Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Plat Business approval?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

AMEX Plat Business approval?

I just applied and it asked that I call in for their decision. Does this usually happen to everyone or do folks get approved automatically?
If you've called in before, what do they ask you? I'm busy at work so if they tend to approve a few days later then I'll just wait. Otherwise , I'll call in. Pls share your experiences.
Old Jan 5, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Global Entry
Just call in and see what they say...it could be a variety of things:

When I have called in, sometimes it has been just to sell me on the benefits of the cards (and to tell me I was approved). Other times they needed some more information. You really have no idea so don't be afraid about calling in. Good luck!
Old Jan 5, 2015, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

lol.. not afraid. Was going to just wait instead of trying to find time to call in but I did it anyway. Was approved. The guy was weird in that he kept telling me to confirm the info i provided and that his system was down and that he needed to call another group. But it was approved. I asked him to confirm the spend bonus but he again had system problems etc. It was such a weird conversation.

I guess I just need to call in and have them grant my spg acct gold status. time to get spending. 10k will be an awful lot to do in 3 months haha.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 1:16 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
When I applied, I also received the message to call-in. AMEX merely wanted to verify some information but then for security reasons requested to call me on my registered phone number. Because I initiated the phone call, they couldn't be certain that I wasn't an imposter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.