Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:02 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
RIGHT-clicked (Open link in Incognito Window) the link in post #1 several times this morning, until 50,000 point offer appeared. Applied. Instantaneous approval.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by mia
RIGHT-clicked (Open link in Incognito Window) the link in post #1 several times this morning, until 50,000 point offer appeared. Applied. Instantaneous approval.
Did you first ask CS if you have ever had this card?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:06 am
mia

Originally Posted by michael_v
Did you first ask CS if you have ever had this card?
I have had this card. I applied in Ms mia's name, because she has not.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by derekshc
Time for my first flyertalk post as well

I ran into the same "We apologize that the offer you are looking for may no longer be available." message and very nearly gave up on this. I found that by clicking around the site to view the card benefits, the apply button moves to the top of the screen and finally works ^.
Finally got this trick to work. Thank you.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Hi,

Is there any way to get the points to post before the BA +40% offer is over (1/31/2015)?
Probably not but maybe someone knows a trick?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:25 pm

MR account

Sorry for being dense, but having applied for that card without logging in, I'm stuck with a brand new amex web account and no MR enrollment of the new card. Do you set up a new MR account or is it safe to associate the new card with the existing web/MR account?

(The new web account says "member since 99," so it's not like they don't know that I was an existing customer, but if the purpose was to land 50K points and the offer said existing customers didn't qualify, I'm hesitant to give them too many clues ...)

Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:12 pm
mia

Originally Posted by Asleep at the Yoke
...safe to associate the new card with the existing web/MR account?
Yes.

American Express knows exactly who you are, the other cards you have now, and the cards you have had in the past. Applying Incognito/Private merely defeats some sort of primitive automated filter.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:35 pm

Does anyone actually maintain this card (i.e. pay the AF for it)? I can't picture why you'd want to do that given the rewards structure.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
Does anyone actually maintain this card (i.e. pay the AF for it)? I can't picture why you'd want to do that given the rewards structure.
Prior to the Everyday cards, this was the best earning structure of the full-MR earning cards (that make MR transferable). So I imagine many pay the fee, particularly those who spend a lot on airfare. Also, it used to have a 15K MR bonus for spending $30K in a calendar year. With the removal of that perk and the roll out of the Everyday and Everyday Preferred, I agree that the use case isn't there for most people anymore.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:52 pm

I currently have the Amex Business Gold Rewards Card. Does anyone know if this is considered the same card?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kyto
I currently have the Amex Business Gold Rewards Card. Does anyone know if this is considered the same card?
Different products, one is personal other is business.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:49 am

I just applied and got accepted without a phone call. Which is a bit surprising, as I have about $5,000 currently owed on cards. I do have great credit otherwise.

As to the offer, I just went to the page, saw 25k. Refreshed, saw 50k. The first time I tried I got those errors you guys spoke of, but then I just hit "Back" and clicked again a few times until it went through. It confirmed the award amount on the left side as I filled out the application.

As I mentioned above, I do have the Business Gold card, so here's hoping the bonus applies!
Old Jan 20, 2015, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by kyto
I just applied and got accepted without a phone call. Which is a bit surprising, as I have about $5,000 currently owed on cards. I do have great credit otherwise.

As to the offer, I just went to the page, saw 25k. Refreshed, saw 50k. The first time I tried I got those errors you guys spoke of, but then I just hit "Back" and clicked again a few times until it went through. It confirmed the award amount on the left side as I filled out the application.

As I mentioned above, I do have the Business Gold card, so here's hoping the bonus applies!
I had the Premier Rewards Card and then later on applied for the Business Gold Card.

Like someone said earlier, different cards. So you will get the bonus.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Is 50K one of the better signup bonuses for this card? I thought I've seen 75K offer recently or perhaps I got it confused with a different card.

Thank you.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:07 pm

Thanks OP! Been waiting a long time for this card.

I did the incognito, popped up after 2 tries. I got the same error message as noted above, but when I scrolled down and hit apply at the bottom of the page, the app popped up properly.

One thing not really mentioned in the thread as this link has first year fee waived as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.