been identified as a current American Express Card Member. You may have seen an offer advertised for this product previously, but the offer is not available to current American Express Card Members."...

But if I use another computer from my office at work, I got the 50K bonus points offer. Does that mean I can apply using the computer at work and get the 50K even though I have Delta AmEx card? I believe I had (and canceled) AmEx Personal Reward Gold couple years ago...
Since you have had the PRG before, I do not think you are eligible for the sign up bonus. You will have to double check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.