Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Accelerate points from bonus offer - available via online chat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

I missed the minimum spend by my first statement for my wife's new Platinum charge card by 4 days. I have since met and exceeded the minimum 3K spend for 100K MR points.

I have read online that I can call to accelerate the points, but has anyone had any success in getting the points accelerated via online chat? I tried once, but had no luck, however I have read that even calling may take a representative or two.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
i've done it over the phone, just one rep, was not an issue
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
My Everyday card bonus posted as soon as I hit the min spend, way before the billing cycle month was over. You may get this as soon as the pending transactions clear to get you over the min spend amount automatically.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:43 pm

I have tried unsuccessfully both in talking to reps and online. I have been told that it takes 6 to 8 weeks for the award miles to post even when they are shown as pending and that the money I spent and pre paid online would not be available until after the 2nd billing statement. I had one rep tell me that if I prepaid the amount due the pending bonus points would move from pending to available but the closing date is here and still no available points and at this moment the Amex reps keep going back to we cant do anything about it and we told you t would be 6 to 8 weeks. So I wish you luck and if you are successful please let me know how

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.